Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 370120 times)

animalflesh

Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1980 on: January 02, 2024, 11:26:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Re post from 9 inch deck thread

I just got run over by a car while bombing a hill. I was for 3 weeks in the hospital asleep for 2. Anyway it was a perfect moment to set up this Krooked board that I bought since 2022 with @Freelancevagrant at Austin. The only thing is that I got to take the wheel at the front since it got all the way there while being run by the car.

Krooked 9.25 Drehobl deck.
Thunder 161 with 94a Indy bushings
Powell Dragons 56mm 93a
Random bearings
1 inch Shortys Hardware
Shake Junt riser pad
[close]

Jesus, Mate... glad you're alive... Tell us more about that accident...
[close]

Thanks dude! @Frank and Fred
What happened was that I had been filming all day and we were over so I wanted to go to my car to get my jacket. I bombed a hill that I bombed every day I was there. I don't remember anything what happened but I was told by my friends and later on the doctors. The hill passes by a 4 lane intersection where the other ones have to pass a stop sign so they can go through it. This car went right through without stopping and ran me over. I laid unconscious for a bit and returned walking to the skate shop walking. My friends asked me what had happened and I had trouble talking clearly with people and eventually threw up blodd all over my sshirt. They called an ambulance and I refused to get in. They later took me to the hospital in my car to meet up with my family.

That night (and next morning) I was operated where they opened my cranium in 5 different places to remove the blood clots that had formed in my brain. I stayed in a Coma for 2 weeks and then all of the sudden I regained conscious and had felt I had woken up from a short nap and told them to let me leave. They told me what they had done with me (open cranium, tracheotomy and other shit) so I had to wait up. I also was talking getting stuck a lot so I had to wait to improve. A week passed and I felt great, the doctor refused but saw I had progressed a lot and he told me a miracle had happened because he thought I was gonna die.

He let me sign some papers and get out. He told me that I had to wait a couple of months to drive again and not to skate again ever. Right now my family drives me around or an uber but I can drive no problem. I told him that I understood the deep shit that happened because of the accident but I told that I had been skating for 18 years and had broken some parts and shit but this was the only time I had something this gnar happen and I wouldnt quit skating because of it. Ive been skating flat in my room (my legs are missing some strength but its getting better each time)and have went out to shoot photos and film some of my friends. He told me that he couldnt force me to quit but its what he'd recommend. I understand what happened but he doesn't understand the benefits of skating for me and everyone in general and the passion that skating moves in me. He and the other doctors told me that I'd get back to 100% fine in a few months miraculously,  since he thought I was gonna die or become paralyzed.

Anyways, I reset the filmer board that got fucked with the Krooked board, I just need to remove the front wheel from the truck so it. works 100% but I have my regular board working like usual so it's what I'm skating now. Thanks for asking buddy! Sharing this makes me get these thoughts out of my body.

Life is a delicate thing

Glad you’re ok man

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #1981 on: January 03, 2024, 07:47:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I just got run over by a car while bombing a hill. I was for 3 weeks in the hospital asleep for 2. Anyway it was a perfect moment to set up this Krooked board that I bought since 2022 with @Freelancevagrant at Austin. The only thing is that I got to take the wheel at the front since it got all the way there while being run by the car.

Powell Dragons 56mm 93a
Random bearings
1 inch Shortys Hardware
Shake Junt riser pad
[close]

[close]

What happened was that I had been filming all day and we were over so I wanted to go to my car to get my jacket. I bombed a hill that I bombed every day I was there. I don't remember anything what happened but I was told by my friends and later on the doctors. The hill passes by a 4 lane intersection where the other ones have to pass a stop sign so they can go through it. This car went right through without stopping and ran me over. I laid unconscious for a bit and returned walking to the skate shop walking. My friends asked me what had happened and I had trouble talking clearly with people and eventually threw up blodd all over my sshirt. They called an ambulance and I refused to get in. They later took me to the hospital in my car to meet up with my family.

That night (and next morning) I was operated where they opened my cranium in 5 different places to remove the blood clots that had formed in my brain. I stayed in a Coma for 2 weeks and then all of the sudden I regained conscious and had felt I had woken up from a short nap and told them to let me leave. They told me what they had done with me (open cranium, tracheotomy and other shit) so I had to wait up. I also was talking getting stuck a lot so I had to wait to improve. A week passed and I felt great, the doctor refused but saw I had progressed a lot and he told me a miracle had happened because he thought I was gonna die.

