Author Topic: Headaches  (Read 874 times)

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
Headaches
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:48:04 PM »
My sessions mostly end with terrible headaches.
Anyone have similar experiences or any tips how to prevent that?
IG: @flowterspace

phlap

• Rep: 6
Re: Headaches
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 01:25:38 PM »
Dehydration?
-Summer of George-

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 01:51:10 PM »
That ain’t good.  Only when you skate? 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Fhk

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 01:55:18 PM »
I think everything but my head hurts after a session.  ;) Are you drinking enough water bud?

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 31
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 02:01:55 PM »
Like others said before I would guess dehydration as well. You could be missing electrolytes like magnesium etc. Dehydrated heavily as a young grom one time and it was really awful. Other reasons might be some muscular tension in the shoulders, neck and yaw. I had some issues after skating "hard" after a whole day in front of a desk without starting slowly enough. Again this might be correlated with dehydration. Dehydration really fucks one up.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 12:11:57 AM »
That ain’t good.  Only when you skate?

No, not only when I skate. Even when I work for 4 hours.
I was born with a auditory perception disorder, so I always make sure to drink at least 2,5 litres water. A lot of concentration is needed when I skate, because that shit is insanely hard for me. But muscular tension, especially in the neck makes sense. Thanks pals, love ya all.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 09:28:13 AM »
Used to get migraines every few weeks- prob stress related. Acupuncture helped me a lot.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 12:03:44 PM »
recommend seeing a doctor. gl.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 06:15:20 PM »
My sessions mostly end with terrible headaches.
Anyone have similar experiences or any tips how to prevent that?

there's studies being done regarding the efficacy of LSD and psilocybin as treatment for cluster headaches and migraines

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03781128

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/psilocybin-migraine-psychedelic-clinical-trial-promising-results/

this are just a couple links, but as someone who has dated a person with severe headache issues (and who also believes that mushrooms can do wonderful work including neurogenesis), i find it of interest.

Also, I'm thinking about your auditory condition and, seeing as ENT are connected, I'm wondering if you're clenching your teeth/jaw while skating or doing other activities? TMJ fucks people up. cranial sacral therapy is a type of bodywork that relieves compression and pressure from the sacrum (low back), spine, and bones of the head. Homie, if you can find a skilled practitioner it could be a game changer. Cranial osteopathy is something else I'm interested in trying. Best of luck amigo
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 07:16:57 PM »
i just had something similar that was a dull pain by my right eyebrow and it would be aggravated by skating/jumping around. turns out i had a little sinus infection from spring time allergies filling me up. its probably dehydration but i thought this could help

mushrooms and acid wont hurt either tho

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 10:55:33 AM »
Maybe you are pushing yourself too hard and your body is not ready for that. Skate less time per session than you do and see if it helps

When I got back to skating I would get horrible headaches aswell and I figured out I was skating too much and my body wasn't used to that anymore. Now that I got back skating regularly the headaches are gone.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 07:45:04 AM »
For me, its mostly dehydration, skating to long without breaks and the weather.
Season changing is also a hard time for me because the air is full of pollen dust. At least where I live.
CBD oil 15% always helps for me and yea.. taking a break eat a banana and drink a lot water.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 08:00:20 AM »
How old are you?

I noticed I started to get dizzy real easily skating mini ramps in my late 30s. As you get older your equilibrium changes. Maybe something similar is happening to you.

Keep a journal if it’s not apparent when the headaches come on. Maybe certain spots or tricks make you sick.

I’d like to hear from you again in a month. Keep us posted.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2021, 01:43:19 PM »
How old are you?

I noticed I started to get dizzy real easily skating mini ramps in my late 30s. As you get older your equilibrium changes. Maybe something similar is happening to you.

Keep a journal if it’s not apparent when the headaches come on. Maybe certain spots or tricks make you sick.

I’d like to hear from you again in a month. Keep us posted.

I am 30.

It got better with the headaches. A lot of water, breaks, banana and candy help too. We will see how it will be this weekend when it gets warmer again.

And spots with a lot of people around.. Well that stresses me and I feel a tension in my neck and shoulders. I still prefer my solo sessions at Ikea garage over any skatepark. I am a bit socially awkward.

But thanks ya all pals. Much love.