Author Topic: How to ollie/air over spine. Any tips?  (Read 265 times)

Bugsytootsie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
How to ollie/air over spine. Any tips?
« on: March 13, 2021, 05:46:15 PM »
Hey slap pals. I've been really enjoying skating transition lately after skating mainly flatground, ledges and flatbars for years. I'm fairly comfortable with the basic stalls grinds and just feeling of transition in general. I'm not quite sure how much of the same mechanics are required to take from a normal ollie on flat or how to adjust getting air over a spine and transferring back in on the opposite side. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
Re: How to ollie/air over spine. Any tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 07:50:28 PM »
I could do them decently for a while but am now too chicken to do them on anything except tiny stuff.

I never hit my tail on them, just bonk the coping, suck up your legs and float over. Do a whole bunch of spine transfers to tail to get comfortable with the feeling of going over. Eventually you try going faster and launching over, and then eventually you commit and stay on your board. When you actually do it, itís not much different mechanically than pumping a pump bump. Itís really a commitment trick as opposed to something that takes a lot of finesse. Some people find it easier to grab but I can barely touch my toes.

Bugsytootsie

• Rep: -6
Re: How to ollie/air over spine. Any tips?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 08:34:02 PM »
That makes sense! Thank you so much for the tips. I really appreciate it 🙏🏾