Author Topic: Collin Provost of Toy Machine  (Read 52629 times)

stone cold steve austin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -84
Re: Collin Provost of Toy Machine
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2021, 04:41:32 PM »
7 pages and still no proof that he has left

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2021, 04:45:21 PM »
I would definitely rather watch Leo slam than push.

I'd rather watch Leo slam
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -16
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2021, 04:48:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d rather watch Leo slam than see Gino push

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2021, 04:58:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Go home dude
p-shuvs and v-flips

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -33
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2021, 05:23:02 PM »
I have noticed that he doesn’t go on any of the cross country tours that they do in tumyeto van. They’ve been coming the southeast a lot to film in the last 5-6 years and destroy everything. He doesn’t seem to be interested in that type of skating though. I thought it was funny that Ed said in an interview the only dude he doesn’t have to worry about is Collin (in reference to being productive) and at the time Collin had already transitioned into his booze and street bump stage.
Also remember when him and all his friends humiliated Jordan Hoffart for redoing his clip he’d been sitting on? That was a weird one.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2021, 09:58:49 AM »
7 pages and still no proof that he has left

Wasn’t in the Toy video that came out this morning. I think we have our proof.

Lurking for the Weekend

• Rep: 0
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2021, 10:33:38 AM »
Upon further investigation Creature's IG account also commented on his last post. Do what you will with that information.

cannibalochs

• Rep: -1
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2021, 11:18:38 AM »
I was trying to see what board he was riding in the Volcom video they premiered on Twitch last week, but couldn't tell. It was black with red lettering, kind of looked like Zero. However, I imagine Creature is probably the safe bet. Also Volcom took the VOD off of Twitch so I couldn't go back and slowmo it.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2021, 11:54:49 AM »
Idk if this is news but provost doesn’t have toy listed as a sponsor now on the gram. But it’s gotta be creature.creacher

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2021, 01:00:46 PM »
Weird to be kicked off a company you closed their last video for with a last part. Must be something other than his output if indeed he was kicked. Josh Harmony and Austin Stephens were able to milk it for damn near half of their careers on toy.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2021, 01:08:33 PM »
I was trying to see what board he was riding in the Volcom video they premiered on Twitch last week, but couldn't tell. It was black with red lettering, kind of looked like Zero. However, I imagine Creature is probably the safe bet. Also Volcom took the VOD off of Twitch so I couldn't go back and slowmo it.

this is so 2021

Tireeedd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2021, 05:34:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is so 2021

ITS US SUCKAAA!!!!! well actually its a creech blank with US spray painted on it.

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #222 on: April 12, 2021, 05:51:32 PM »
Weird to be kicked off a company you closed their last video for with a last part. Must be something other than his output if indeed he was kicked. Josh Harmony and Austin Stephens were able to milk it for damn near half of their careers on toy.

His drinking is straight up out of control, I’d imagine that has a lot to do with it.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #223 on: April 12, 2021, 05:56:58 PM »
I have noticed that he doesn’t go on any of the cross country tours that they do in tumyeto van. They’ve been coming the southeast a lot to film in the last 5-6 years and destroy everything. He doesn’t seem to be interested in that type of skating though. I thought it was funny that Ed said in an interview the only dude he doesn’t have to worry about is Collin (in reference to being productive) and at the time Collin had already transitioned into his booze and street bump stage.
Also remember when him and all his friends humiliated Jordan Hoffart for redoing his clip he’d been sitting on? That was a weird one.

He’s be on at least one, because his ender (I think) in the last toy video was in Charlotte NC, kick flip off the bump over a tall fence. I’m not a fan of the dude, obviously amazing skater, but not into his whole deal.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #224 on: April 12, 2021, 05:57:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

His drinking is straight up out of control, I’d imagine that has a lot to do with it.

His 9 Club was out of control, and that with watching Intervention like crazy, has helped me justify my own drinking...

All jokes aside, I'm on day one of quarantining after being exposed but testing negative. Cutting drinking and going to skate a lot, masked up while social distancing.

shopdeck

• Rep: 3
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2021, 09:38:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Toy should sponsor Jordan Powell, the new dude on Emerica. Dude is sick
[close]

He could definitely breathe some life back in toy.

Also agree that  devin bagnoli should officially be on creature.
[close]

I’m 73% sure mr. bagnoli had a welcome to the team video on Instagram lol.

Giving sinclair reign over toy machine was its down fall. What happened to kevin barnett? Kinda seemed like he was the tm during good n evil and suffer the joy.

