24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 14011 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2021, 05:30:24 AM »
Pot makes me loose weight also. Haven’t smoked in a few months—waiting for legal weed to begin in NJ. Good for you. I am back to my starting weight but getting back on the weight loss train cause I don’t like the way my pants are fitting and I refuse to go up a size cause I’ll never return from that…

Some sativa strains are more effective an appetite suppressant than nicotine or caffeine for me. When I first got my card I was almost exclusively using sativas because I didn't really know much other than i like sweet and piney weed. Now that I've learned a lot more about different terpenes and my own body and what works I've been using those strains early in the morning and then tapering off into more indica leaning strains which do stimulate my appetite. So between not eating as much and then having healthier munchies the weight just kind of fell off. It made me realize this is probably my natural weight and I've been walking around overweight but not really noticing because I didn't look "fat".

When you do get your card if you want to learn about terpenes and the biochemistry of cannabis or choosing a strain feel free to hit me up. There's a ton of good information and resources online but the most important thing to remember is that everyone is different and what does one thing to you might do something totally different to someone else. It's kind of like skate gear... You may have to experiment for a while until you find the one that fits you best.

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2021, 12:16:16 PM »
16 lbs down since the last week of August.

Fuck yeah, I’m stoked.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2021, 12:36:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Pot makes me loose weight also. Haven’t smoked in a few months—waiting for legal weed to begin in NJ. Good for you. I am back to my starting weight but getting back on the weight loss train cause I don’t like the way my pants are fitting and I refuse to go up a size cause I’ll never return from that…
[close]

Some sativa strains are more effective an appetite suppressant than nicotine or caffeine for me. When I first got my card I was almost exclusively using sativas because I didn't really know much other than i like sweet and piney weed. Now that I've learned a lot more about different terpenes and my own body and what works I've been using those strains early in the morning and then tapering off into more indica leaning strains which do stimulate my appetite. So between not eating as much and then having healthier munchies the weight just kind of fell off. It made me realize this is probably my natural weight and I've been walking around overweight but not really noticing because I didn't look "fat".

When you do get your card if you want to learn about terpenes and the biochemistry of cannabis or choosing a strain feel free to hit me up. There's a ton of good information and resources online but the most important thing to remember is that everyone is different and what does one thing to you might do something totally different to someone else. It's kind of like skate gear... You may have to experiment for a while until you find the one that fits you best.

unless it's at night and I'm ripping indica, weed and coffee suppress my appetite like crazy. no joke. I'm not saying it's all related, but since last February I've been on the mushroom microdose, small amount of THC candy, and coffee most mornings, I've dropped down from 165ish to staying at 140ish since May or so. Dropping those unexpected lbs really makes ya feel better all around.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2021, 09:42:10 AM »
Congrats to everyone on this thread. SLAP is killing it on this health mission.
I've been having a difficult time getting started with a regimen but I've been trying to exercise before and after work, and eat better with portion control and intermittent fasting. The hunger gets me so psycho sometimes though and it can make my attitude HALT piss poor.
I've recently been weighing myself twice a week and I'm lost around 6 lbs, which I'm psyched about, but  I'm trying to get some strength/muscle going. I got doughy after I broke my ankle.
Before work I ride my exercise bike and do some active stretches. At work I try to run up and down the stairs several times a day and sneak off and do pt cardio. I try to do more stuff after work but I'm usually too tired.
The hardest parts lately have been getting motivated to exercise. After work its especially difficult and I just want to curl up and watch 30 Rock. That might be winter depression though. Like in a box.
Also I struggle with snacking on candy at bedtime. For some reason I get ravenous when I'm getting ready to drift off and nothing in my fridge is safe.
Any of you found tools/skills to help curb the late night sweet tooth?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2021, 09:49:17 AM »
I've been having a difficult time getting started with a regimen but I've been trying to exercise before and after work, and eat better with portion control and intermittent fasting. The hunger gets me so psycho sometimes though and it can make my attitude HALT piss poor.
I've recently been weighing myself twice a week and I'm lost around 6 lbs, which I'm psyched about, but  I'm trying to get some strength/muscle going. I got doughy after I broke my ankle.
Before work I ride my exercise bike and do some active stretches. At work I try to run up and down the stairs several times a day and sneak off and do pt cardio. I try to do more stuff after work but I'm usually too tired.
The hardest parts lately have been getting motivated to exercise. After work its especially difficult and I just want to curl up and watch 30 Rock. That might be winter depression though. Like in a box.
Also I struggle with snacking on candy at bedtime. For some reason I get ravenous when I'm getting ready to drift off and nothing in my fridge is safe.

