Author Topic: New Krooked Beamer 'Evil Bird'  (Read 11739 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
Re: New Krooked Beamer 'Evil Bird'
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2021, 02:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
that's gross. trying way too hard
[close]

that account itself, along with half the set ups on there, are gross and contrived.

They're not all bad

This is gross

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
I have wall hangers, but I cannot imagine getting this board and not skating the ever living fuck out of it.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

zone6flags

• Rep: 4
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
https://www.southstreetonmain.com/product-page/krooked-evil-bird-beamer-10-75-deck

Really wanted to snag this one, but can't justify it. Hopefully it goes to someone here. Cheers.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2021, 03:56:32 PM »
https://www.southstreetonmain.com/product-page/krooked-evil-bird-beamer-10-75-deck

Really wanted to snag this one, but can't justify it. Hopefully it goes to someone here. Cheers.

Wowwwwww. Also hope someone here got it!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2023, 11:27:28 AM »
New Evil Beamers out now. Who's getting one? I get tempted every time but never pull the trigger. 181s, 215s, 80s.... mmmmm.....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 11:42:40 AM by Frank and Fred »

ejazzle

• Rep: 77
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2023, 01:25:10 PM »
New Evil Beamers out now. Who's getting one? I get tempted every time but never pull the trigger. 181s, 215s, 80s.... mmmmm.....

I couldn't help myself and snagged one. My beamers tend to end up on the wall though. Once my zip zogger is toast I'll set up a beamer.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2023, 02:28:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I couldn't help myself and snagged one. My beamers tend to end up on the wall though. Once my zip zogger is toast I'll set up a beamer.

I’ve been sitting on one that I picked up on a whim and never set up, but based on what people are saying I feel like I need to set it up at some point. I have a zip zogger I’m going to fool around with but after that maybe I pull out the Beemer….

Pasta Monster

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2023, 03:45:43 PM »
I was checking out at Tactics and it got sold by the time I entered my payment information. Today, I got lucky at another site but still need to get some 10” trucks. I’ve been looking for 181s but have never seen them in stock…probably going to have to get AF1 80s.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2023, 04:15:48 PM »
I was checking out at Tactics and it got sold by the time I entered my payment information. Today, I got lucky at another site but still need to get some 10” trucks. I’ve been looking for 181s but have never seen them in stock…probably going to have to get AF1 80s.

I joked with a fellow Pal regarding the 181.
He owns a pair but I refuse to believe that they exist.

215s are always reliable too
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2023, 04:40:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I joked with a fellow Pal regarding the 181.
He owns a pair but I refuse to believe that they exist.

215s are always reliable too

DLX said they had issues making more after the initial run of the 181s.

At least there are plenty of Indy 215s or Ace variants around to provide the wide truck experience for people.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2023, 05:23:02 PM »
I'd probably go with Ace 80s but I did pick up some Thunder 181s and they are really light for their size, which is a good selling point for such a giant set up.

sbr

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2023, 03:24:47 AM »
I grabbed 3 of them from Tactics so I can skate them guilt free, keep them going for a while and feel better knowing 3 will be skated and wont be destined for eBay at an inflated price. I was snaked for the last 2 drops (the Bold and the SSD ones) after a local shop decided not to hold one for me after they said they would, so I impulsively had to grab a few to hopefully avoid another Beamer dry spell hahaha.

Haven’t had one since I destroyed my Bird Beamer years back, and I’m excited to skate them this time around with AF1 80’s. I absolutely hate how the newer Indy 215’s I had skated…

I’ll get a photo later in the week when I get one put together.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 11:50:15 AM by sbr »
Small man, big board...
IG: s.b.r_

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2023, 06:15:01 AM »
I grabbed a 3 of them from Tactics so I can skate them guilt free, keep them going for a while and feel better knowing 3 will be skated and wont be destined for eBay at an inflated price. I was snaked for the last 2 drops (the Bold and the SSD ones) after a local shop decided not to hold one for me after they said they would, so I impulsively had to grab a few to hopefully avoid another Beamer dry spell hahaha.