Idk why Ed can’t manage toy full on those were always my favorite eras “live” “jump off a building” “berzerker”. Jump of building era toy graphics were also my favorite

i like suffer the joy more than most but it was not a good video. sinclair seems to be a much loved and respected guy in skateboarding and honestly may be the big reason toy machine is still rolling, esp if the tempster doesnt seem to leave his house except to photograph strangers at the boardwalk.

i still buy toy machine boards. their 8.88 decks are a lot of fun and ive been ripping them on ace 55s.

decaf

• Rep: -20
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2021, 10:30:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Luckily for you, that was Leo’s ender in the new video.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #227 on: April 13, 2021, 12:00:32 AM »

Are people just assuming he got kicked off? I thought it'd just make sense he'd make the move to Creature due to Milton/Oceanside/NHS connection. He'd probably get paid some what a lot more than being on Toy Machine too.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #228 on: April 13, 2021, 05:24:05 AM »
Wasn’t it said somewhere that Tum Yeto doesn’t even pay riders a per diem while on tour? Why would anyone put up with that if you didn’t have to?

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -173
« Reply #229 on: April 13, 2021, 05:28:51 AM »
Wasn’t it said somewhere that Tum Yeto doesn’t even pay riders a per diem while on tour? Why would anyone put up with that if you didn’t have to?

do you really consider collin provost a precious commodity?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2021, 05:48:14 AM »
Expand Quote
starting to think that companies have 2-5 years of prime relevance and everything else is nostalgia
[close]
Came here to say this. All the older established brands like Toy, Girl/Chocolate, Zero, have a set maybe decadeish where they were peak but have waned. The newer big brands like FA/Hockey, Primitive, are at their peak rn but in another decade they'll be in the same boat our old favorites are in now. What board brands can really stay on relevant forever?

Anti-Hero

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2021, 07:45:19 AM »

I’d be surprised if most companies do tbh. I’d never take a job that asked me to travel and didn’t pay the expenses. I feel like skate companies can get away with it because it’s less of a “job”. I remember someone saying somewhere hábitat didn’t pay per diem either. Talking out my ass here though have no proof one way or the other.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #232 on: April 13, 2021, 09:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d be surprised if most companies do tbh. I’d never take a job that asked me to travel and didn’t pay the expenses. I feel like skate companies can get away with it because it’s less of a “job”. I remember someone saying somewhere hábitat didn’t pay per diem either. Talking out my ass here though have no proof one way or the other.

Mike Sinclair's interview with Jenkem: http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2018/08/27/interview-mike-sinclair-skateboardings-famous-team-manager/

He said Tum Yeto ISN'T able to give per diems. So basically, dudes eating while on tour is dependent on the money the make from other sponsors.

So people like CJ and Dashawn who have Red Bull and shoe sponsors might have less of a struggle than let's say Cole Wilson who doesn't have any huge paying contracts.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #233 on: April 13, 2021, 10:48:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
starting to think that companies have 2-5 years of prime relevance and everything else is nostalgia
[close]
Came here to say this. All the older established brands like Toy, Girl/Chocolate, Zero, have a set maybe decadeish where they were peak but have waned. The newer big brands like FA/Hockey, Primitive, are at their peak rn but in another decade they'll be in the same boat our old favorites are in now. What board brands can really stay on relevant forever?
[close]

Anti-Hero
Baker

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2021, 11:02:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Anti-Hero
[close]
Baker

I would have to respectively disagree. They feel like a shadow of their former selves. 

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2021, 11:05:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Anti-Hero
[close]
Baker
[close]

I would have to respectively disagree. They feel like a shadow of their former selves.
I disagree with Baker. Theyre still popular but they aren't as popular as they were when the PussDrunx were influencing a whole generation.

As for AH, I haven't paid much attention to them so I can't make a judgement tbh.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #236 on: April 13, 2021, 11:09:42 AM »
as Slap's official Rep for Midwestern Youth ...

Baker is still a very, very big deal

They have to be at least a top 3 seller, and people like Kader, Rowan, T-Funk are still pretty influential amongst kids here.
With Baker 3 being available on YouTube too, most of the kids watch that as their first intro to older videos and videos as a whole.

Baker is different, definitely, but still wildly influential

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #237 on: April 13, 2021, 11:20:33 AM »
Yea baker has def regained some traction.

I wanna say it was Baca's part but we all know this was beagle's master plan.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #238 on: April 13, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do you really consider collin provost a precious commodity?

someone has to do some wild stuff out of and into banks between 80 and 37 degree angles
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #239 on: April 13, 2021, 11:25:57 AM »
I agree with Baker standing the test of time. They've shifted a few times and have a different vibe than before but they're still quite popular. Personally, the shift that Baker 4 brought made them resonate more to me personally than the "BIG MONEY BIG CARS" era.