24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 13988 times)

Fhk

Re: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #300 on: March 21, 2022, 09:31:08 AM »
198 lbs confirmed! I have finally made it below 200. I couldn’t be more stoked right now.I hope everyone else in here has continued success as well   :)

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #301 on: March 21, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »
198 lbs confirmed! I have finally made it below 200. I couldn’t be more stoked right now.I hope everyone else in here has continued success as well   :)

FUCKING HUGE! Congrats friend, I know you've been working hard on it.  ;D
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Fhk

« Reply #302 on: March 21, 2022, 10:25:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you Puff!!!!

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #303 on: March 21, 2022, 11:45:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thank you Puff!!!!

yeehaw. now ya down in FL and gonna sweat out the rest, my G.

five oooooh(shiiiiiiiiiiiit mothafucka) 8
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #304 on: March 21, 2022, 01:12:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thank you Puff!!!!
[close]

yeehaw. now ya down in FL and gonna sweat out the rest, my G.

five oooooh(shiiiiiiiiiiiit mothafucka) 8
Yessah! Being able actually skate every day has had that shit melting off!
5 ohhhhhhh to the 8!!

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2022, 04:10:51 PM »
Yooo congrats man!  Getting under 200 when you’ve been over it awhile feels amazing.  Did it once and hope to again soon.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2022, 05:46:36 AM »
Lost 36 lbs last year by counting calories and skating a lot. Then stopped counting and gained a bit before getting Covid, which really threw me off. Up 17 lbs and counting calories again. I hope I won’t have to do it forever. It’s effective but cumbersome.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2022, 10:32:02 PM »
I'm back in the weight loss game. Went from 200lbs back up to like 250lbs. Let's do this.

Heavily considering going vegetarian.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2022, 11:20:05 PM »
I'm back in the weight loss game. Went from 200lbs back up to like 250lbs. Let's do this.

Heavily considering going vegetarian.

When I was vegetarian, I gained weight just as easy. It’s all about reducing calorie intake and increasing burn. If you want to cut anything, I recommend candy, alcohol, and fast food.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2022, 12:02:10 AM »
Yeah, I'm mainly considering it for the impact on animals, but I agree and appreciate the advice.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2022, 09:36:33 AM »
Yeah, I'm mainly considering it for the impact on animals, but I agree and appreciate the advice.

Going veg isn't too hard if you have time to prep food. Thug Kitchen Cookbook is cheesy but is a great veg cookbook. Soon good

Fhk

« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2022, 05:05:03 AM »
Sitting at 192 now. I think that’s a 33 lbs loss since Christmas! I have stopped counting calories finally, as just eating less and healthier has become routine. 7 more to go and then it’s just preventive maintenance. I’ve mentioned it numerous times, but this thread has been a huge part of my motivation.

Lawndale..you’ve done it before so you know gd well you can do it again my man.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2022, 10:44:41 AM »
Thanks, guys. Baby steps so far but it felt good to only order a veggie chopped salad. Appreciate the tip, IUTSM. Congrats, 70fkn7!

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2022, 03:22:32 PM »
Sitting at 192 now. I think that’s a 33 lbs loss since Christmas! I have stopped counting calories finally, as just eating less and healthier has become routine. 7 more to go and then it’s just preventive maintenance. I’ve mentioned it numerous times, but this thread has been a huge part of my motivation.

That is great that you lost 30 lbs. must be all that aggressive snow shoveling.

I can’t seem to keep weight off cause I have preteen kids and we eat like shit when we are together. I take them to McDonald’s and Wendy’s and eat pizza too much.

I should be at your weight as we are the 77 brothers. What you been eating?

@EdLawndale

Let’s get busy you and I. I’m only down 3 lbs since I started this thread. The boys are putting me to shame.

I need to enjoy rolling more. Werd!

Fhk

« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2022, 03:48:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is great that you lost 30 lbs. must be all that aggressive snow shoveling.

I can’t seem to keep weight off cause I have preteen kids and we eat like shit when we are together. I take them to McDonald’s and Wendy’s and eat pizza too much.

I should be at your weight as we are the 77 brothers. What you been eating?
Thank you my 77 brutha! Mike V. showed me the way! Honestly it’s all been about portion control combined with intermittent fasting (skipping breakfast) I don’t really eat fast food, but I still drink 2-4 beers a night, and will get a pizza every other week. I was 190 yesterday, and when I see 189 I will probably cry haha.

Edit: I went to gnar you..but I can not be responsible for ruining that perfect 5 oh 8 that number means more to me than 189  :)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2022, 06:03:42 PM »
Congrats 70fn7, that’s a big win, good luck with the last few! 

