Author Topic: Al Davis on scumbag?  (Read 62096 times)

Crislerheaven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Al Davis on scumbag?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2021, 02:38:18 PM »
Al Davis blocked me on his cousin records account a bit ago when I told him that he was gassing up a local abuser and reposting his clips and shit. I’ve been bummed on him for a bit because that felt like apologist behavior, but this makes it even worse. (Unrelated but he also blocked me on his main like a year before I got blocked on the cousin records account because I requested too many times)
As soon as Nelson hears that anything is “small and intimate” he gets paranoid he’s not invited and goes crazy to get there, so he put his mind to it and got there through someone else. It turned out to be thousands of people there so when he saw Paul he said, “Small, intimate world, isn’t it?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2552
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2021, 02:54:58 PM »
Expand Quote
hope the women he's hurt can find healing and support

fuck this guy
[close]

If it's true, I hope so as well, with anyone effected receives appropriate physically, emotionally, or mental help. 

Innocent until proven guilty.  In the US you can go to the police and say anything.  I've never met you, but I could go to the police and say, fredgallSOTY did XXX to me and they would be required to launch an investigation. It would cost us both sides a shit ton in lawyers, they do their thing, and a judge makes the final decision based on the evidence brought forward.   

You're assuming cops believe women, that they're arsed enough to do a thorough investigation and that all rape allegations end up in court.

And to the others talking about going to the police or thinking the women make this shit up, read up on why they might not choose to speak up after the fact, and just how many false accusations there are. The info on this out there, and has already been discussed in other threads about abusive pros or whoever.

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2021, 02:55:42 PM »
I enjoy what I've seen of this guy's skating, but I distinctly remember a few years back following him on Instagram for like a month or so, and I sensed quickly that this guy was a huge piece of shit. The two things that stood out were him defending the GX guys who caved in the head of the security guard because "they are legends" and this guy was a loser with a minimum wage job, and then the GX1000 Japan video where he is gleefully tagging another country and disrespecting old women

This is not to say that the allegations are necessarily true, but he does certainly seem to be a douchebag
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2021, 02:57:58 PM »
Quick! Every incel with post counts under 100 give us your hot take as you take a break from brushing your neckbeards and plan your next mass shooting.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2021, 02:58:46 PM »

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2021, 03:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote
hope the women he's hurt can find healing and support

fuck this guy
[close]

If it's true, I hope so as well, with anyone effected receives appropriate physically, emotionally, or mental help. 

Innocent until proven guilty.  In the US you can go to the police and say anything.  I've never met you, but I could go to the police and say, fredgallSOTY did XXX to me and they would be required to launch an investigation. It would cost us both sides a shit ton in lawyers, they do their thing, and a judge makes the final decision based on the evidence brought forward.
you’ve clearly never gone to a cop for anything.

hope these women can find some level of peace and solace. it’s good that they’re beginning to connect with each other, i’m sure that’s going to be a valuable support system in dealing with both the trauma of al’s actions and the trauma that internet chuds attacking them will cause.

veritas

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2021, 03:20:16 PM »
Al Davis is a rapist and Converse loves him

Was waiting for this

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2021, 03:26:52 PM »
I am immediately convinced by something written by someone I’ve never met and am now so mad at someone else who I will also never meet.

It's hilarious when people make posts like this insinuating the accuser is lying while pretending it's none of their business despite taking time out of their day to actively comment on the situation on a public forum lmao.

I Wonder if Al and Kenny Anderson hang out, sounds like they've got some things in common.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2021, 04:47:32 PM »
Dang - I remember when someone posted something talking about the GX crew’s notorious behavior towards women.  Everyone thought it was just about that one guy who used to be on WKND.  Looks like the net was wider than previously thought.   

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2021, 04:56:22 PM »
How does anyone know what to take seriously anymore?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2021, 05:00:30 PM »
How does anyone know what to take seriously anymore?

I guess the sheer amount of comments from people with real accounts tilt it strongly towards believable for me.   It would seem odd that there would be a coordinated attack on some random skater like Al who isn’t like a household name or anything unless there was a kernel of truth to it at least

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2021, 05:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I am immediately convinced by something written by someone I’ve never met and am now so mad at someone else who I will also never meet.
[close]

It's hilarious when people make posts like this insinuating the accuser is lying while pretending it's none of their business despite taking time out of their day to actively comment on the situation on a public forum lmao.