He let me sign some papers and get out. He told me that I had to wait a couple of months to drive again and not to skate again ever. Right now my family drives me around or an uber but I can drive no problem. I told him that I understood the deep shit that happened because of the accident but I told that I had been skating for 18 years and had broken some parts and shit but this was the only time I had something this gnar happen and I wouldnt quit skating because of it. Ive been skating flat in my room (my legs are missing some strength but its getting better each time)and have went out to shoot photos and film some of my friends. He told me that he couldnt force me to quit but its what he'd recommend. I understand what happened but he doesn't understand the benefits of skating for me and everyone in general and the passion that skating moves in me. He and the other doctors told me that I'd get back to 100% fine in a few months miraculously,  since he thought I was gonna die or become paralyzed.

Anyways, I reset the filmer board that got fucked with the Krooked board, I just need to remove the front wheel from the truck so it. works 100% but I have my regular board working like usual so it's what I'm skating now. Thanks for asking buddy! Sharing this makes me get these thoughts out of my body.

Super fucked up and scary man

Wishing you a good recovery

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1982 on: January 03, 2024, 08:40:37 AM »

madness 9.5 deck
indy 149's
oj juper juice x moon eyes collab
darkroom bearings i had laying around
good come sausage

pops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1983 on: January 03, 2024, 09:36:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Powell Dragons 56mm 93a
Random bearings
1 inch Shortys Hardware
Shake Junt riser pad
[close]

[close]

[close]

Super fucked up and scary man

Wishing you a good recovery

That's so horrific to read, man. I'm glad your're alright and recovering.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #1984 on: January 04, 2024, 07:07:20 PM »
Appreciate the responses guys. For reference this is in Colorado, about half bike path, half sidewalk/road.

The hills aren't very steep, but they are big enough to get going faster than run-out speed, which is why being able to slide/speed-check is important to me.

The 56 and 58 conical Dragons seem too skinny. The 60 Rat Bones would probably be great, but I don't like the shape.

Tempted by some 58 97a Radial Fulls...

Not sure if you were aware or not (I hate how they list the measurents for the Powell-branded wheels; I wish they’d just list the Bones shape equivalent ffs), but the 56mm Dragons are actually a bit wider than the 58s. They’re more like the V6/Wide shape than a Sidecut or Conical. They’re no radial full, but I also think the Dragon urethane is much more suited to a cruiser setup than the F4/97A personally.

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1985 on: January 05, 2024, 12:58:40 AM »

I just got run over by a car while bombing a hill.
Glad you aren't dead!

madness 9.5 deck
indy 149's

Love this. I had a Dane1 setup like that before putting wider trucks and 54mm wheels on it. Skated it 3 times since then so I think I'm going back to having it like this.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #1986 on: January 11, 2024, 11:38:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Yep. The “reformulated” ones.
[close]

That’s a bummer. I haven’t used my 80HDs yet, but maybe I’ll save them for the winter now.

Quick update but my 80Hd replacements have been great. I recommend breaking them in before going to crazy on them. I do the same thing with hard wheels also. Push around some rough streets, bomb a hill or two. All wheels seem more vulnerable when they are brand new.

Anyway... 80Hds are super fun if you want a cruiser wheel that performs a bit more like hard wheel (Not in  Dragons, slidablity type of way).

You can smash into curbs on these without worrying about crazy bouncy rebound.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #1987 on: January 13, 2024, 07:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yep. The “reformulated” ones.
[close]

That’s a bummer. I haven’t used my 80HDs yet, but maybe I’ll save them for the winter now.

[close]

Quick update but my 80Hd replacements have been great. I recommend breaking them in before going to crazy on them. I do the same thing with hard wheels also. Push around some rough streets, bomb a hill or two. All wheels seem more vulnerable when they are brand new.

Anyway... 80Hds are super fun if you want a cruiser wheel that performs a bit more like hard wheel (Not in  Dragons, slidablity type of way).

You can smash into curbs on these without worrying about crazy bouncy rebound.

Nice. If the rain ever stops this winter, I’m definitely going to start riding these to the office. I’m just excited to have a cruiser wheel in a real shape for once. I love the Hot Juices, but these Portland streets can really chunk up those retro-style shapes.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #1988 on: January 21, 2024, 08:45:19 PM »
Had to scratch this itch for the krod shaped deck, got the smaller 8” size, and also had to get smaller trucks since I only have 8.5 and up, so I went full frenchy and snagged some Touz
V-light 5.2HIs - initial cruise with the sml 52mm 92a’s and some Swiss was zippy and satisfying.