I’m down about 20lbs in the last 4-5 weeks.  Sitting around 195 from 215.  Working on the road last week was a setback but been back on track since this weekend.  Aiming for 180 or so, then might have the odd snack again, but want to stick with 16:8.  Pants are starting to get a little loose, hoping to step up my fit game this summer.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2022, 10:37:18 PM »
@Seventyfuhkinseven

I’ve been in the 508 but not til I die…

« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 02:58:27 PM by GardenSkater77 »

Fhk

« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2022, 09:17:26 AM »
186 as of this morning! If I took a big shit I would be at a 40lb loss..The fucking train is rolling now..I’m shooting for 175 and then I’m done. Sorry to keep posting in here..but nodody irl would give a fuck if I told them. I hope you guys are having continued success!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2022, 12:11:48 PM »
186 as of this morning! If I took a big shit I would be at a 40lb loss..The fucking train is rolling now..I’m shooting for 175 and then I’m done. Sorry to keep posting in here..but nodody irl would give a fuck if I told them. I hope you guys are having continued success!

Nice achievement.

I am down at 60kg / 132lbs from 75kg / 165lbs, which means I lost 20% of my body in one year. Mindboggling to think this was all fat I was carrying around.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Fhk

« Reply #319 on: June 08, 2022, 05:15:54 PM »

I finally made it a few days ago. 50 lbs gone! Took a little bit longer than I wanted due to life kicking my ass..but the struggle is over.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: June 08, 2022, 05:27:13 PM »

I finally made it a few days ago. 50 lbs gone! Took a little bit longer than I wanted due to life kicking my ass..but the struggle is over.

Congratulations! I just finished a small bowl of potato chips when I read this. I haven’t weighed 175 LBS in 20 years. Must help so much with skating. I’d be estatic if I lost 25 lbs. loosing 50 is crazy. I’m impressed.

Fhk

« Reply #321 on: June 08, 2022, 06:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Congratulations! I just finished a small bowl of potato chips when I read this. I haven’t weighed 175 LBS in 20 years. Must help so much with skating. I’d be estatic if I lost 25 lbs. loosing 50 is crazy. I’m impressed.
Ty man! Yessah the difference in skating is phenomenal. I haven’t felt so natural flipping that thing since I was in my late 20s. Now I want potato chips!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 06:45:06 PM by Seventyfuhkinseven »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #322 on: June 08, 2022, 07:50:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice achievement.

I am down at 60kg / 132lbs from 75kg / 165lbs, which means I lost 20% of my body in one year. Mindboggling to think this was all fat I was carrying around.

60kg, 15kg, goddamn!

Put on weight during a 2 week holiday, upping my workout schedule and cutting down my carbs intake.

Stay strong everyone!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: June 08, 2022, 07:52:48 PM »

good work big dawg.  that's dope. I've been a steady 140 for a while now. it's nice. I'm 5'8, was at 165ish at points when this started. I'd like to get at 135 but that's kinda more control and work than I wanna do. I went kinda heavy on eat sweets and dairy the last few months but it was taking a toll on my GI track so I had to stop. feels good, man. bettah eat that mark anthonys tho bro

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #324 on: June 08, 2022, 10:31:52 PM »
Great achievement @Seventyfuhkinseven

And thx @rocklobster

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #325 on: June 08, 2022, 11:07:49 PM »

Sincere Congratulations though

I am ~two months sober off weed which used to cause binge eating. I'm struggling with diet management and am still procrastinating the nightly bike rides. Depression's the culprit but seeing Seventyfuhkinseven's progress helps remind me to keep my ideal lifestyle in mind and make improvements toward it.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Fhk

« Reply #326 on: June 09, 2022, 03:14:31 AM »

Sincere Congratulations though

I am ~two months sober off weed which used to cause binge eating. I'm struggling with diet management and am still procrastinating the nightly bike rides. Depression's the culprit but seeing Seventyfuhkinseven's progress helps remind me to keep my ideal lifestyle in mind and make improvements toward it.
Use that depression to fuel the fire! My life was pretty much destroyed and I figured either I could either let it bring me down even lower..or I could turn all the pain and anger into motivation. If that makes any sense. Anyhow thanks for all the kind words everyone! And @IusedToSkateMore gawddamn fuckin right I’m getting that Marc Anthony’s pizza this weekend! 5 oh 8!

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2022, 07:18:59 PM »
@Seventyfuhkinseven major congrats. Huge motivation!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #328 on: June 10, 2022, 07:38:29 PM »

@Seventyfuhkinseven congratulations!

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2024, 02:02:20 PM »
Reviving this topic only because it took me this long to finally make a push to lose some fucking LBS...in Nov 2023 I was 195 and I've never seen my scale hit 200 so I needed to sort out my shit.  Weighted in this AM at a cool 164.  If I can somehow get into the 150's I'll be shocked but I'm just going to keep running with what I'm doing and see how low it goes now.  I didn't film a part for my 50th so now that I'm headed for 52 in a couple months I guess I'll do it while I'm slim. 
Simple strategy for me- haven't had fast food at all since Nov, that's a big one.  Bringing grapes, apples (with a jar of peanut butter on my desk), oranges etc to work instead of snacking really helps.  I go through a bag of grapes in like 3 days but it keeps me from other stuff.  Lowered my dinner intake to a mellow amount and only get dessert on the weekends. 
Have done an intense 20-25 min workout every morning since Nov too.  20 min is so easy to squeeze in, I used to look at my cell-phone for like 45 min when I woke up (text threads, DM's, Insta etc).  Now I get 15 min then I have to get up and workout, simple as that.