I Wonder if Al and Kenny Anderson hang out, sounds like they've got some things in common.

This isnt a game no more.

labor

• Rep: -39
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2021, 05:49:04 PM »
Everyone should operate with caution in these situations. I have no idea what happened and neither does anyone else. There is a reason why centuries of progress have created formal, dispassionate legal mechanisms for adjudicating such claims and potential crimes. At present we have a hazy accusation with no evidence or real, material information. To suggest it is more, is pure speculation, which is insufficient to do much of anything. There's a reason we don't have a system for mediating out conflicts based on guilt by association or loud voices.

Everything she may be saying is 100 percent accurate, but thus far, there is nothing to suggest it means anything - one way or the another.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2021, 05:52:24 PM »
damn if this is legit this  would be a huge bummer.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2021, 06:06:58 PM »
Everyone should operate with caution in these situations. I have no idea what happened and neither does anyone else. There is a reason why centuries of progress have created formal, dispassionate legal mechanisms for adjudicating such claims and potential crimes. At present we have a hazy accusation with no evidence or real, material information. To suggest it is more, is pure speculation, which is insufficient to do much of anything. There's a reason we don't have a system for mediating out conflicts based on guilt by association or loud voices.

Everything she may be saying is 100 percent accurate, but thus far, there is nothing to suggest it means anything - one way or the another.

That dispassionate legal system sure worked out well for Brock Turner

labor

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2021, 06:12:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This argument is meant to score some points or seem clever. But the point stands: our highly imperfect legal system is better than whatever it is you believe accusation by instagram is. The system fails, and failed in that case to be sure, which doesn't mean it should be dismissed wholesale and replaced by accusation. The system should be improved, and what your banal, pot shot has no value or meaning to that goal.

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2021, 06:14:27 PM »
Send Al to Horny jail

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2021, 06:27:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This argument is meant to score some points or seem clever. But the point stands: our highly imperfect legal system is better than whatever it is you believe accusation by instagram is. The system fails, and failed in that case to be sure, which doesn't mean it should be dismissed wholesale and replaced by accusation. The system should be improved, and what your banal, pot shot has no value or meaning to that goal.

Ah yes, scoring a point by noting an incident where a young man’s future was preserved because the judge didn’t want to ruin his life over a youthful indiscretion like raping an unconscious woman.   Surely, the only time this has happened. 

How has “accusation by Instagram” affected any of the skaters, except Johan who fessed up and got his minor lumps, who have been credibly accused of sexual assault?   Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you should be aware of the legal issues that hinder rapists being brought to justice.  Hell, watch the Woody Allen doc on HBO and learn how divorce proceedings punish the parent who levels sexual abuse accusations, particularly when credible, against the other parent.

The one person this topic noted has been joined by plenty other accusations in the comments.   This will likely not preface legal proceedings and no posse is being rounded up, but show me what avenue is open for people to confront or name their abusers and tell me what possible incentive the others have to lie about this?

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2021, 07:00:58 PM »
Yeah bro, an orchestrated attack on a random skater between multiple women seems way more likely than another shitty guy being shitty. They are probably just jealous of his nollie heels

labor

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2021, 07:05:03 PM »
The original point is you dont know, and I dont know. Which is why a system in which we marshal evidence to buttress claims is used rather than whatever you are putting forward here.

The rush to certitude about what did or did not happen is unhelpful.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2021, 07:07:45 PM »
The original point is you dont know, and I dont know. Which is why a system in which we marshal evidence to buttress claims is used rather than whatever you are putting forward here.

and the rush to ignore this and wait for criminal proceedings that will absolutely never come is the most fucking useless thing you could do

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2021, 07:12:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah yes, scoring a point by noting an incident where a young man’s future was preserved because the judge didn’t want to ruin his life over a youthful indiscretion like raping an unconscious woman.   Surely, the only time this has happened. 

How has “accusation by Instagram” affected any of the skaters, except Johan who fessed up and got his minor lumps, who have been credibly accused of sexual assault?   Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you should be aware of the legal issues that hinder rapists being brought to justice.  Hell, watch the Woody Allen doc on HBO and learn how divorce proceedings punish the parent who levels sexual abuse accusations, particularly when credible, against the other parent.