You need a hard withdrawal. Get rid of all unhealthy stuff so if you have a craving there will be only healthy stuff, rice waffles, a carrot, a spoonful of peanut butter…

Do the exercise right when you get home first thing, before settling on the couch or getting comfy.

You made a good start, don‘t give in.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2021, 10:08:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You need a hard withdrawal. Get rid of all unhealthy stuff so if you have a craving there will be only healthy stuff, rice waffles, a carrot, a spoonful of peanut butter…

Do the exercise right when you get home first thing, before settling on the couch or getting comfy.

Thats good advice. I've got so little self discipline with food, but luckily the fancy "organic" Reeses I bought taste like chalk, so I'm going to try and set up some pre-arranged healthier night snacks.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2021, 11:26:38 AM »
Exercising before work and after work is too much. If you want muscle and strength you only need to exercise 3 times a week if that

You need calories to build muscle so you might be starving yourself more than you think. It's defeating and it causes people to quit

Do your strength training in the morning if it's calisthenics, bands or weights (2 to 5 times a week) and go for a 20+ minute walk or skate after work for a stress reliever everyday (even if you don't feel stressed)

Keep making healthy choices with your food but try to get near a gram of protein per pound of body weight and forget about weighing yourself the next 12 weeks

I've lost 43 pounds this year while gaining 10 pounds multiple times. Diet periodization works the best for me

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2021, 12:07:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thats good advice. I've got so little self discipline with food, but luckily the fancy "organic" Reeses I bought taste like chalk, so I'm going to try and set up some pre-arranged healthier night snacks.

hey friend. it's hard to get started. I really began losing the LBs when I was also on my ass from an ankle injury last winter. It was changing up my relationship with food. I didn't weight myself from January til May and was really surprised. I feel like weighing oneself numerous times per week can lead to unreasonable expectations- there are days when, if I'm constipated and at a big meal, I'll weigh 4-5lbs more than the day before... just saying.

My biggest source of additional fat was peanut butter. No joke. I have a fixed up shake for lunch most days and I'd put 2-3 big globs of sugar free peanut butter in there. I'd eat that shit off the spoon like a candy bar... too much of a good thing isn't good anymore, feel me?

a great, hooked up meal replacement shake goes like this for me:

1/3 scoop plant based protein (whole scoop leaves me bloated)
1 TBSP hemp seeds (lots of easily digestible protein)
2 TBSP PB2 Powdered Peanut butter (no sugar, 1.5g fat, 12% daily protein)
1 TBSP Lions Mane mushroom powder
1.5 Whole Frozen Banana
1/2 cup plain coconut milk (watch for added sugars)
rest of cup filled with h2o and ice

TBH, I can drink half of this at 130pm and feel satisfied until dinner most days. The start up costs are kind of expensive up front, protein, hemp seeds, etc, but it ends up being a $2-3 meal, which isn't too bad in my opinion considering how much eating out or making a bagged lunch costs.

As for exercise, I know we're all different, but start slow and easy. I've been running regularly again after Covid, it's been 12 weeks now. Rather than tying to hoof it hard, I've been doing the same 1.1 mile loop 4 days, a different 2.2 mile loop 2 days, and a day off. It's about sustainability for me. Going hard 1 or 2 days and feeling like ass the rest of the time doesn't really get anything done.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2021, 04:18:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

hey friend. it's hard to get started. I really began losing the LBs when I was also on my ass from an ankle injury last winter. It was changing up my relationship with food. I didn't weight myself from January til May and was really surprised. I feel like weighing oneself numerous times per week can lead to unreasonable expectations- there are days when, if I'm constipated and at a big meal, I'll weigh 4-5lbs more than the day before... just saying.

My biggest source of additional fat was peanut butter. No joke. I have a fixed up shake for lunch most days and I'd put 2-3 big globs of sugar free peanut butter in there. I'd eat that shit off the spoon like a candy bar... too much of a good thing isn't good anymore, feel me?

1.5 Whole Frozen Banana

TBH, I can drink half of this at 130pm and feel satisfied until dinner most days. The start up costs are kind of expensive up front, protein, hemp seeds, etc, but it ends up being a $2-3 meal, which isn't too bad in my opinion considering how much eating out or making a bagged lunch costs.

