Author Topic: Slim Fit Pants  (Read 2837 times)

Live Fast Johnny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
Re: Slim Fit Pants
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2020, 01:22:47 PM »
For slim fit black pants I love these from Target.

https://www.target.com/p/denizen-from-levi-s-men-s-231-athletic-fit-taper-jeans/-/A-54551692?preselect=53266338#lnk=sametab

They have a higher percentage of cotton than most of the Volcom ones do and breathe quite a bit better.  They're my favorite motorcycle pants (love the hidden thigh pocket for phone, map or tools) but have enough stretch to also work really well for skating.  They are also really durable for price.  I usually get almost 2 years out of them wearing them 3 days a week in pretty rough conditions.

Speedway

• Rep: 110
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 04:38:12 PM »
I’ve worn the skate Levi’s 511s religiously for nearly five years. The ‘Caviar Bull’ colourway are the perfect slim black pants. They’re pretty stiff at first, not because they’re slim but I’m pretty sure because they’re coated in something (or maybe it’s just the fabric blend) to make them more durable. It also means you can iron creases into them and the cuffs stay totally put. I’ve given every pair an absolute beating before retiring them and they’ve always held up for at least a year-plus (and that’s skating in them around 3/4 times a week and slamming more than I’d care to mention). Also as they wear in/get scuffed/fade over time in places the fabric goes a bluey-black rather than that faded rust colour you get with some black clothes.

Uniqlo Kando trousers are good for a well priced and super lightweight trouser.

I’ve got a pair of Ted Baker pants which are dope for formal occasions/non-skate activities. Also a good slim fit but I wouldn’t skate them unless I picked up a pair on sale.

Recently got the Former Discord pants. Great construction and attention to detail. Former stuff might be quite expensive but at the quality matches the tag. (That said the price of their tees is banging to say they’re cut and sow.) Need to get them properly tailored though because the legs are really long, I’d say at least 34” and it might be the same leg length no matter which waist size you order.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:40:30 PM by Speedway »

animalflesh

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 04:51:58 PM »
I wear ASOS slim taper jeans usually just black always, they stretch a lot but don’t have that spandex look

And dockers athletic fit chinos in black or olive green those are my other go to’s

I’ve bought a few pairs of those stupid “jogger” pants and cut the elastic off the bottom then re sewn the cuff... then they’re like high waters with an elastic waist band, I wear them skating

Digital Rasta

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2020, 09:18:23 PM »
I’ve worn the skate Levi’s 511s religiously for nearly five years. The ‘Caviar Bull’ colourway are the perfect slim black pants. They’re pretty stiff at first, not because they’re slim but I’m pretty sure because they’re coated in something (or maybe it’s just the fabric blend) to make them more durable. It also means you can iron creases into them and the cuffs stay totally put. I’ve given every pair an absolute beating before retiring them and they’ve always held up for at least a year-plus (and that’s skating in them around 3/4 times a week and slamming more than I’d care to mention). Also as they wear in/get scuffed/fade over time in places the fabric goes a bluey-black rather than that faded rust colour you get with some black clothes.
I had a pair of black 511s about ten years ago that were damn good pants, they faded bluish like you said and it looked so fuckin sick with heavily skated black suede shoes on

Digital Rasta

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2020, 08:53:21 AM »
Levi's 513, 502, and 501 taper. 

Dickies 874 are too baggy for me; any recommendations for a Dickies cut that fits like a Levi's 513?
How are 502's cut? Never seen a pair in the wild... and I have a soft spot for Dickies 874s but I stopped wearing them due to three reasons: Shit falls out of the pockets, the rise is too high, and they don't look good with cupsole shoes.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2020, 09:00:31 AM »
A lot of love for Volcom in this thread. I hope they recover from this CoVID madness

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2020, 09:52:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Levi's 513, 502, and 501 taper. 

Dickies 874 are too baggy for me; any recommendations for a Dickies cut that fits like a Levi's 513?
[close]
How are 502's cut? Never seen a pair in the wild... and I have a soft spot for Dickies 874s but I stopped wearing them due to three reasons: Shit falls out of the pockets, the rise is too high, and they don't look good with cupsole shoes.

i'm pretty sure they're like 501s with a slight taper.  i mostly wear 502s and 513s and theyre also really similar; 513s have more of a straight leg
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

animalflesh

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »
Dickies 67

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2021, 09:28:54 AM »
Update:

Levi's 501s, slim fit, mid rise, slight taper. Finally found a pair in blue with stretch so I am stoked. Can't skate them though
Levi's 511, super slim fit, low rise, major taper. They're 2% stretch so I can skate in them a little. Not trying any high ollies though

Dockers Alpha Chinos and Ultimate Khakis with 5% stretch. Never had Dockers before last year but they are damn good pants.

Goodfellow Lightweight slim straight denim jeans from Target. Finally a pair of slim jeans that I can skate in: they do not restrict my movement at all AND they stay cool. They also breathe so well that you will be cold as fuck if you try to wear them in the winter. Bought two pairs on clearance for $16. I also got a pair of Goodfellow brown cords that fit well but not stretchy enough to skate.

Beat me to it. I was gonna say Target goodfellow hennepin slim straights. Uniqlo slim chinos were my go-to but they actually got way tighter. Target ones fit better and are cheaper. Try 'em on in store if you can though, cause the sizing seems to vary from pair to pair at times.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »
I never see anyone skate dockers. Shame, their pants are so good for skating.

TimmyB88

• Rep: -11
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2021, 10:16:02 AM »
For slim fit black pants I love these from Target.

https://www.target.com/p/denizen-from-levi-s-men-s-231-athletic-fit-taper-jeans/-/A-54551692?preselect=53266338#lnk=sametab

They have a higher percentage of cotton than most of the Volcom ones do and breathe quite a bit better.  They're my favorite motorcycle pants (love the hidden thigh pocket for phone, map or tools) but have enough stretch to also work really well for skating.  They are also really durable for price.  I usually get almost 2 years out of them wearing them 3 days a week in pretty rough conditions.

X2 Altough for me they are not really slim, but they give great room in the hip and thigh area.
I always stack up on the black ones. They are priced good, tough, and stretch really well for skating. I also wear them to work everyday. Im hoping to see navy and brown colors one day..