Author Topic: Collin Provost of Toy Machine  (Read 51779 times)

lemonchicken91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
Re: Collin Provost of Toy Machine
« Reply #240 on: April 13, 2021, 11:36:17 AM »
I agree with Baker standing the test of time. They've shifted a few times and have a different vibe than before but they're still quite popular. Personally, the shift that Baker 4 brought made them resonate more to me personally than the "BIG MONEY BIG CARS" era.

As i turn 30 this year, it really hits hard, the inevitable clock ticks and forces you to chill out, you can fight the battle, or become neen. If not you become Dollin. or worse
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #241 on: April 13, 2021, 11:49:14 AM »
Baker might not be to the tastes of the 30+ crowd (in other words: people whose opinions about skateboarding definitely don't matter) but that should not be misinterpreted as irrelevance. Skateboarding is for kids, kids love Baker and buy the shit out of Baker boards, the end. 

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #242 on: April 13, 2021, 11:51:08 AM »
Baker might not be to the tastes of the 30+ crowd (in other words: people whose opinions about skateboarding definitely don't matter) but that should not be misinterpreted as irrelevance. Skateboarding is for kids, kids love Baker and buy the shit out of Baker boards, the end.
ok thanks

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2021, 11:52:22 AM »
cheers i'll drink to that
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2021, 11:56:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I agree with Baker standing the test of time. They've shifted a few times and have a different vibe than before but they're still quite popular. Personally, the shift that Baker 4 brought made them resonate more to me personally than the "BIG MONEY BIG CARS" era.
[close]

As i turn 30 this year, it really hits hard, the inevitable clock ticks and forces you to chill out, you can fight the battle, or become neen. If not you become Dollin. or worse

Aw fuck, I'm getting old aren't I? I turn 30 this year and maybe that's it. The nostalgia glasses were on, I stand corrected.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #245 on: April 13, 2021, 12:02:55 PM »
I guess I need to rephrase. I didn't mean that Baker isn't popular, they just don't seem to have the same energy or "vibe" anymore. So, not to this extreme but if Zero was still popular but they were now a fresh, clean brand. Baker as a whole doesn't seem to have the same vibe was what they were founded on.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2021, 12:03:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As an older gentleman who’s still out on them skreets, trying his best to chop it up, I’d like to point out that there’s a whole lot of ground between Neen & Dollin, though.
Take that for what it’s worth.
I will say this; watching my homies who took extended time off their board for, well, let’s say... LIFE, I don’t envy them. This shits struggle enough with old joints/bones. Can’t imagine trying to relearn everything at my age.
Keep it up, Lemony Chicken. You’ve got this, and you don’t have to be a caricature while you’re doing it.
Have a little faith in yourself. I already have faith in you.
My apologies if I’ve misunderstood your post, BTW.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #247 on: April 13, 2021, 12:29:14 PM »
who the fuck do you think you are?

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: April 13, 2021, 12:44:18 PM »
Thank you Lou, I needed that.
Yea I'm off the board as far as park and tricks besides 180 ollie/kickflip for prob 2 years but been cruising the neighborhood a lot.
Just got back into surfing after years off and its brutal.
Been on this weird kick where I have gotten "the fear" and am going from idiot kid to boomer overnight.
It's good to start giving a shit but yea dont give too many shits
annnddd im telling my life story on slap thread about colin provst.
I hope he cleans up and conquers more banks!
respect

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2021, 01:09:08 PM »

Has anyone skated this bowl? It looks like a real good time.

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2021, 02:57:35 PM »
that new video did not feel like Toy...maybe he felt the same way and bounced

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #251 on: April 13, 2021, 03:53:31 PM »
I have noticed that he doesn’t go on any of the cross country tours that they do in tumyeto van. They’ve been coming the southeast a lot to film in the last 5-6 years and destroy everything. He doesn’t seem to be interested in that type of skating though. I thought it was funny that Ed said in an interview the only dude he doesn’t have to worry about is Collin (in reference to being productive) and at the time Collin had already transitioned into his booze and street bump stage.
Also remember when him and all his friends humiliated Jordan Hoffart for redoing his clip he’d been sitting on? That was a weird one.

I'll tell you this much, Jordan opened a brewery that has some corny people like nyjah associated with it, but I'd rather go there and drink a thousand times over running into Colin and his volume 4 clown crew at pour house even once. He and figgy and Riley are a scourge on Oceanside

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: April 13, 2021, 04:36:06 PM »
Black plague?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: April 13, 2021, 04:41:46 PM »
Black plague?

