Author Topic: New Krooked Beamer 'Evil Bird'  (Read 11775 times)

BALARGUE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Re: New Krooked Beamer 'Evil Bird'
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2023, 05:08:49 AM »
ahah i was just checking the tracking and saw it landed ;).
fingers crossed for the weather
thanks for your support

sbr

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2023, 08:46:10 AM »

The warp/twist on my first one got a bit too exaggerated for me to want to deal with, but it got me through just about 7 weeks as my sole setup. I normally go through a board a month, so I can't be mad at that lol. Everything else is otherwise the same as the last one...
  • Bird Beamer
  • Jessup Ultra
  • Ace 1" Allen & 1/8" risers
  • AF1 80's
  • F4 99a Gonz Conical Full 58's
  • Swiss
Small man, big board...
IG: s.b.r_

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2207
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2023, 10:26:29 PM »
@sbr
The more I think about it, the more I love that you treated yourself to a "pack" of these things.
The stoke you seem to take while enjoying them is palpable through the screen & I, for one, am here for it.
Can't say I see myself on a Beemer, but watching dudes like you, @doomstation55, @BartHarleyJarvis, and these other bouls out here making these tugboats act & perform like regular bloards is pretty GD joy inducing.   

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2023, 06:04:06 AM »

The warp/twist on my first one got a bit too exaggerated for me to want to deal with, but it got me through just about 7 weeks as my sole setup. I normally go through a board a month, so I can't be mad at that lol. Everything else is otherwise the same as the last one...
  • Bird Beamer
  • Jessup Ultra
  • Ace 1" Allen & 1/8" risers
  • AF1 80's
  • F4 99a Gonz Conical Full 58's
  • Swiss

Loving that grip job.  So simple and clean.

sbr

« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2023, 08:43:15 AM »
@sbr
The more I think about it, the more I love that you treated yourself to a "pack" of these things.
The stoke you seem to take while enjoying them is palpable through the screen & I, for one, am here for it.
Can't say I see myself on a Beemer, but watching dudes like you, @doomstation55, @BartHarleyJarvis, and these other bouls out here making these tugboats act & perform like regular bloards is pretty GD joy inducing.

Considering I'm on the smaller side, I'm not even sure why this thing feels "normal" to me... but it works and I enjoy it more than anything I've been on in years. The only downside to it was I replaced my setup madness with the stress of having to hoard decks to make sure I can continue to keep the stoke going lol

Loving that grip job.  So simple and clean.

Cheers! I can't stand looking at a plain black sheet, but at the same time, I get annoyed looking down at something that is too over complicated. A few lines to show the top stain keeps me happy lol
Small man, big board...

G_Money

• Rep: 12
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2023, 05:10:40 PM »
Alright here’s my Beamer - as much as I dislike Christmas completes I decided to all fresh on it. Ended picking up the 80s.

I dig the Bisco Beamer. I also checked out your YouTube edit. The last time I got to skate the Denver park I was out there to the Biscuits at Red Rocks. That park is a blast.

This thing is huge, feels like it’s towering over my other big boys (a heroin curb crusher and another 10” cruiser board)

Excited to skate it!

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2023, 07:09:10 AM »
Any experience with Indy Stage 4 166 on the beamer ?
It might be too small ?

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2023, 10:59:14 AM »
It might be too small ?

no exp. but would need offset wheels like the new Ryan Lee Spitfires, Ratbones, Superjuices or something imo. ACE 77's can get away with just really wide wheels.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2023, 02:31:42 PM »
Expand Quote
It might be too small ?
[close]

no exp. but would need offset wheels like the new Ryan Lee Spitfires, Ratbones, Superjuices or something imo. ACE 77's can get away with just really wide wheels.

I wonder if Powell Mini Cubic wheels would work there?

Used those quite a few times with trucks that sat well inside the board to good effect, so I am guessing they would also look the part - trucks and wheels almost match for the era and look of the setup.  Might need some risers too for how big those wheels are.

On a Beamer, I guess anything is possible if you want it to be so.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2023, 03:27:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It might be too small ?
[close]

[close]

I wonder if Powell Mini Cubic wheels would work there?

Used those quite a few times with trucks that sat well inside the board to good effect, so I am guessing they would also look the part - trucks and wheels almost match for the era and look of the setup.  Might need some risers too for how big those wheels are.

On a Beamer, I guess anything is possible if you want it to be so.

yup, those and Andy's new wheel.

sbr

« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2023, 09:29:34 AM »
It might be too small ?

Stage 4 166's would equate to doing an AF1 66 (it's a 9" axle), so they'll be way too small in my opinion... An Indy 169 is slightly wider at 9.125" and also looks visually off and I'd imagine anything under a 9.5" truck would have weird edge leverage.

AF1 77's will work with wider wheels to not fully hoverboard, but even a 10" axle (AF1 80 / Indy 215") doesn't fully reach the edge of the board over the back truck since the board doesn't taper much in the back.

Luckily I had this screenshot still sitting in a text exchange with a friend of mine where we were talking about how bizarre smaller trucks look on a Beamer (this was a story Tia posted of Gonz' board at the airport and he oddly had 166's on it).

Small man, big board...

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2023, 02:16:51 PM »
Expand Quote
It might be too small ?
[close]

Stage 4 166's would equate to doing an AF1 66 (it's a 9" axle), so they'll be way too small in my opinion... An Indy 169 is slightly wider at 9.125" and also looks visually off and I'd imagine anything under a 9.5" truck would have weird edge leverage.

AF1 77's will work with wider wheels to not fully hoverboard, but even a 10" axle (AF1 80 / Indy 215") doesn't fully reach the edge of the board over the back truck since the board doesn't taper much in the back.

Luckily I had this screenshot still sitting in a text exchange with a friend of mine where we were talking about how bizarre smaller trucks look on a Beamer (this was a story Tia posted of Gonz' board at the airport and he oddly had 166's on it).

Ha yeah they do look funny.

That is why I had thought if you were going to go that size truck, something like Mini Cubics would work well, as per other boards I have set up with those wheels on them, as they add a full inch or more to the total truck width, eg these are Ace 33s on this 9.25 board, which would translate well for 9" trucks on the Beamers with the same wheels.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2023, 07:12:44 AM »
Thanks guys,
a customer is about to set his beamer up and already own a pair of 166s hence my question.
At first, I was feeling it might be too small and I wanted to have your feedback to give him a better answer.

And that's where mbrinson answer is interesting because he wants to use nano cubics on it.
With the offset, it seems it could work.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2023, 02:55:43 PM »
Thanks guys,
a customer is about to set his beamer up and already own a pair of 166s hence my question.
At first, I was feeling it might be too small and I wanted to have your feedback to give him a better answer.

And that's where mbrinson answer is interesting because he wants to use nano cubics on it.

I should have noted, those big ass wheels are not for everyone, but something more normal should still skate fine too.

Curious to see any pics of the setup, but I know that is not always possible, so good luck any which way.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2023, 09:54:07 PM »
Thanks guys,

I've been thinking about this exact set up so would like to see a pic if you can wrangle it!

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2023, 04:48:53 AM »
I should be able to get a picture ;)
beginning of January
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 08:09:35 AM by BALARGUE »

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2024, 10:50:18 AM »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2024, 04:10:18 AM »
I should be able to get a picture ;)
beginning of January
sorry it's taking more time for my customer to set this up.
But he's considering 215 / ACE 80...