Author Topic: Curb spots Long Beach, CA  (Read 4555 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Curb spots Long Beach, CA
« on: March 07, 2021, 08:32:59 PM »
Parks have been getting crowded a bit more than I like. What are some good curb spots in the Long Beach area?

I've found the fat parking blocks near Naples, which I like.

I've been wanting to check out the Bellflower DMV, but I don't know if I can get a 6am session in, or if I should just wait until Sundays.

SlapTM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 242
Re: Curb spots Long Beach, CA
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 09:09:24 PM »
Those Naples curbs are really fun as are the Bellflower DMV. Check out the Dollar Tree in Signal Hill. Some good curbs along with a half circle/U shaped curb. CSULB has a long red double sided curb and then there's Cerritos High School has some really good curbs as well. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any help.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 05:11:06 AM »
Rosies dog beach is decent but get it’s fair share of traffic at times

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 06:00:05 AM »
Rosies dog beach is decent but get it’s fair share of traffic at times

Yea. I went to them a couple of times. A lot of people skating when I went. I'm usually trying to do some solo riding as I'm not the best at curbs and don't want to embarrass myself.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 11:52:48 AM »
If you dont mind the drive the curbs at Greenville elementary in Santa Ana is always good 

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 12:23:10 PM »
Parks have been getting crowded a bit more than I like. What are some good curb spots in the Long Beach area?

I've found the fat parking blocks near Naples, which I like.

I've been wanting to check out the Bellflower DMV, but I don't know if I can get a 6am session in, or if I should just wait until Sundays.

Bellflower is my go-to spot most weekends, but with the time change coming up this weekend, you can get after hours sessions in for an hour as they close at 5pm and it's empty by 6pm usually...but I prefer Sat/Sun there. 
Belmont actually has a couple of decent curbs.  Tennis courts at Marine Stadium near the farmers market has a double and single sided option. 

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 03:52:10 PM »
Those Naples curbs are really fun as are the Bellflower DMV. Check out the Dollar Tree in Signal Hill. Some good curbs along with a half circle/U shaped curb. CSULB has a long red double sided curb and then there's Cerritos High School has some really good curbs as well. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any help.

Had way too much fun sessioning the DMV.

rothdigga

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 03:00:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're not even on the good side!  ha.  I'll be out there this weekend most likely.  Sat or Sun.  I usually roll like 11am or so, say what's up if you see me.  I always get sparked seeing real life SLAP pals in the wild.  James Craig and I had an epic meet up with a Detroit SLAP pal one year at the Red Bull contest there. 

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 03:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're not even on the good side!  ha.  I'll be out there this weekend most likely.  Sat or Sun.  I usually roll like 11am or so, say what's up if you see me.  I always get sparked seeing real life SLAP pals in the wild.  James Craig and I had an epic meet up with a Detroit SLAP pal one year at the Red Bull contest there.

Is this the place The Dude is always shredding in his instaclips?
ok thanks

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 04:00:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I was leaving towards the Artesia exit and saw the long stretch. Part of me wanted to stay and hit that other section, but I had to jam. Gonna try to get out there again this weekend.

rothdigga

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 04:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The one and the same...

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 04:42:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
The one and the same...

Link to IG please. Would love to see some of these instaclips.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 07:19:17 PM »

Think I skated the fun section tonight after work. Most def can get longer grinds on this.

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 07:56:42 PM »
I live right down from the street from the Rosie’s curbs. That is the only spot I skate these days. Where are the Naples curbs? Here I am skating dog beach about a month ago. Say hi if you see me.

http://youtu.be/ET54ObofqIs

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 08:06:31 PM »
I live right down from the street from the Rosie’s curbs. That is the only spot I skate these days. Where are the Naples curbs? Here I am skating dog beach about a month ago. Say hi if you see me.

Naples curbs aren’t too far from Rosie’s. From Ocean, go up Bay Shore (past 2nd St) until you hit Appian Way. There you’ll see a large parking lot. There are wide parking blocks closer to the water. Just look for the black one that’s been waxed like crazy.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 06:46:10 PM »
There’s the bank to curb on the beach. That things fun for a little bit if you’re in the area. There’s also the harder to skate bank to curb in Signal Hill. Not sure if there’s an exact address or not, but the gps coordinates are 33.80651,-118.16302

Bellflower dmv gets a lot of praise from some of my friends. Gonna make it down there and check it out sometime soon
fuck you bama

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2021, 09:58:29 AM »
There’s the bank to curb on the beach.

The Scum Hole? I bike by it all the time. I've never really ridden banks, so I'm curious to try.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2021, 10:23:50 AM »
Damn I think I wanna sesh the DMV this weekend

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2021, 08:33:39 PM »

I'm moving right down the street from the dog beach next weekend! Is this spot good to skate pretty much any day of the week?

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm moving right down the street from the dog beach next weekend! Is this spot good to skate pretty much any day of the week?
Yep, you can skate them whenever. Most of the curb spots here are skateable any day.

ilovegay

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 07:58:21 PM »
Oh I’ve skated that Naples spot. Thanks for letting me know the name. You can skate the curbs whenever, but I prefer skating Dog Beach on weekdays because there are less people at the beach and less cars to worry about. It gets pretty busy on nice weekends. There are some ledges right next to the pool that some rollerblader has been waxing up, I haven’t skated them too much yet though.

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 08:17:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yep, you can skate them whenever. Most of the curb spots here are skateable any day.

Hell yeah that's good to hear

Oh I’ve skated that Naples spot. Thanks for letting me know the name. You can skate the curbs whenever, but I prefer skating Dog Beach on weekdays because there are less people at the beach and less cars to worry about. It gets pretty busy on nice weekends. There are some ledges right next to the pool that some rollerblader has been waxing up, I haven’t skated them too much yet though.

Stoked to hear about potential ledges as well! Really looking forward to having a mellow spot so close to home

ilovegay

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 09:13:35 PM »
Great manny pads and perfect flat ground too. I haven’t skated a park in forever. I will see you out there.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 01:16:17 PM »
If you dont mind the drive the curbs at Greenville elementary in Santa Ana is always good

Thanks for the tip! I live right by the school.

What’s the best time to skate these? Looking for a mellow spot to get back into skating after a broken foot.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2021, 10:22:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the tip! I live right by the school.

What’s the best time to skate these? Looking for a mellow spot to get back into skating after a broken foot.
You can skate it pretty much whenever. I usually go around 3. PM me if you want to meet up. I also like like a block from there.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 06:47:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Scum Hole? I bike by it all the time. I've never really ridden banks, so I'm curious to try.

it's real fun, just gets sandy (which, duh). but be prepared to sweep at least a bit of sand otu

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 10:52:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really fun spot but definitely bring a broom to not only sweep the spot but also to block your board from going into the water runoff.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 08:16:32 PM »
After a few weeks off the board, was able to get in a session at the DMV today. And I actually saw a bunch of people there other than a dude who races his RC car around the parking lot.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2021, 08:43:32 AM »
Naples curbs are great.

I grew up around the corner from the San Pedro dmv on gaffey and those curbs are wonderful.

Just gotta cross the bridge. And you can hit peck park too.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 10:23:02 AM »
I learned how to slappy at the curbs in Long Beach next to the Home Depot that had a in and out in the same parking lot.

Can anyone tell me where those curbs are that Cory keen as been posting videos at? Looks like a library or something.