Yep. I mean there's lots of cool dudes associated with it as well a la the birdman and the mcclungs

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2021, 09:13:46 PM »
a friend bartends there. they're shockingly adept business owners, and their beer isn't half bad

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2021, 10:22:16 PM »
Expand Quote
I have noticed that he doesn’t go on any of the cross country tours that they do in tumyeto van. They’ve been coming the southeast a lot to film in the last 5-6 years and destroy everything. He doesn’t seem to be interested in that type of skating though. I thought it was funny that Ed said in an interview the only dude he doesn’t have to worry about is Collin (in reference to being productive) and at the time Collin had already transitioned into his booze and street bump stage.
Also remember when him and all his friends humiliated Jordan Hoffart for redoing his clip he’d been sitting on? That was a weird one.
[close]

I'll tell you this much, Jordan opened a brewery that has some corny people like nyjah associated with it, but I'd rather go there and drink a thousand times over running into Colin and his volume 4 clown crew at pour house even once. He and figgy and Riley are a scourge on Oceanside

Pour House is sick stop being poussey

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2021, 10:40:32 PM »
Saw rhino post Collin holding up what I assumed to be two beers with the text it us scattered across all strange. That’s 100% full proof evidence he’s on creature
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2021, 07:10:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pour House is sick stop being poussey

Nah fuck that, I'd even rather go to Larry's or Schmittys in Vista than go to pour house

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2021, 08:34:15 AM »
I guess I need to rephrase. I didn't mean that Baker isn't popular, they just don't seem to have the same energy or "vibe" anymore. So, not to this extreme but if Zero was still popular but they were now a fresh, clean brand. Baker as a whole doesn't seem to have the same vibe was what they were founded on.

I think that's the point some people are making. The brands that lose their luster either stay the exact same and become stagnant, or they change drastically and alienate both old fans and new. I think Baker is a good example of a brand that's allowed itself to grow and adapt while not totally bastardizing its former self. (at least, I think so.)

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2021, 01:50:04 PM »

Old Department Bowl, long gone unfortunately.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2021, 03:49:49 PM »
What happened to cool bars, everything’s a fuckin micro brewery loser shed these days. 

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #261 on: April 14, 2021, 05:23:03 PM »
Where can I watch that Volcom twitch video that was mentioned?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2021, 07:13:18 PM »
creature is supposedly one of the top 3 board companies out right now and this dude just took out a second mortgage on his house to build onto his backyard skatepark... gotta make ends meet somehow, can’t blame him. doubt he got the boot. he probably got a pay cut due to dashawn getting on and decided to not renew his contract/find more money elsewhere.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2021, 09:07:34 PM »
creature is supposedly one of the top 3 board companies out right now and this dude just took out a second mortgage on his house to build onto his backyard skatepark... gotta make ends meet somehow, can’t blame him. doubt he got the boot. he probably got a pay cut due to dashawn getting on and decided to not renew his contract/find more money elsewhere.
Creature a top 3 fr? Who are the other 2? Bet they're not who we think they are. We talking sales?

I'd bet like Element and Santa Cruz are the other two, just because of how they have all those collabs

iknowisuck

• Rep: 2
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2021, 09:13:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Creature a top 3 fr? Who are the other 2? Bet they're not who we think they are. We talking sales?

I'd bet like Element and Santa Cruz are the other two, just because of how they have all those collabs

I'd think it'd be Primitive over Element at least, actually I wouldn't be surprised if Primitive was the top seller.
Jokes on clothing < cutting off your foreskin with a chainsaw

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2021, 09:23:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

idk but in the navarette documentary thing they said creature was top 3. could imagine santa cruz being up there too idk about element. they probably wouldn’t have just lost their entire team if they were thriving in sales. my guess is something dlxsf or fa. maybe primitive.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2021, 09:27:46 PM »

Yes, used to be my local when Cals pharmacy had the park.  I helped them on a remodel that a person from Scotland headed up.  It was my intro to layering bowls with birch instead of Masonite.  Cubic!!!!!  Shout out cubic!

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2021, 08:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yes, used to be my local when Cals pharmacy had the park.  I helped them on a remodel that a person from Scotland headed up.  It was my intro to layering bowls with birch instead of Masonite.  Cubic!!!!!  Shout out cubic!

It was actually much bigger than it looks in that footage too. The small section was what, 8'?

Maybe my bearings were shit but I always found it hard to get enough speed in that thing, Grant makes it look 2EZ.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2021, 10:06:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
idk but in the navarette documentary thing they said creature was top 3. could imagine santa cruz being up there too idk about element. they probably wouldn’t have just lost their entire team if they were thriving in sales. my guess is something dlxsf or fa. maybe primitive.

Not saying you or the documentary is wrong, but I’m kind of skeptical about that claim. I don’t see a ton of Creature boards out in the wild, and although I can’t think of anybody I know that specifically dislikes them, they just don’t seem popular enough to where they sell more boards than 99% of companies. Just kind of hard for me to believe Creature out sells or is at the same level as Primitive, FA, dlxsf, Baker, and other companies when it comes to how many boards are being bought. Hell, as cringe as they are, Revive has got to up there to in terms of pure board sales.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 10:54:31 AM by Pavs323 »

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 147
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2021, 10:29:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Not saying you or the documentary is wrong, but I’m kind of skeptical about that claim. I don’t see a ton of Creature boards out in the wild, and although I can’t think of anybody I know that specifically disliking them, they just don’t seem popular enough to where they sell more boards than 99% of companies. Just kind of hard for me to believe Creature out sells or is at the same level as Primitive, FA, dlxsf, Baker, and other companies when it comes to how many boards are being bought. Hell, as cringe as they are, Revive has got to up there to in terms of pure board sales.

Unless Creature's hyper successful in like some Walmart, "baby's first complete" market, I find it hard to believe they're top three in board sales.