As for exercise, I know we're all different, but start slow and easy. I've been running regularly again after Covid, it's been 12 weeks now. Rather than tying to hoof it hard, I've been doing the same 1.1 mile loop 4 days, a different 2.2 mile loop 2 days, and a day off. It's about sustainability for me. Going hard 1 or 2 days and feeling like ass the rest of the time doesn't really get anything done.

@IusedToSkateMore How are you, dude? That a great shake recipe. I've never had hemp seeds or lions mane before but I'll check them out. Glad to hear you're running again! I'll PM you.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2021, 04:24:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

1.5 Whole Frozen Banana

[close]

@IusedToSkateMore How are you, dude? That a great shake recipe. I've never had hemp seeds or lions mane before but I'll check them out. Glad to hear you're running again! I'll PM you.

I'm hanging, my friend. semester is winding down and I'm scraping through papers!

I use the lions mane mushroom powder for its cognitive effects, it's not necessary for a meal shake, it's just what I do. Hemp seeds are a great source of digestible protein and DEFINITELY cheaper than fancy protein powders if you can find them at like Costco or something.

drop me a pm anytime!!!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #280 on: December 06, 2021, 02:17:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

unless it's at night and I'm ripping indica, weed and coffee suppress my appetite like crazy. no joke. I'm not saying it's all related, but since last February I've been on the mushroom microdose, small amount of THC candy, and coffee most mornings, I've dropped down from 165ish to staying at 140ish since May or so. Dropping those unexpected lbs really makes ya feel better all around.

Ya I remember you telling me about your morning routine. I haven't always responded well to mushies (literally the only drug that's ever made me black out and wake up on the ground with my terrified friends standing over me in a circle) so I don't really have any interest in that but I'm the same way with coffee and sativas. I wont even think about eating until im coming down but I get this crazy like primal level satisfaction from ice water. Its like the best thing on earth when I'm baked, especially if I'm skating or otherwise working up a sweat.

For the guys who are prone to snacking on sweets but want something healthier my go-to is grapes. They're the right size to satisfy the snacking ritual and some of the newer kinds (cotton candy, moon drops, sweet snaps etc) taste like straight up candy when they're ripe. I also dip them in yogurt or eat them with cheese if I want to switch it up and add some protein.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #281 on: December 06, 2021, 07:35:30 AM »
Been doing intermittent fasting with an 8-hour window, AKA skipping breakfast with a fancy name. Before work, I've been jumping on the trainer and doing an hour of intervals. Trying to lose 10 pounds and get back to where I was before the knee injury.

Used to get lots of motivating comments like "Eat a sandwich", "are you anorexic?", "do you want to talk about it?" etc. I really miss those days.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2021, 12:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ya I remember you telling me about your morning routine. I haven't always responded well to mushies (literally the only drug that's ever made me black out and wake up on the ground with my terrified friends standing over me in a circle) so I don't really have any interest in that but I'm the same way with coffee and sativas. I wont even think about eating until im coming down but I get this crazy like primal level satisfaction from ice water. Its like the best thing on earth when I'm baked, especially if I'm skating or otherwise working up a sweat.

For the guys who are prone to snacking on sweets but want something healthier my go-to is grapes. They're the right size to satisfy the snacking ritual and some of the newer kinds (cotton candy, moon drops, sweet snaps etc) taste like straight up candy when they're ripe. I also dip them in yogurt or eat them with cheese if I want to switch it up and add some protein.

grapes are good!

my lady got us on Prunes. she says they're good for pooping purposes, but I'm pretty regular anyways. either way, the prunes are pretty filling and sweet.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2021, 04:31:42 PM »
how the hell are you guys making time to work out and skate and do life things? i feel like i can never make time for it all and can either be in better shape or be skating as much as I wanna.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2021, 01:28:23 AM »
how the hell are you guys making time to work out and skate and do life things? i feel like i can never make time for it all and can either be in better shape or be skating as much as I wanna.

I have made it my mission to never work full-time. Aside from parental duties, it allows me to skate long sessions during the week. Definitely key to managing my weight since I am not very disciplined when it comes to exercise. Obviously it’s a privilege to be able to work part-time, but many people could if they didn’t prioritize their professional careers.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2021, 03:11:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have made it my mission to never work full-time. Aside from parental duties, it allows me to skate long sessions during the week. Definitely key to managing my weight since I am not very disciplined when it comes to exercise. Obviously it’s a privilege to be able to work part-time, but many people could if they didn’t prioritize their professional careers.

