Author Topic: Warranty experiences  (Read 2834 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
Warranty experiences
« on: March 11, 2021, 09:16:38 AM »
I'm waiting on my thunder replacement since October 2020 and I'm getting salty enough to make this thread.

Here's the timeline:
September 2020: I fill out the warranty form on thunders website.
October 2020: They want some pics as proof, they get it and tell me I'm put on the replacement list.
January 2021: I'm asking what's going on, they tell me my package was either stolen or never sent. Now they'll send a new one
March 2021: I'm writing this.

Anyone experienced the same?

My only other warranty experience was with theeve trucks, they actually sent me new trucks including lots of free stuff after about a month.

Shalom

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
Re: Warranty experiences
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 09:40:44 AM »
Did you check in with them to see what was up? My guess is that with Covid things have been backed up a lot and your issue might have slipped through the crack. Might be good to email them again and ask what’s up. In the past, Deluxe has had outstanding customer service.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 09:47:28 AM »
All I can say is my warranty experiences with NHS were successful but not smooth.

And with DLX they have been exceptional, easy and quick.

Diocletian

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 10:32:29 AM »
I've broken 3-4 Ace baseplates at the pivot from slappies and bent a couple hangers. Jon always emailed me back quickly and sent stuff out within a week along with free stickers.

DLX has sent me warrantied boards and trucks. One time sent me a free set of trucks just because I inquired to see if I could buy forged baseplates only. They ended up sending me trucks that were cast baseplate and hanger but it was free and overly kind of them, I passed them along to someone in need. DLX rules, they will get you your stuff just follow up again.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 10:44:02 AM »
Did you check in with them to see what was up? My guess is that with Covid things have been backed up a lot and your issue might have slipped through the crack. Might be good to email them again and ask what’s up. In the past, Deluxe has had outstanding customer service.

Yeah that's what I did in january. Shit happens and it's all good. But seems like it's happening again now. I'll try to reach out to them one more time before possibly buying aces.

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 10:59:45 AM »
DLX is usually really good from my experience, Venture sent me free hangars no questions asked when I emailed them about having stripped axles.

Like other said just keep emailing them or maybe this is a sign to move on to greener pastures (Ace)

Also whats wrong with your thunders?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 11:23:34 AM »
I've broken 3-4 Ace baseplates at the pivot from slappies and bent a couple hangers. Jon always emailed me back quickly and sent stuff out within a week along with free stickers.

Want to echo that Ace has amazing customer service. Super cool, no BS in dealing with warranty issues.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 11:28:11 AM »
I used the warranty on a set of a pair of Bones Super Reds that got destroyed in a month. At first they said they couldn't help, then I reminded them that there was a warranty for the bearings and they mailed me replacement bearing cages and a sticker, even though I was still missing some bearings from the broken cages and a couple of shields.

I ended up just buying some Bronson G3s from the skate shop which broke in the same amount of time (though being a lot faster when I first got them). Same shit. Destroyed bearing cage and missing bearings. I talked to the shop owner who was bummed about how quickly the Bronsons broke and said the Indy guys are pretty good about backing their products. I went back in a month later and he said they wouldn't back the product.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:53:59 AM by yourfuckingdad »

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 11:42:24 AM »
Also whats wrong with your thunders?

The hanger part that goes into the pivot cup was completely fucked from the start, it has sharp edges that destroy the pivot cup after 1-2 sessions.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 12:41:03 PM »
Just email Jim T. He got my back whenever I had a lengthy questionnaire for him and all the flaws with all the different trucks.

NHS and Indy were cocksuckers about warranty so in summation DLXSF are prompt just give them time.
Dueces Bitch's

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 12:41:20 PM »
I got some spitfires early last year, and one session and a big chunk of a wheel chipped off. Emailed DLX about it and in the same day they responded back to me and had me send a photo of the wheels and a reciept of purchase for them. 1 week later i got 2 sets of replacement wheels in the mail with a hand wrote note from DLX. Did you actually buy the trucks and have a receipt for them? DLX isnt the type to just blow people off for stuff like that....

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 01:20:55 PM »
Did you actually buy the trucks and have a receipt for them? DLX isnt the type to just blow people off for stuff like that....

Yeah and they immediately put me on the replacement list. Was really happy about that. It's just that nothing happened since then.
The main problem is probably that I'm in europe. First they said I'm going to receive a package from a german distributor but that never happened. Now they said I'm getting a package straight from the US. But that should have arrived long ago as well. I'm just gonna keep asking for updates. The customer service you guys got actually sounds awesome.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 01:48:36 PM »
Just email Jim T. He got my back whenever I had a lengthy questionnaire for him and all the flaws with all the different trucks.

NHS and Indy were cocksuckers about warranty so in summation DLXSF are prompt just give them time.

