Author Topic: NYC Metro Area General Thread  (Read 18635 times)

kook1234

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
Re: NYC Metro Area General Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2023, 04:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone know where the first spot in this is in Queens?

The table at the bball court
[close]

bro come on, now where else do you see ball courts in that color?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[close]

I’m hungover bro let me live. If it’s something obvious I can’t think of it lol help

Ha dude I put it in the spoiler. Click to expand. if you look at google maps you won’t see it cause the pics are when it was under construction

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2023, 05:27:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone know where the first spot in this is in Queens?

The table at the bball court
[close]

bro come on, now where else do you see ball courts in that color?

[close]

I’m hungover bro let me live. If it’s something obvious I can’t think of it lol help
[close]

Ha dude I put it in the spoiler. Click to expand. if you look at google maps you won’t see it cause the pics are when it was under construction

Good looks g!!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2023, 04:54:20 PM »
where are yall skating outside of indoors in this weather?
looking for a spot but dont do well with the wind in the 30s
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2023, 09:14:11 PM »
We've just been layering up and sending it. The closer it gets to the low 30s the more likely I just don't skate. If you find any spots sheltered from the wind lmk haha

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2023, 07:34:47 PM »

Anyone know where in BK this is

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2023, 11:36:16 AM »
Heading to NYC next week. I might bring my board but weather looks cold. Any must hit spots in lower manhattan ? Are the banks open

pattacakenanny

• Rep: 0
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2023, 12:48:54 PM »

van dyck houses
rob campbell never dapped u up and it shows

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #217 on: January 01, 2024, 07:34:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

van dyck houses

Thanks dude

savagesavs

« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2024, 11:44:32 AM »
Anyone know where this is? been trying to find it with no luck :/

Garbage Collector

• Rep: 4
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2024, 03:29:06 PM »

nobody tell him hes gonna land every trick before you can even warm up, then front krook it

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2024, 11:49:22 AM »
just checked out the new ocean hill playground park yesterday. it's a real different vibe from most of the other parks in town. i like it because you can just pump and roll around the banks and qps. it'll probably be terrible when it gets crowded with people just lining up to hit the ledges tho.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2024, 01:41:43 PM »
just checked out the new ocean hill playground park yesterday. it's a real different vibe from most of the other parks in town. i like it because you can just pump and roll around the banks and qps. it'll probably be terrible when it gets crowded with people just lining up to hit the ledges tho.
idk how that park flew under the radar for so long. feel like everyone in the city just saw that same IG post last week. crazy that side of Bed Stuy/Ocean Hill got TWO skateparks around the same time
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2024, 01:50:55 PM »
That new Ocean Hill park is a blessing. Shoutout to Wade Yates. Def gonna be doing some dawn patrols over there to beat the crowds. Two normal ledges, a good hip, and a nice round rail, in a non-crowded layout... unusual for NY.

savagesavs

« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2024, 10:47:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nobody tell him hes gonna land every trick before you can even warm up, then front krook it

Damn yo someone just pls bless me ):

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2024, 09:27:44 AM »
The dot on the map over Canarsie. Put in the legwork, this is why google street view exists.

savagesavs

« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2024, 08:18:33 AM »
Ive done a lot of lurking, both gmaps and in real life. this forum is my last resport haha  :'(

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2024, 10:54:39 AM »
Mayor Adams to announce new skatepark projects across NYC (article)

https://www.gazettextra.com/news/nation_world/mayor-adams-to-announce-new-skatepark-projects-across-nyc-in-state-of-the-city-speech/article_86db72e3-7d3a-5790-b471-4501717a083e.html

More on the Soundview skatepark project here:

https://www.instagram.com/soundviewskatepark/

bout time brower park gets a face lift. gotta be the worst ground/layout combo in the whole city
- Crailtap

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2024, 08:57:10 AM »
who else remembers the rusty metal park at rockaway. was kinda fun tbh, i miss metal parks. edison NJ had a fun one too.