The one person this topic noted has been joined by plenty other accusations in the comments.   This will likely not preface legal proceedings and no posse is being rounded up, but show me what avenue is open for people to confront or name their abusers and tell me what possible incentive the others have to lie about this?

Nah, he's right. If this is your standard, it would be really easy to send you to jail too. And I say this as someone who doesn't do anything like the accusation and doesn't know anyone else who does either. Being impaneled on a jury is more educational than reading random posts on an internet messageboard. You can scoff at that all you want, but you won't learn a damn thing.

labor

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2021, 07:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not sure what point your making. I didnt speak to any previous people accused or skaters. I was addressing this accusation. The point stands: it would better to not treat instagram comments without much more as dispositive. I'm well aware of the pitfalls of how "legal issues" can undermine victims, as well as Woody Allen. I'm not sure that is relevant here, or what I was talkin about, is the point.

I said at the outset people should chill on jumping to a conclusion based on an instagram or series of instagram comments. I think that point stands.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2021, 07:13:16 PM »
Just here to chime in from the She-man Man haters club

If you were accustomed to how common this is, you wouldn't be so shocked

That and, if you cared about the emotional welfare of women but I DIGRESS

Theseaorganization

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2021, 07:18:59 PM »
Expand Quote
"R*pe" haha. Sorry i can't take someone seriously who talks like this. It's too hip for something as serious as rape . makes it look insincere .
[close]

People type it that way because Instagram sometimes removes stories and posts with “rape” written in full. Also, it’s sad that’s all you took away from this post, and can disregard something so serious over something as insignificant as spelling. Not saying he’s guilty, I’m just saying don’t disregard an accusation like that over something so trivial.

Some of y’all are so certain about Nyjah being a rapist when his accuser calls him out on Twitter, but when it’s a “cool guy” like Al everyone all the sudden wants to deny it, because the girl spoke out on Instagram.

Okay well my bad on that i didn't know that was the reason people did that.

labor

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2021, 07:19:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
and the rush to ignore this and wait for criminal proceedings that will absolutely never come is the most fucking useless thing you could do

Im not sure how you can suggest I wish to "ignore it" which is not anything I've said. Im merely encouraging people to withhold judgement against an accused person until you have more than what has been provided. What rights do you think you are providing to anyone - the accuser or the accused by implying that these posts reach a specific conclusion. As you me know, there is both good practical and theoretical reasons for having a system based on providing the accused opportunities to defend themselves as well as accusers to avail themselves or rights. We have a history in which racist mob rule controlled a large swath of the country and did not afford accused relevant means to redress that inequity. The system is flawed but it is better than whatever it is you think you are doing.

Theseaorganization

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2021, 07:20:19 PM »
You'd think going to the police would be the right move but rapists very rarely face any sort of consequence for their actions legally. Some people don't realize they've been raped or abused until years later after any sort of "evidence" is gone. Can't say what she SHOULD do since I'm not in her shoes but gathering info and having it set and prepared for the ensuing scrutiny she's going to face would be a good idea.

I've never been raped but i reckon id know right away as i was penetrated

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2021, 07:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Im not sure how you can suggest I wish to "ignore it" which is not anything I've said. Im merely encouraging people to withhold judgement against an accused person until you have more than what has been provided. What rights do you think you are providing to anyone - the accuser or the accused by implying that these posts reach a specific conclusion. As you me know, there is both good practical and theoretical reasons for having a system based on providing the accused opportunities to defend themselves as well as accusers to avail themselves or rights. We have a history in which racist mob rule controlled a large swath of the country and did not afford accused relevant means to redress that inequity. The system is flawed but it is better than whatever it is you think you are doing.

So a broken system that rarely metes out justice is better than listening to and validating the experiences of people who have been victims of abuse because you don’t like the medium by which they share?   

Al Davis’s career isn’t going to be effected one iota by this, just as KA’s wasn’t.  So what are you railing against?