What was your bad experience with NHS/Indy warranty?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 02:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What was your bad experience with NHS/Indy warranty?
had a pair of indy's break around axles and it was a colossal to get them replaced.
Dueces Bitch's

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 03:10:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Did you actually buy the trucks and have a receipt for them? DLX isnt the type to just blow people off for stuff like that....
[close]

Yeah and they immediately put me on the replacement list. Was really happy about that. It's just that nothing happened since then.
The main problem is probably that I'm in europe. First they said I'm going to receive a package from a german distributor but that never happened. Now they said I'm getting a package straight from the US. But that should have arrived long ago as well. I'm just gonna keep asking for updates. The customer service you guys got actually sounds awesome.

Oh Gotcha. Being in Europe may be why it's taking a bit longer, especially if they are trying to arrange it with a Distributor out that way. Could be that distributor holding it up and just telling dlx that they actually mailed them to you. The shortage of hard goods not long ago probably played a part in that too. Hopefully you will get your new pair soon!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 06:26:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Product to most places outside of the US after covid shortages has been minimal, almost zero stock of some sizes and shapes, apart from what has been in production, so if it is of a size they are yet to make more of, then yes you will be waiting a long time for it.

Local distributors should actually be doing the work there, the process usually goes through the local shop where you bought them, they either get a shop credit (as I did for NHS product) or replacement (as has been the case with DLX product), depending on who it is and what their account status is, from the local distribution company, who then gets something from DLX, either replacement stock or credit if there is no stock available to replace the product with.

I would say the issue is not so much with DLX, as they are really good with fixing issues, but if your local distributor is not playing nice with DLX, then of course there are going to be delays or other behind the scenes goings on which cannot be helped.

Most people usually don't wait on replacement parts and have other setups to skate in the mean time, so I would say, sure this is going to happen, but don't hold your breath and get whatever product you want, be it Ace trucks or anything just to have a go with Ace, but also while these things are taking a while to get sorted.

One deck warranty replacement took about two months here in Australia in normal times before covid, which is not unusual if there is no stock in that particular product.  I had already given the guy another board from the shop anyway, which is what a good shop would do in the same situation, but everyone is different.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 06:41:35 PM »
bought paid of thunder 148's and the kingpin stripped before i even skated them. DM'd thunder on IG and they referred me to their website. I submitted a warranty request and never heard back. Sweet

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 06:50:08 PM »
bought paid of thunder 148's and the kingpin stripped before i even skated them. DM'd thunder on IG and they referred me to their website. I submitted a warranty request and never heard back. Sweet

Not doubting you, but how is that even possible?

Pics or other info?

z_tx

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 07:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pics or other info?

i guess stripped isn't the right word, the nut is stuck on the kingpin.changed the bushings to thunder hards after mounting the trucks. stepped on the board and the trucks were too loose, picked the board up to tighten the trucks and the nut was stuck on the kingpin, won't turn or  come off
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:14:52 PM by z_tx »

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 07:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pics or other info?
[close]

i guess stripped isn't the right word, the nut is stuck on the kingpin.changed the bushings to thunder hards after mounting the trucks. stepped on the board and the trucks were too loose, picked the board up to tighten the trucks and the nut was stuck on the kingpin, won't turn or  come off

Sounds like you probably cross threaded the nut

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 07:37:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pics or other info?
[close]

[close]

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Oaf

• Rep: 16
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 08:08:19 PM »
^ Another vote for cross thread.

Skate one treated me well for a set of mini logo wheels that were miscut or miscast.  One would not spin straight in spite of reseating bearings and such.

Replacement was delayed due to covid, but as soon as they got stock in, they overnighted a set of wheels to me in Canada.  They undoubtedly spent more on the shipping than I paid for the wheels.  Prompt communication, and no hassle.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2021, 08:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pics or other info?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Which is not a warranty issue really, it is a "user error" issue.

What did you do with the truck - left untouched, or got some machinery or muscles to get the nut off? *

Again not being a dick, just asking.

* Or take them back to the local shop you bought them at?

z_tx

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2021, 08:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pics or other info?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Which is not a warranty issue really, it is a "user error" issue.

What did you do with the truck - left untouched, or got some machinery or muscles to get the nut off? *

Again not being a dick, just asking.

* Or take them back to the local shop you bought them at?

Yea i get it. I'm pretty strong and couldn't get it to budge, also took them into the shop I bought them at and they couldn't do it either.They are still sitting untouched

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2021, 10:59:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pics or other info?
[close]

[close]

[close]

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2021, 03:55:47 AM »
Destroyed my Bones Roughriders first day on them, they chunked terribly.

