Author Topic: Curb spots Long Beach, CA  (Read 4549 times)

donkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65
  • donk
Re: Curb spots Long Beach, CA
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 08:31:44 AM »
damn i really want to move out to long beach. i visited last summer and stayed with some homies like 5 mins away from cherry. i love the area and the amount of nice curbs that are in the vicinity really solidify how much i want to move there.

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2021, 11:52:19 AM »
Just skated some really fun curbs in the marina parking lot between the crab pot and schooner or later. Curbs for days and there is a slappy curb gap to double sided curb transfer option.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2021, 06:29:16 PM »
Just skated some really fun curbs in the marina parking lot between the crab pot and schooner or later. Curbs for days and there is a slappy curb gap to double sided curb transfer option.

I think I skated those exact curbs in 2012. If I’m recalling correctly that spot is fucking great
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2021, 01:36:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think I skated those exact curbs in 2012. If I’m recalling correctly that spot is fucking great

I skated these curbs twice recently. That slappy curb gap to double sided is scary to hit haha. That is a fun spot tho, low traffic.

I also hit that U-shaped curb at dollar tree in signal hill recently. that thing was much harder to get around than it looks

anyone ever hit the little DIY behind trader joes? I am wondering who maintains that. skate it every now and again and I haven't really ever seen skaters there. they recently put in a gnarly bank to bank with a long rail going across

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2021, 03:12:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I skated these curbs twice recently. That slappy curb gap to double sided is scary to hit haha. That is a fun spot tho, low traffic.

I also hit that U-shaped curb at dollar tree in signal hill recently. that thing was much harder to get around than it looks

anyone ever hit the little DIY behind trader joes? I am wondering who maintains that. skate it every now and again and I haven't really ever seen skaters there. they recently put in a gnarly bank to bank with a long rail going across

Which Trade Joes? Marina? Or on Bellflower?

I've seen vids of Ace Pelka riding the DIY, so I assume him and Rhino built that spot.

Or were your talking the curbs near the TJ's on Bellflower in the parking lot where Sears used to be. I saw some skaters patch cracks in the curbs and throw some Salba Sauce on it, so those things are SLICK.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2021, 04:04:38 PM »
the trader joe's in the marina. Ahh that makes sense

I haven't skated the curbs in that bellflower lot but I have definitely seen them at some point

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2021, 06:31:20 AM »
I’ve skated that diy behind TJ’s in the Marina. That thing is sketchy, but kind of fun.

Does anyone know of any street tranny spots around Long Beach?

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2021, 08:37:36 AM »
@ilovegay Off the top of my head all I got is a bank to curb spot in Signal Hill that's pretty popular. PM me if you want the addy

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2021, 10:02:52 AM »
@ilovegay Off the top of my head all I got is a bank to curb spot in Signal Hill that's pretty popular. PM me if you want the addy

Also the one along the beach path. Just bring a shovel. That thing constantly needs to be cleaned out.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2021, 01:23:22 PM »
with it getting dark so early lately, anyone got any decent night curbs/ledges that are lit up?

all that i can think of is csulb and it sounds like a bust trying to skate there on weekday nights

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »
with it getting dark so early lately, anyone got any decent night curbs/ledges that are lit up?

all that i can think of is csulb and it sounds like a bust trying to skate there on weekday nights

It's a bust now that students are back on campus and that campus security is getting a bit strict again.

The old Sears parking lot near Deli News Pizza has lights and a maintained curb. Don't know how well lit it is at night though.

Bellflower DMV is lit well into the night.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2021, 11:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's a bust now that students are back on campus and that campus security is getting a bit strict again.

The old Sears parking lot near Deli News Pizza has lights and a maintained curb. Don't know how well lit it is at night though.

Bellflower DMV is lit well into the night.

thanks. I'll have to check the that parking lot and the dmv

stokelord

• Rep: 3
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2022, 03:05:05 PM »
I am going to be on a work trip near Long Beach next Monday but definitely staying somewhere in Long Beach in the afternoon/evening. Are the double sided curbs by the beach still maintained at all? It's been a minute since I've been that way but if memory serves correctly, they're by the lifeguard station. Thanks for the all of the previously mentioned curb spots near the water as well!