Haven’t had one since I destroyed my Bird Beamer years back, and I’m excited to skate them this time around with AF1 80’s. I absolutely hate how the newer Indy 215’s I had skated…

Wait for the pitchforks when people realize you bought 3 Beamers...

sbr

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2023, 11:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I grabbed 3 of them from Tactics so I can skate them guilt-free, keep them going for a while and feel better knowing 3 will be skated and wont be destined for eBay at an inflated price. I was snaked for the last 2 drops (the Bold and the SSD ones) after a local shop decided not to hold one for me after they said they would, so I impulsively had to grab a few to hopefully avoid another Beamer dry spell hahaha.

[close]

Bring em' on, I'm going to sleep well at night knowing these will see action and not sit on eBay with a $250-1k (I wish I was making that up) price tag on them being sold as an art piece that someone will ultimately end up hanging on their wall lol. I spent the better part of the past 6 months haggling with people to try and buy any version of the standard shape I could find and could not get a single person to budge on a price below $250, so when I had the opportunity to get a few I could not pass it up.

Truthfully, I'm super stoked for the opportunity to skate em' without feeling like I have to baby them for a change. The last one I had I was overly careful with trying to stretch its life out, especially after I demolished the Tyshawn Baby Beamer I had a few years before it. I normally don't get emotionally attached to boards, but wrecking the Baby Beamer stung particularly bad since it was a gift from a friend who got it for me from Jim T.

Small man, big board...

animalflesh

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2023, 12:20:00 PM »
Is it the concave and the cutout plys that make this board so desirable?

I mean… I’m sure a lot of small board manufacturers can make a board to those specs albeit with certain features being slightly different

And you’d get that for like 100 bucks max

sbr

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2023, 12:55:11 PM »
Is it the concave and the cutout plys that make this board so desirable?

I mean… I’m sure a lot of small board manufacturers can make a board to those specs albeit with certain features being slightly different

And you’d get that for like 100 bucks max

I can only speak for myself, but it's the mix of the shape & the center beam that does it for me. The board carries it's width a bit more than most shaped boards do (it makes the 10" trucks look tiny), has a 16.12" wheelbase, and has the center beam that makes it have a really unique feel. I also really dig the super wide/flat tail shape since I'm very tailblock heavy. The cutouts really do nothing for the board functionally other than relieve some weight and make it less of a tank than it would be otherwise at 10.75"x34".

Tactics had them for $125 with free shipping which is not really THAT bad compared to most pro boards hitting around the $70-80 mark these days. The thing I found bizarre is most other shops that posted them had them priced at $150-175 + shipping and I saw this graphic on eBay the same day for $200 + shipping. I checked eBay again just now there are a few listings ranging from $185-240 for this graphic and the older graphics are going for $300-1k. The Beamer Coupe didn't sell all that well and they're even on eBay now for $200-1k (even though you can still find them online for retail price)... My justification for grabbing 3 was that I could enjoy them for a while and pay for the 3 what people are asking for single boards on the resale market.

It's lame that you have to panic buy them when they drop to beat the resellers to them, but it's more lame that a good chunk of them end up hanging on a wall rather than getting skated...
Small man, big board...

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal

sbr

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2023, 01:18:44 PM »
https://www.strange-house.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_162&products_id=14004&zenid=17dco2keve6urmigvfud0n6lf1
One more for you.

I'm really curious what shop cost is on this run since the prices vary a good bit (Tactics on the low end at $125 shipped and Old Skull on the high end at $175 + shipping). Also curious if they're single-pressing the boards due to the beamer mold. I know BBS has been doing them, so I assume that made it a little more cost-effective to make on DLX's side. I vaguely remember hearing the first run was done elsewhere and had about 4 hours of labor per board (and I think they were $250 each retail).
Small man, big board...

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2023, 02:09:29 AM »
https://www.strange-house.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_162&products_id=14004&zenid=17dco2keve6urmigvfud0n6lf1
One more for you.