Got a hold of Bones, sent them pics, the got ahold of the Distro here in Japan and got me some Crossbones (soft cruisers, but 10x more durable)

No hassle.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -20
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2021, 01:17:45 PM »
Independent was quite rapid at sending me a new pair of trucks(hollows as well instead of the raws i had). Only problem was either their UK distributor or the delivery company fucked up the delivery so i had to wait until they got redelivered at my local. That was in 2019.
This summer i submitted a warranty request to thunder because of a bent axle. Apart from being late in their response they also needed the purchase receipt. I do not think i have asked for a receipt in a store in a long time so there was no chance i would find it so i never replied to them after them asking for it and just bought a new set.
Fast forward today i have somehow bent the axle on the new set and obviously not learning from my mistakes i dont have a receipt. Should i mail them about it even if they wont replace it? I mostly want to let them know that something is wrong. I am 60kg and my knees limit me to skating flat, ledges and curbs so i do not get how i can bend 2 sets of trucks over a year

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2021, 02:36:57 PM »
With indys I sent in the defective trucks to the NHS warranty dept with a lil hand written note explaining the situation, didn’t even email them or call them beforehand at all; got a package back with new trucks a few weeks after. Pretty simple n painless. I’ve heard of others not having the best luck with the NHS warranty dept but my experience with them was good. This was around like 2015 I think.

I emailed skateone in regards to a set of defective bones bushings once; got a response like two weeks later and they told me to email back with my address and they’ll mail me a replacement set. I ended up getting a set of bushings from them that weren’t even in the original packaging, they were in a tied plastic bag, and they looked like they might have been lightly used too. Always thought that was weird. Ended up using em still. This was around 2013 or 2014.

The few times I’ve hit up DLX about defective boards or about flatspotted spits in the past they’ve always messaged back quickly and sent out replacement gear just as quick. DLX definitely was the best when it came to their warranty dept. Haven’t had to hit them up since like 2013 I think.

Hit up Vans about some defective old skools once (soles like peeled and cracked just from walking around in them) and they emailed me like this defective product claim form/questionnaire that I had to fill out and mail back to them. Filled it out and sent it back and ended up getting back some weird Vans old skools in some super flamboyant/flashy colorway that they were obviously gonna put on sale in their outlet stores soon. Can’t remember what the color was but I definitely remember being like “what the hell is this?”. This was around 2011 I think? Maybe later. I remember after that I didn’t skate another pair of Vans again for years.

Hit up soletech once over a pair of emericas where the sole came unglued after just a week of skating. They hit me back up like two weeks later and told me they were sorry for the inconvenience and said if I sent em the defective shoes with the receipt for proof that I bought them they’d replace them. By then the receipt was long gone and I had already tossed the shoes anyways and bought a pair of Cons and had already been skating the Cons for a few sessions, so I just said “fuck it”. This was 2014.

Hit up crailtap a couple times about some defective stuff years ago, never got a response ever.

Those are my warranty stories.
Since like 2016 I’ve pretty much only been skating Baker decks and Vans and F4s or STFs; never had an issue with baker decks ever and Vans stepped their quality back up again so I have had no issues come up with them anymore really and F4s and STFs are pretty much indestructible, so I haven’t had much of a need to hit up companies warranty departments about defective product in the past half decade or so, but to this day if I get something that is defective I have no issues being a total Karen and hitting up companies warranty departments to let ‘em know what’s up, always in a polite manner of course. If I’m paying good money for something it better serve me well dammit.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2021, 05:00:57 PM »
Independent was quite rapid at sending me a new pair of trucks(hollows as well instead of the raws i had). Only problem was either their UK distributor or the delivery company fucked up the delivery so i had to wait until they got redelivered at my local. That was in 2019.
This summer i submitted a warranty request to thunder because of a bent axle. Apart from being late in their response they also needed the purchase receipt. I do not think i have asked for a receipt in a store in a long time so there was no chance i would find it so i never replied to them after them asking for it and just bought a new set.
Fast forward today i have somehow bent the axle on the new set and obviously not learning from my mistakes i dont have a receipt. Should i mail them about it even if they wont replace it? I mostly want to let them know that something is wrong. I am 60kg and my knees limit me to skating flat, ledges and curbs so i do not get how i can bend 2 sets of trucks over a year

Your first stop with any issues with product should be your local shop, or where ever you bought them from.

Take the product back in there, especially if you don't have a receipt and they should take care of the issue and do whatever is needed on your behalf.

So often I see and hear this, but unless you do have the receipt, the gear could be years old (clearly out of warranty) or free from who knows where, or an innocent and genuine issue, for which the local shop has the right path to fixing it.

Things break - that is all part of skateboarding - but if it is still within warranty and not a truck grinded down through the axle or some other silly thing (yes I have seen it all as warranty claims) then they will sort it out, but if you don't follow the correct procedure, then of course you are going to be sitting on your hands and they cannot do anything about it.

Not trying to beat you up, trying to help, so get on down to where ever you bought them and have a good chat about it.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2021, 07:56:03 AM »
In my experiences DLXSF, NHS, ACE, and SkateOne have all replaced my defective parts with top notch customer service.