Author Topic: Warranty experiences  (Read 2839 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
Re: Warranty experiences
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2021, 10:02:03 AM »
I emailed them again after starting this topic, no answer so far. Might hit them up on instagram too.

The person replying to my emails has always been Cameron Ennis btw.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2021, 12:36:57 PM »
In my experiences DLXSF, NHS, ACE, and SkateOne have all replaced my defective parts with top notch customer service.

Same.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2021, 12:58:57 PM »
DLX service is amazing even overseas, I emailed them directly with the problem and the distributor here in Spain sent me a replacement in less than a week. No one asked me for the receipt or anything.

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -20
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2021, 11:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Independent was quite rapid at sending me a new pair of trucks(hollows as well instead of the raws i had). Only problem was either their UK distributor or the delivery company fucked up the delivery so i had to wait until they got redelivered at my local. That was in 2019.
This summer i submitted a warranty request to thunder because of a bent axle. Apart from being late in their response they also needed the purchase receipt. I do not think i have asked for a receipt in a store in a long time so there was no chance i would find it so i never replied to them after them asking for it and just bought a new set.
Fast forward today i have somehow bent the axle on the new set and obviously not learning from my mistakes i dont have a receipt. Should i mail them about it even if they wont replace it? I mostly want to let them know that something is wrong. I am 60kg and my knees limit me to skating flat, ledges and curbs so i do not get how i can bend 2 sets of trucks over a year
[close]

Your first stop with any issues with product should be your local shop, or where ever you bought them from.

Take the product back in there, especially if you don't have a receipt and they should take care of the issue and do whatever is needed on your behalf.

So often I see and hear this, but unless you do have the receipt, the gear could be years old (clearly out of warranty) or free from who knows where, or an innocent and genuine issue, for which the local shop has the right path to fixing it.

Things break - that is all part of skateboarding - but if it is still within warranty and not a truck grinded down through the axle or some other silly thing (yes I have seen it all as warranty claims) then they will sort it out, but if you don't follow the correct procedure, then of course you are going to be sitting on your hands and they cannot do anything about it.

Not trying to beat you up, trying to help, so get on down to where ever you bought them and have a good chat about it.
I know. I am not trying to hit on dlx, their warranty terms are clear. I also am lucky right now to have a job where i can afford a new set up every month if needed.
However what would be the best way of letting them know about defective products if i cant make a warranty claim? Not in the way of complaining, but letting them know about defects that should be addressed in the future

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2021, 12:24:36 PM »
I'm from the US and just had a great experience with Ace's warranty program.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2021, 01:07:32 PM »
ADIDAS: 

Bought a pair of Lucas Premier on super sale direct from Adidas.com for $28 shipped.  Wore them as my non-skating shoes for a couple months while I skated in other shoes.  When I finally did skate them, the adhesive that held the bottom sole to the sides of the sole gave out within a few sessions. The glue was super dry and they just peeled back.   I contacted support.  First time through they said they would send a return label, but it didn't show up.  Called again a couple weeks later and got a return label.  Shipped back and 4 weeks later received a $40 credit to their website.   Ordered Busenitz Pro on sale for $40 because the replacement Lucas was $75.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2021, 02:03:35 PM »
Not quite skating but i warrantied my arbor snowboard and they replaced it with a new board no charge.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2021, 04:11:21 PM »
Echoing everything else here. Deluxe has always been great for me, and Jim has been nothing but helpful in the past.

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2021, 05:31:22 PM »
sent a email to NHS inquiring about 2 broken crowns in a set of indy blacks (less then a month of skating) - still haven't responded, i sent another email out and see if they respond..

i run them shielded, washers, speed rings - and minimal play without any hard landings so..
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2021, 05:47:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Independent was quite rapid at sending me a new pair of trucks(hollows as well instead of the raws i had). Only problem was either their UK distributor or the delivery company fucked up the delivery so i had to wait until they got redelivered at my local. That was in 2019.
This summer i submitted a warranty request to thunder because of a bent axle. Apart from being late in their response they also needed the purchase receipt. I do not think i have asked for a receipt in a store in a long time so there was no chance i would find it so i never replied to them after them asking for it and just bought a new set.
Fast forward today i have somehow bent the axle on the new set and obviously not learning from my mistakes i dont have a receipt. Should i mail them about it even if they wont replace it? I mostly want to let them know that something is wrong. I am 60kg and my knees limit me to skating flat, ledges and curbs so i do not get how i can bend 2 sets of trucks over a year
[close]

Your first stop with any issues with product should be your local shop, or where ever you bought them from.

