Author Topic: Skating Bacon and Eggs  (Read 1739 times)

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
Skating Bacon and Eggs
« on: April 28, 2021, 02:47:21 AM »
Art piece/Skatepark in Wilkeson, Washington:

I like it, can't really go wrong with bacon and eggs in my opinion.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Skating Bacon and Eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 02:55:27 AM »
I'd like to have a sit down convo with Mr. Hillding and pick his brain. And that kid's kickflip was pretty tight. Good stuff.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 05:01:14 AM »
Pretty fucked there's no vegan options

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 05:04:24 AM »
meat is murder

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 05:52:30 AM »
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 99
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 05:56:53 AM »
looks cool but not fun to skate at all. no deck on any of the transition?  pump track kicker ramp into landing in a quarterpipe? this is just evergreen skateparks but painted like food. what a waste.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 05:59:10 AM »
Would have like a sausage link in the middle as I primarily skate ledges.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 06:06:17 AM »
I saw a clip of someone gap from the bacon to the handle, that was pretty sick.

I at least appreciate the concept

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 06:10:11 AM »
A toast or bagel manny pad/ledge would be nice.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 06:15:00 AM »
looks cool but not fun to skate at all. no deck on any of the transition?  pump track kicker ramp into landing in a quarterpipe? this is just evergreen skateparks but painted like food. what a waste.

and the transitions seem way to tight, the egg bumps are way to small. it'd be a great spot to stumble upon but shit spot to be in your neighborhood

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 06:22:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and the transitions seem way to tight, the egg bumps are way to small. it'd be a great spot to stumble upon but shit spot to be in your neighborhood

Truly a huge burden for the locals I'm sure. I bet they wish it was still a patch of grass...  ::)

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 06:26:01 AM »

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 06:27:18 AM »
Im tired of this place already. wake me up when someone makes the avocado toast park.
ok thanks

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 06:31:15 AM »
Im tired of this place already. wake me up when someone makes the avocado toast park.

We need a brunch themed park.  Micro brewery, or artisinal BBQ would work too.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 06:40:51 AM »
I’ve been here, already. It’s fun, quick and tight to skate, but once you get the rhythm you can really haul ass through here. It’s adjacent a “normal” skatepark, so don’t worry, you can still go and do the same 5 tricks you always do over there.

Wilkeson (the town) is at the base of Rainier and just north from the entrance to Rainier National Park. The goal of the park was not to make the aging millennials of Slap happy, but to attract attention to this little fly speck of town, which is trying to grow into something of an attraction as the number of people going to Rainier increases yearly. Insofar as that was the goal, it’s a huge accomplishment. I was there on a weekday and several groups had gathered from all around the area to skate, while locals took pictures.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 06:46:33 AM »
I’ve been here, already. It’s fun, quick and tight to skate, but once you get the rhythm you can really haul ass through here. It’s adjacent a “normal” skatepark, so don’t worry, you can still go and do the same 5 tricks you always do over there.

Wilkeson (the town) is at the base of Rainier and just north from the entrance to Rainier National Park. The goal of the park was not to make the aging millennials of Slap happy, but to attract attention to this little fly speck of town, which is trying to grow into something of an attraction as the number of people going to Rainier increases yearly. Insofar as that was the goal, it’s a huge accomplishment. I was there on a weekday and several groups had gathered from all around the area to skate, while locals took pictures.
yep, exactly this. not my typical thing to skate but it was super fun. and fits in wilkeson perfectly

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 09:39:59 AM »
This is really cool. Primarily an art installation yet part of the work is they way in which people interact with it. Very pop, an everyday scene augmented in size and transformed by material to make it surreal. Probably not the easiest to skate, but the will of skaters and whatever tricks they can do are part of what makes this piece exciting and cool to see what skaters can do. It’s like if Claes Oldenburg skated.

Kusama infinity bowl, koons balloon park. C’mon high fashion brands build some parks give back.

nothing's been the since same

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 09:46:04 AM »
This is really cool. Primarily an art installation yet part of the work is they way in which people interact with it. Very pop, an everyday scene augmented in size and transformed by material to make it surreal. Probably not the easiest to skate, but the will of skaters and whatever tricks they can do are part of what makes this piece exciting and cool to see what skaters can do. It’s like if Claes Oldenburg skated.

Kusama infinity bowl, koons balloon park. C’mon high fashion brands build some parks give back.

This does seem like a nice balance of public funds and creating something that benefits all involved.

It would be cool to see more public art that is built in a way that fills other needs. It’s not uncommon to find statutes or public works that do little for those who live in the area, and are seldom enjoyed.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 09:50:36 AM »

there’s a gif of a guy skating an oldenburg statue in someone’s signature here