And you don’t understand that the Woody Allen points?!   Yikes.  How about this precious legal system rarely takes offenders to task and often punishes the accusers more than those who actually committed the crime.  So maybe IG is just where they have to do it when they see rank hypocrisy like Kenny Anderson or Al Davis praising on Instagram  strong women.   And you see shit like that constantly.  Hell, Mitchell and Ness the sports memorabilia co. had an International Women’s Day post featuring a woman wearing a #8 Kobe jersey for fuck’s sake, if you’d like another hallmark of justice

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i would say providing the accusers the right to be heard judgement free is important. as you may know, there are good and practical reasons for women and non-men whole-stepping around the law and judicial system for any number of reasons. because you’re clearly ornery, let’s go through some. these women may not believe in imprisonment, which is the end result of a criminal trial. they may not want to have to relive their trauma in front of complete strangers and then have the details of which argued by those strangers. they may not want to have police ignore them or outright deny their ability to press charges. they may not want to hear from police, prosecutors, juries, or lawyers about how it was their fault they were assaulted. they may not want to have years of their lives defined by a criminal trial connected to their trauma. there are a million other reasons too.

this is clearly the recourse these women feel most comfortable with discussing their experiences. they have absolutely zero reason to lie en masse. to imply that they are or to try to cast dispersions on what they’re saying is such small behavior. if you care about al, or community in general, you should want him rehabilitated and not jailed. calling out also means calling in. it’s a moment for his friends, mentors, etc to step up and help him change his behavior to be able to re-enter society as someone that can be trusted and give respect to the people in his life.

i obviously know that you’re just being prickly to be prickly and you don’t care about any of this. so for clarity, fuck you.

labor

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2021, 08:04:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
i would say providing the accusers the right to be heard judgement free is important. as you may know, there are good and practical reasons for women and non-men whole-stepping around the law and judicial system for any number of reasons. because you’re clearly ornery, let’s go through some. these women may not believe in imprisonment, which is the end result of a criminal trial. they may not want to have to relive their trauma in front of complete strangers and then have the details of which argued by those strangers. they may not want to have police ignore them or outright deny their ability to press charges. they may not want to hear from police, prosecutors, juries, or lawyers about how it was their fault they were assaulted. they may not want to have years of their lives defined by a criminal trial connected to their trauma. there are a million other reasons too.

this is clearly the recourse these women feel most comfortable with discussing their experiences. they have absolutely zero reason to lie en masse. to imply that they are or to try to cast dispersions on what they’re saying is such small behavior. if you care about al, or community in general, you should want him rehabilitated and not jailed. calling out also means calling in. it’s a moment for his friends, mentors, etc to step up and help him change his behavior to be able to re-enter society as someone that can be trusted and give respect to the people in his life.

i obviously know that you’re just being prickly to be prickly and you don’t care about any of this. so for clarity, fuck you.

(1) The court of law is the forum to be heard free of judgement. People are free to exercise free speech rights, within limits, on any topic. I'd hardly call instagram a "judgement free" zone or to place to not want to "relive their trauma in front of strangers". So Im not sure this makes any sense.

(2)  "Whole-stepping" around the law may appeal to people, but unfortunately it is not recognized as a legal means of recourse for an accuser, and very importantly for the accused. You seem to have divined the  a whole set of reasons that you believe are good ideas for "whole-stepping" the law. The accusers here, at least thus far, have not suggested this. You are merely speculating their motives, including that they even wish to "whole step" the law.

(3) I have not accused or implied them to be lying or lying en masse. You should be more careful with such accusations. 

(4) I'm not sure you should decide what is best for 'al. He is afforded certain rights under the law, and I dont think you should assume he agrees with your view that he should be "rehabilitated" or anything in regards to these accusations until he says so.

(5) Calling me "ornery' and lying that I suggest these women are lying, and ending this with a "fuck you," is worthless and shows your points are neither sharp nor well anchored. In your quest to string buzzwords together, it would maybe behoove you to learn more about not only the rights of the accused but familiarize yourself with two centuries of extralegal standards in which black men, not afforded rights to protect themselves against accusations, have been tried in the court of public opinion and sentenced to grizzly outcomes. It is one of the strong reasons we have a legal system that affords those accused of crimes to avail themselves of rights.

(6) What stated off as me merely suggesting people, including yourself, should not per se determine an outcome here has resulted in you deciding that Al committed felonies, that he does not deserve any legal rights or evidentiary standard before making that decision, and then inventing a lot ideas about why people are doing what they are doing here - none of which you know. I'll leave for others to determine the strength of your argument, but I would suggest you would not like to meet the justice that you are doling out to others.