Take the product back in there, especially if you don't have a receipt and they should take care of the issue and do whatever is needed on your behalf.

So often I see and hear this, but unless you do have the receipt, the gear could be years old (clearly out of warranty) or free from who knows where, or an innocent and genuine issue, for which the local shop has the right path to fixing it.

Things break - that is all part of skateboarding - but if it is still within warranty and not a truck grinded down through the axle or some other silly thing (yes I have seen it all as warranty claims) then they will sort it out, but if you don't follow the correct procedure, then of course you are going to be sitting on your hands and they cannot do anything about it.

Not trying to beat you up, trying to help, so get on down to where ever you bought them and have a good chat about it.
[close]
I know. I am not trying to hit on dlx, their warranty terms are clear. I also am lucky right now to have a job where i can afford a new set up every month if needed.
However what would be the best way of letting them know about defective products if i cant make a warranty claim? Not in the way of complaining, but letting them know about defects that should be addressed in the future

Yes, both are on the same page - can you take things back in to your local?  Did you / do you buy over the counter or online?  Not a worry either way, just a lot harder to try to get things sorted from online purchases, but there is always a digital paper trail of purchases too, or even card / bank statements of funds to the skate shop.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2021, 06:41:26 PM »
Once got a pair of Indys from a friend with bent axles. Sent them to NHS no receipt, no problem, nothing. Recently did the same over a king pin issue and they sent me some Joslin’s as a replacement. Buffed the graphic off those.

Never even thought of it for any other component.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2021, 11:09:24 AM »
Finally received my package today, didn't really expect it after all these months.
They sent me hollow lights instead of titanium lights, which I really don't mind at this point. Seems like titanium lights don't even exist anymore.

Beauties:

sketchyrider

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2021, 11:25:54 AM »
a while back some oj minis started cracking on multiple wheels after two really gentle cruise sessions. they sat for a while cause i was in the middle of a move/job switch/breakup. ended up getting them replaced with some clouds instead a year or two later. only "hassle" was the NHS guy trying to tell me they were cruiser wheels when he saw the board in the picture all skated cause it was a leftover deck. overall good experience.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »
Finally received my package today, didn't really expect it after all these months.
They sent me hollow lights instead of titanium lights, which I really don't mind at this point. Seems like titanium lights don't even exist anymore.

Beauties:

Sweet!

Yeah at least they came through, but as mentioned in other threads, there is not a lot of stock besides the team and hollows around since covid and even that is in short supply.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2021, 07:15:36 PM »
Years ago I got some NB# 358 on a store in Prague.
Skated them for like 2 hours and the heel had that classic thing that happens to vulcs usually in one month, that kinda heel falling off the sole (I know my explanation sucks but I'm sure you got the idea)
I went back to the store to complain, they sent them to "technical review" and I had to wait like 10 business days.
When I went back to the shop I got the same shoes with super glue on them...
I complained again and the guy at the store told me that the only thing he could do is to send them back to technical review. I know is not the guy's fault so I told them to not worry and I took the shoes with me.
I was on the NB# IG and I posted on a photo sth like "your customer service fucking sucks" and some guy told me to got him up on DM.
I explained to him everything and he apologized saying it was the store fault for trying to solve the issue by themselves instead of checking directly with NB#.
Long story short this guy asked me for my address (this was a Thursday) and on Monday I got a package from Long Beach to my work office in Prague: a box with 2 pairs of shoes, a bunch of stickers, a hat and the nicest note ever.
After that they won me as a customer for life. Sadly that I couldn't keep buying # since I moved and you can't find them here.
Good thing I'm moving back and there I'll come back to treat my feet with only NB#
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2022, 03:05:06 PM »
Sorry for bump but whats the dlx warranty email? Got some f4s that may be defective. The 'hit us up' section on their website doesn't seem to work.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2022, 03:13:21 PM »
I sent an email to Powell saying how juiced I was on bearings but how bummed I was they D/C’d ditch tech.  George Powell sent me a set of experimental wheels to try, I think they were the beginning of the new softer formula as well as a set of 81b park formulas when they dropped….

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2022, 04:45:08 PM »
I sent Bones an email asking about my Swiss bearings. They’re going really slow and I’ve tried cleaning them a ton. 3/4 wheels weren’t spinning since January which at first I thought was axle slip but when I switched trucks the same thing was going on. They sent an email back telling me to send the bearings to them and if a defect was found they’d send a replacement pair. I haven’t done that yet since I need the bearings to skate.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2022, 05:42:33 PM »
Sorry for bump but whats the dlx warranty email? Got some f4s that may be defective. The 'hit us up' section on their website doesn't seem to work.
[email protected]

Cameron has been the go-to guy for a bit, response times depend on how busy he is.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2022, 11:33:28 AM »
I sent Bones an email asking about my Swiss bearings. They’re going really slow and I’ve tried cleaning them a ton. 3/4 wheels weren’t spinning since January which at first I thought was axle slip but when I switched trucks the same thing was going on. They sent an email back telling me to send the bearings to them and if a defect was found they’d send a replacement pair. I haven’t done that yet since I need the bearings to skate.