Anxiety

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1989 on: February 11, 2024, 04:15:10 PM »
Bank mauler is an underrated deck

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #1990 on: February 11, 2024, 04:20:51 PM »
You think the Bank Mauler would be good on pump tracks?

Anxiety

« Reply #1991 on: February 11, 2024, 04:23:11 PM »
Me? 100%

it’s the perfect width with a tiny bit of flex

best pump track board since the ggi quadroplane

knuckledeep

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1992 on: March 01, 2024, 03:09:20 PM »

madness 9.5 deck
indy 149's

How do you like 149's on a 9.5?

Coldpizza

• Rep: 164
« Reply #1993 on: March 06, 2024, 01:44:19 PM »
Had to scratch this itch for the krod shaped deck, got the smaller 8” size, and also had to get smaller trucks since I only have 8.5 and up, so I went full frenchy and snagged some Touz
V-light 5.2HIs - initial cruise with the sml 52mm 92a’s and some Swiss was zippy and satisfying.

Very sick. How does that board feel under foot??
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #1994 on: March 06, 2024, 09:00:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Very sick. How does that board feel under foot??

to be fair I've only bombed some hills and cruised to 7-11 on it a few times in some vans canvas authentics which keep my tricks to a minimum. glad i got the smaller size  though, it feels nimble but long too which i prefer.  I think side wings go to 9" which are kinda crazy to look down on. I can ollie it no problem Steep nose and tail per FA/Hockey. might bring it to my curb some day because it has a beautiful green bottom ply that I want slide off a bit. but 8" trucks venture especially are very foreign to me.

edit: thing is totally phallic and looks like a lumpy penis on both ends.

Anxiety

« Reply #1995 on: March 21, 2024, 10:51:38 AM »
Sorta cruiser sorta curb board

Vision
Ace 44
1/4 riser
60mm 95a slimeballs

pops

• Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1996 on: March 21, 2024, 11:12:28 AM »
Expand Quote

I just got run over by a car while bombing a hill.
[close]
Glad you aren't dead!

Expand Quote

madness 9.5 deck
indy 149's
[close]

Love this. I had a Dane1 setup like that before putting wider trucks and 54mm wheels on it. Skated it 3 times since then so I think I'm going back to having it like this.

My favorite combo was Dane1, 8.5" trucks and Super Juices. I would use that setup the most. Sadly the OJs didnt last more than couple months after exploding. I wouldnt ride anything else.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1997 on: March 21, 2024, 06:04:00 PM »

Vision
Ace 44
1/4 riser
60mm 95a slimeballs

Is that a Jinx deck?

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #1998 on: March 22, 2024, 01:03:12 AM »
Expand Quote

Vision
Ace 44
1/4 riser
60mm 95a slimeballs
[close]

Is that a Jinx deck?

it's his graphic for sure.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1999 on: March 22, 2024, 02:17:07 AM »

I fucked up my ankle while trekking so I setup this with stuff I had lying around so I can do some pushing

Player "Egg" 8.75 14wb
Jessup I think
1" diamond Allen that I hate
AF-1 44
X99 V5 53mm
G3 (ew)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 02:33:59 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Anxiety

« Reply #2000 on: March 22, 2024, 04:10:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Vision
Ace 44
1/4 riser
60mm 95a slimeballs
[close]

Is that a Jinx deck?
[close]

it's his graphic for sure.

Yeah it’s a jinx

They did some “horror series” last Halloween which was a bunch of their gnarlier graphics on coffin shapes

biaherl

• Rep: 263
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #2001 on: March 30, 2024, 08:00:22 PM »
Here's my new WSVT cruiser.

Sci-Fi board
Sci-Fi wheels
Ace AF1 66
Quantum Skate Shop Day Bearings
Mob Lurking Class Grip
Thunder 7/8s hardware

hiljentaa

• Rep: 306
« Reply #2002 on: April 13, 2024, 11:26:46 AM »

Hike up to fun descent down Castle Creek today.

Baker OG 8.38
Indy 144 Ti w/ Bones hard
Spitfire Radial 93a 58mm
Pepper grip, Titanium 7/8 Allen w/ low nuts, fancy ceramic bearings.

Very hyped on these 93s so far. They fit my use perfectly. Long pushes, spot exploration, transport but I want to be able to skate em too, sometimes.

They've slid and pinched grinded on metal for me, they sound like a skateboard wheel. Not too bouncy. I dunno, other people have talked about em. They're good. Try em if yr interested.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 11:44:23 AM by hiljentaa »

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #2003 on: April 13, 2024, 11:58:56 AM »

Chico stix big boy 9 (love this shape), royal 8.75s and oj super juices. Such a fun set up