@listentoaheartbeat that sounds great, I am sure your kids appreciate you being around.

For me the key was a drastic change of diet. Exercise is nice and well but if you want to lose weight, the only way is to ingest less calories than you burn.

I am now hovering around 63 kilos (approx. 139 lbs). I managed to keep that weight although I haven‘t been able/allowed to do sports or even exercise for a month now.

Obviously, if you have a physical job or skate six hours a day you can eat more than if you sit at a desk all day.
why come?

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2022, 07:47:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

grapes with cheese.....
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Fhk

« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2022, 03:26:27 AM »

I started this push on Dec. 27th. I would love to be below 200 by my birthday in early February.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2022, 04:09:12 AM »
Man, you all are motivating. I’m about to turn 46 and sick of going up and down in weight. Sitting at a gross 237.8 right now. Got down to 222 last year with a goal of 219 and just blew it. Fuck. I’ll be dropping in here to let you all know how this goes. Short term I want to see the scale say 229. Long term I want to see 199 and stay there. This shit is hard, I’ve never had a metabolism. Lets do this!
Side note: I did strict IF for the last seven weeks and gained 7 lbs, so fuck that. I need to move more and eat less. Simple. But very hard.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #289 on: January 25, 2022, 11:02:00 PM »
Anyone else get Covid and just completely go backwards here?

I was doing pretty well, as you'll read earlier in the thread, then three things happened: (i) I changed jobs where I now drive to work instead of walk, (ii) I realized the hot, flirty young lady at my old job whom I was subconsciously trying to impress wasn't rly that into me, we were just two ppl trapped in a miserable work environment, and (iii) I got Covid and it just completely wiped me out and I was basically bedridden for two weeks.

Now I'm back up to like 230 lbs, though I guess every day is a new day...gotta get back on the horse...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Fhk

« Reply #290 on: January 26, 2022, 03:34:07 AM »
Moving more and eating less is definitely how this thing works in your 40s. This became evident to me when I started working on my feet again. I have also been keeping my calorie intake at about 1600. I think I mentioned before I can't skate in the winter so my treadmill on my days off keeps me from raiding the fridge. I started at 222 at Christmas and as of last today I am down to 208..so it is pretty unlikely I will be 199 for my birthday, but not through lack of effort. There is a ton of motivation in this thread..and  Fubar and Lawndale I look forward to seeing your updates!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 03:34:23 AM by Seventyfuhkinseven »

FeechLaManna

• Rep: 8
  • long story short, I got my foot in her snatch-
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2022, 11:15:17 AM »
I paid to be "coached" by none other than world-renowned, former pro skater and bath salts enthusiast Nick Dompierre. AMA, or dont. I did make some way positive results working with him though.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #292 on: February 03, 2022, 05:26:04 AM »
i just cancelled my orange theory membership because i've been burning a shitload of calories playing pistol whip on oculus. i haven't enjoyed a video game in ages but this ones got me pretty stoked. if i have an hour between calls i'll hit a quick session in the garage and usually stack 700-900 calories. an oculus cost about 300 and there's a 30 day return at best buy. worth trying if your looking for a good indoor calorie option.

still not moving the needle on my weight like i'd like too but most evenings we cook food with the family and each good cheeses and have good drinks. but at least i'm breaking even.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2022, 12:41:24 PM »
This thread started a bit more than a year ago but I jumped on exactly one year ago with below post:

Count me in brahs. Not sure how I will manage but trying to cut back on processed sugar for starters. It‘s hard tho, being from the land of chocolate.  :'(

I was writing this half jokingly first, without setting a goal but soon I was motivated by Pals posting their success so I started taking it serious and got on a diet. Here's how my weight developed since, based on my postings in this thread:

28 March: Start the diet at 75kg / 165 lbs
15 May: 72kg / 158 lbs
21 June: 70kg / 154  lbs - at this point I started doing forearm planks, which I still do daily
25 July: 68kg / 149 lbs
30 Aug: 66kg / 145
23 Oct: 65kg / 143lbs
30 Dec: 63 kg / 139 lbs - after that, I started gaining a bit of weight but then I started interval fasting, which helped me maintain the weight and even going down a little bit
12 March: 61.5 / 135 lbs - I have been stable on this weight for about two weeks now. I hope to maintain it.