I worked on a warranty desk for a minute and this was always standard in order ensure that people aren’t getting warranty claims on the myriad fake Swiss bearings out there, or else just making up whole cloth a defect for a product that they don’t own.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

LebowskisRug

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2022, 02:02:00 PM »
Quantum was great for me. I am likely one of the people they are referencing when they talk about spacer issues. Basically a specific pair of Spitfires didn't fit their spacers, which rattled around OR were too wide. The spacers twisted and broke the race on one of my bearings. They sent me another set, which was slow from the get-go. It had a bit too much lube in it and meanwhile they had changed the cages. I've had that set since then and never had a single issue with the bearings. They sent me replacement shields, stickers, and tons of speed rings as well.

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2022, 02:12:01 PM »
I broke some Independent trucks years ago, I called them and they sent me a full new set, took ages to receive because the address was slightly wrong (possibly my fault).

Also years ago I got some defective shoes from SPOT and the dude that helped me via email was kinda rude and they wouldn't pay shipping to send back the defective shoes to get them replaced so I don't shop SPOT any more.

Whicker

• Rep: 10
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2023, 12:49:34 PM »
Had good warranty experiences with NHS (indy bushing blown out after a day) and skateone (messed up bearing socket) so far. DLX ghosted me after approving and asking for my address. Maybe its cause I am in Canada? Either way was kinda bummed.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2023, 02:03:25 PM »
Just had a great experience with DLXSF. Matt D handled a warranty for some Spitfire 80HDs that wore down in weird way.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2023, 02:47:01 PM »
Had good warranty experiences with NHS (indy bushing blown out after a day) and skateone (messed up bearing socket) so far. DLX ghosted me after approving and asking for my address. Maybe its cause I am in Canada? Either way was kinda bummed.

I wonder if they had actually posted the item, or are getting the local distro there in CA to send it out, which they often do - Supra Distribution I think.

Thinking back others had said they heard nothing after doing the same as you, then things turned up in the mail a week or more later.

Hoping something turns up for you any which way.

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2023, 09:56:45 PM »
In about 2017, When Ace used those smaller 10mm axel nuts, I had a defective axel that wouldn't lock the nut after about a month of skating. The axel nut would spin with zero resistance and loosen up dramatically and every now and then come off. It happened overnight basically and no tap&die set or axel threader would fix it. When I emailed them, they answered within hours and the process was very quick and totally exchanged within a week. They also sent a fuck ton of stickers with it.

OldGrayandMongo

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2023, 10:15:15 PM »
Had great experience with Santa Cruz/NHS on a warranty issue, quick/easy/no hassles.  Had some new Spitfires chunk out massively riding park not doing any slides and shit and never even got a reply from their CS  :-\

Whicker

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2023, 11:22:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wonder if they had actually posted the item, or are getting the local distro there in CA to send it out, which they often do - Supra Distribution I think.

Thinking back others had said they heard nothing after doing the same as you, then things turned up in the mail a week or more later.

Hoping something turns up for you any which way.

That's what I was hoping but this was months ago and 3 follow ups.  :(

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2023, 11:56:48 PM »
So far the only and beat experience ever was with NB#. I have a defective pair years ago and I got a sweet care package in 4 days all the way from Long Beach to Prague. I was beyond stoked.
Recently something similar also happened and they took care of it asap.
Great shoes, awesome team and sick people working in there.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2023, 01:22:32 AM »
So far the only and beat experience ever was with NB#. I have a defective pair years ago and I got a sweet care package in 4 days all the way from Long Beach to Prague. I was beyond stoked.
Recently something similar also happened and they took care of it asap.
Great shoes, awesome team and sick people working in there.

Great experience with NB too and @rothdigga - I had 2 pairs of NB 913 that had the sole come apart within 1 session, dropped him a DM on here and he sent me some replacement 508s.

DLX has typically been good with Spitfire warranties but they can be tough to get a hold of. Had some early batches of 97a wheels that got chipped badly and some Oski Radial Fulls with uneven bearing seats. Sent them a couple of chasers but finally got replacements sent out.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m