Great little shop. I've long wanted to go there and look through their board wall because they always seem to have oddball stuff long after it's sold out other places.

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2023, 06:50:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I grabbed 3 of them from Tactics so I can skate them guilt-free, keep them going for a while and feel better knowing 3 will be skated and wont be destined for eBay at an inflated price. I was snaked for the last 2 drops (the Bold and the SSD ones) after a local shop decided not to hold one for me after they said they would, so I impulsively had to grab a few to hopefully avoid another Beamer dry spell hahaha.

[close]

[close]

Bring em' on, I'm going to sleep well at night knowing these will see action and not sit on eBay with a $250-1k (I wish I was making that up) price tag on them being sold as an art piece that someone will ultimately end up hanging on their wall lol. I spent the better part of the past 6 months haggling with people to try and buy any version of the standard shape I could find and could not get a single person to budge on a price below $250, so when I had the opportunity to get a few I could not pass it up.

Truthfully, I'm super stoked for the opportunity to skate em' without feeling like I have to baby them for a change. The last one I had I was overly careful with trying to stretch its life out, especially after I demolished the Tyshawn Baby Beamer I had a few years before it. I normally don't get emotionally attached to boards, but wrecking the Baby Beamer stung particularly bad since it was a gift from a friend who got it for me from Jim T.

No hate on my end!

sbr

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2023, 10:56:29 AM »

As fun as my old one was on 215's, this thing is siiiiick with the AF1 80's
Small man, big board...

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2023, 12:17:52 PM »

As fun as my old one was on 215's, this thing is siiiiick with the AF1 80's

What a beauty

sbr

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2023, 06:04:05 PM »
Two more on here… someone grab them before I compulsively buy more hahaha

https://aa1982.com/products/krooked-evil-bird-2-beamer-shaped-deck?_pos=1&_sid=d951ac1e4&_ss=r
Small man, big board...

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2023, 06:11:54 PM »
are they numbered? seems they make more every go around

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2023, 06:44:33 PM »
no they are not and yes they did

sbr

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2023, 08:15:55 AM »

Part of me feels like they ditched the numbering to combat the resale BS, but no matter how few or how many they make people will charge extra if it's attached to Mark. I've seen some normal release Krooked boards go for outrageous asking prices on eBay...
Small man, big board...

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2023, 08:18:47 AM »
I stood on the skate shop day one and the concave threw me completely off..but after reading this thread I kinda want to get one to skate. Never had any trucks bigger than 169's.

sbr

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2023, 10:38:50 AM »
I stood on the skate shop day one and the concave threw me completely off..but after reading this thread I kinda want to get one to skate. Never had any trucks bigger than 169's.

Once you adjust to how it feels, it's sick. I have partial numbness in my legs & feet (nerve damage from a back injury) and favor wider boards in general, but I feel like the center beam keeps my feet from migrating mid-trick. The length and wb are on the longer side, but I'm 5'6" and don't really lose any of my tricks on it so I wouldn't say it's particularly difficult to skate. I'm just juiced more people want to skate them because too many of them ended up as wall hangers lol

Note: Skate Warehouse listed them today for $130

Small man, big board...

Bupstop

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2023, 10:48:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Once you adjust to how it feels, it's sick. I have partial numbness in my legs & feet (nerve damage from a back injury) and favor wider boards in general, but I feel like the center beam keeps my feet from migrating mid-trick. The length and wb are on the longer side, but I'm 5'6" and don't really lose any of my tricks on it so I wouldn't say it's particularly difficult to skate. I'm just juiced more people want to skate them because too many of them ended up as wall hangers lol

Note: Skate Warehouse listed them today for $130

Damn you are selling me on them. I have to move in a month so I’m trying to curb my spending but I really want to try one out now haha.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »
Really appreciate the links everyone. I had the first Beemer drop with the Gonz 215s and Classic 60s that I never set up and I wound up having to sell it when I was hard up for money. I had kinda given up on one but it's nice to know that a few of them stick around in shops these days.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.