In other words, I am 30 lbs down. That's something I would not have thought to be possible if you had told me a year ago. I was used to getting fatter and fatter and thought this was normal for an old dude. Now I am fit and happy with my body. It's a good feeling and I thank everyone in this thread for being a motivation. You guys are the best!
why come?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2022, 01:01:03 PM »
Yo Chubby SLAPers

I have never been the picture of health, but barely leaving the house for 1 year has caused me to gain 15 lbs of pure fat.

Now that it looks like life is about to begin again I need my shit together before the summer or skateboarding will suck.

I picking 20 lbs as my goal, cause I was trying to drop 10-15 lbs before all this shit.

Join me for the fight and post your final weight loss total if you like.

Can’t believe it’s been a year since I started this thread.

I’ve lost 6.5 lbs but my pants still feel tight. I was actually doing really well over the summer but in the fall I pulled something in my groin (pushing leg) and I haven’t been skating since September, so muscle has been replaced with fat and I am right back where I started.

@Easy Slider you can be the European chapter president. Loosing 20% of your body weight is crazy. I’m hoping to loose another 15 lbs. my groin still doesn’t feel right but I think if I don’t take long pushes I’ll be alright.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2022, 02:09:14 PM »
Dropped 25ish elbees and have kept it off. Lowest i hit was 138 in the middle of last summer. Fully clothed I clocked 143 at doc last week. Haven't been very active and have been eating less clean as winter is fading away. Its easier when weather is warmer

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2022, 08:13:14 AM »
Actively avoided this thread out of denial, but went surfing for the first time in a month and my bloated stomach made it feel like I was balancing on a basketball.

I’m definitely a boredom and stress eater, and far too often those foods are fried or pure refined sugar.  This is my potential new workday “diet”, tell me if it’s severely lacking anything;

- Intermittent fast from dinner (6-7pm) until my morning break between 9-10am.
- Switch morning coffee with milk for white tea.
- Morning break : Plain Greek yogurt with blueberries, carrot sticks.
- Lunch : 1/2 chicken breast, 1/2 avocado, whole wheat tortilla maybe?
- Afternoon break : Apple

My partner and I eat pretty normal and well rounded dinners, but could def scale back the portion sizes.  And of course, I’ll try to drag myself outside for walks/runs.  Or do burpees.  God I’m already tired of this and I haven’t even started.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: March 17, 2022, 09:34:23 AM »
Actively avoided this thread out of denial, but went surfing for the first time in a month and my bloated stomach made it feel like I was balancing on a basketball.

I’m definitely a boredom and stress eater, and far too often those foods are fried or pure refined sugar.  This is my potential new workday “diet”, tell me if it’s severely lacking anything;

- Intermittent fast from dinner (6-7pm) until my morning break between 9-10am.
- Switch morning coffee with milk for white tea.
- Morning break : Plain Greek yogurt with blueberries, carrot sticks.
- Lunch : 1/2 chicken breast, 1/2 avocado, whole wheat tortilla maybe?
- Afternoon break : Apple

My partner and I eat pretty normal and well rounded dinners, but could def scale back the portion sizes.  And of course, I’ll try to drag myself outside for walks/runs.  Or do burpees.  God I’m already tired of this and I haven’t even started.

Hey man, you'll be able to do it! I personally find it easier to do the IF from 10pm-1 or 2pm. I get to snack a little at night and just drink black coffee til lunch. Whatever works.

I did find that cutting refined sugars for the first few months made it easier all around. Body stopped craving it

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2022, 10:35:28 AM »
Sweet, thanks dude!  I’m usually in bed by 10 and up at 6 since I work from 7-4, and I’m not usually too hungry after a big dinner.  Might be tough to eliminate refined sugar altogether, but I’ll start by not bringing kids yogurt and pastries in my work lunch lol.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2022, 08:40:57 PM »
Sweet, thanks dude!  I’m usually in bed by 10 and up at 6 since I work from 7-4, and I’m not usually too hungry after a big dinner.  Might be tough to eliminate refined sugar altogether, but I’ll start by not bringing kids yogurt and pastries in my work lunch lol.

no doubt. I hesitate to even suggest anything to anyone because how and what we do around food is a highly individualistic thing. Obviously, by schedule is different than yours!!! but ya, fuckin hell, man, I love cookies and pastries and had to cut back for sure. For a sugar fix I add maple syrup to greek yogurt. it's sugar but at least it's not white shit from a bag ;)