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2022, 04:34:14 PM »
I am going to be on a work trip near Long Beach next Monday but definitely staying somewhere in Long Beach in the afternoon/evening. Are the double sided curbs by the beach still maintained at all? It's been a minute since I've been that way but if memory serves correctly, they're by the lifeguard station. Thanks for the all of the previously mentioned curb spots near the water as well!
Yeah those are are Rosie's Dog Beach and are still good to go. Some little manny pads there as well.

stokelord

• Rep: 3
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2022, 07:51:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah those are are Rosie's Dog Beach and are still good to go. Some little manny pads there as well.

Thank you for the intel!

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2023, 03:54:02 PM »
Anyone know where this spot it? His bio says he's 562 local.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpbhTelLP8i/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2023, 04:17:01 PM »

This is in Santa Ana, Greenville Elementary. Same school with the perfect long double sided curb.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2023, 04:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This is in Santa Ana, Greenville Elementary. Same school with the perfect long double sided curb.

Thank you.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2023, 03:04:34 PM »
any well covered spots to hit during the rain this week?

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2023, 08:51:20 PM »
Appreciate this thread. Heading to LA Friday then long beach Saturday & Sunday to skate.
Look forward to checking the dollar tree curbs.

one-off

• Rep: 105
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2023, 07:01:02 AM »
Having a go for curb spots in San Pedro, any info much appreciated!

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2023, 11:35:49 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a curb spot, but last time I was in Long Beach a few months ago, I heard people talking about a DIY. What's there and where's it at?

SlapTM

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2023, 02:17:55 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a curb spot, but last time I was in Long Beach a few months ago, I heard people talking about a DIY. What's there and where's it at?
Tons of stuff. Parking block ledges, gaps, over rails, quarter pipes.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtpzfjoJj4m/?igshid=OGIzYTJhMTRmYQ==

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cc60u-Ej-rf/?igshid=OGIzYTJhMTRmYQ==

3259 Walnut Ave
Signal Hill, CA  90755
United States

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2023, 09:12:33 PM »
Anyone know where the spot in the fourth frame is? Looks like it’s on one of the river trails.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cuivv7rujLT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2023, 06:55:09 AM »
@TastyBurrito could be wrong because it’s been a while since I have been there but I think those are the Firestone banks in San Gabriel river bed off the 605

https://maps.app.goo.gl/rau25y9bFuE3Phxo9?g_st=ic

SlapTM

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2023, 09:09:15 AM »
@TastyBurrito could be wrong because it’s been a while since I have been there but I think those are the Firestone banks in San Gabriel river bed off the 605

https://maps.app.goo.gl/rau25y9bFuE3Phxo9?g_st=ic
Nah, you're right, it is the Firestone banks.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2023, 10:55:49 AM »
Thank you both. I had a feeling I've biked by there before. I'm gonna keep an eye out for it next time I'm pedaling thru.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2023, 07:33:35 PM »
@Huell Howser @EmericaTM Where does one usually park when they hit the Firestone banks? That Lil Indy go-kart parking lot?

SlapTM

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2023, 08:20:16 PM »
@Huell Howser @EmericaTM Where does one usually park when they hit the Firestone banks? That Lil Indy go-kart parking lot?
Last time I went I parked in that park on the other side of the ditch. If you park there, right when you get into the ditch is also the little kicker over gap that Lutzka frontside 360 kickflipped. Just skate on down towards Firestone and the banks are just right there under the road.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2023, 08:24:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Last time I went I parked in that park on the other side of the ditch. If you park there, right when you get into the ditch is also the little kicker over gap that Lutzka frontside 360 kickflipped. Just skate on down towards Firestone and the banks are just right there under the road.

The Sherwin Williams parking lot? Anyways, I’ll find somewhere to park. Thanks!