Garbage Collector

• Rep: 4

231st Street

• Rep: -200
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2024, 01:06:49 PM »
Just wanted to shout out Terminal Skateshop uptown.  Still holding it strong.  If you are going to NYC and need a setup, that is the place to go.

pattacakenanny

« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2024, 05:11:11 PM »
who else remembers the rusty metal park at rockaway. was kinda fun tbh, i miss metal parks. edison NJ had a fun one too.

i miss this place
rob campbell never dapped u up and it shows

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2024, 06:12:06 PM »
gonna be staying in brooklyn in a week and bringing my board. Hoping to squeeze in some morning sessions at blue park if i can.

Anybody got suggestions for decent cheap food, bars and other cool stuff to do? Also if there's any bars out in NY similar to something like Max Fish, lmk!

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2024, 07:39:29 AM »
gonna be staying in brooklyn in a week and bringing my board. Hoping to squeeze in some morning sessions at blue park if i can.

Anybody got suggestions for decent cheap food, bars and other cool stuff to do? Also if there's any bars out in NY similar to something like Max Fish, lmk!

Not sure how cheap you need cheap to be, but if you're staying in that area you won't be too far of a trip from what are arguably the two best burgers in NY right now, Rolo's in Ridgewood (m) and Superiority Burger (v) right next to Tompkins.  Read the reviews and decide if you will believe the hype.

Re: Bars I could say go to Talea if you're going to McCarren skatepark a block away.  It's woman owned and you are in NYC in March.  Same with Ainslie not too far away.

Disclaimer: this is coming from someone who rarely goes to Brooklyn

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2024, 11:24:25 AM »
for a cheap scumbag bar filled with skaters and women that want to have their lives ruined by dating them try Carmelos. $3 pints of beer.

if you find yourself in the east village a low key, cheap option is Sly Fox, a Ukranian bar with the same ukranian dude bartending every night.

Clem's in Williamsburg is owned by pool skater Tony Farmer

for cheap food just go to any deli with 3.5+ stars and get a chopped cheese with everything, or an egg and cheese on a roll. that's gonna be like $6 and $3.50 respectively

another dumb cheap option is North Dumpling in Chinatown. You can easily get like 2 pounds of food there for $10. insanely cheap and good and chinatown has 1 million skatespots (check Quartersnacks)

Expand Quote

[close]

Not sure how cheap you need cheap to be, but if you're staying in that area you won't be too far of a trip from what are arguably the two best burgers in NY right now, Rolo's in Ridgewood (m) and Superiority Burger (v) right next to Tompkins.  Read the reviews and decide if you will believe the hype.

Re: Bars I could say go to Talea if you're going to McCarren skatepark a block away.  It's woman owned and you are in NYC in March.  Same with Ainslie not too far away.

Disclaimer: this is coming from someone who rarely goes to Brooklyn

Good recs, but one note here -- The burger at Rolos is $18 and fries are an extra $8.... the food is objectively great but it's one of the most expensive restaurants in ridgewood and the landlord who helped open it is the absolute worst trendy fuck. avoid

if you're in Ridgewood and want unique cheap bar food from people who actually live in the neighborhood check "I Like Food" in Aunt Ginnys or get german food at Gottscheer hall.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2024, 11:52:19 AM »

As mentioned above, Carmelo’s on Dekalb in Bushwick is a bit of a skater hangout, kinda picking up the mantle from places like Enids or Max Fish now that they’re closed. Right down the street from Maria Hernandez ledge spot

Also, I kinda hate Rolo’s. The food is definitely good but everything else about it rubs me the wrong way
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 12:29:18 PM by mj23 »

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2024, 03:34:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
As mentioned above, Carmelo’s on Dekalb in Bushwick is a bit of a skater hangout, kinda picking up the mantle from places like Enids or Max Fish now that they’re closed. Right down the street from Maria Hernandez ledge spot

Also, I kinda hate Rolo’s. The food is definitely good but everything else about it rubs me the wrong way

same feelings here. they got really pretentious after they got a shoutout on national tv from jeremy alan white from the bear
- Crailtap

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2024, 10:58:24 PM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2024, 06:03:40 AM »
what is the name of this park? timestamp 1:54
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=47&v=iq2rcyj-SE4&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fstrangeloveskateboards.com%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title

been here a couple of times but cant find it again

that's Stroud Playground in Crown Heights. fun spot but really hectic when it's nice out