Author Topic: NYC Metro Area General Thread  (Read 18176 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: NYC Metro Area General Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2024, 07:04:28 PM »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: April 15, 2024, 03:41:25 AM »
Holy shit that thing is actually back? I thought that was an April fools post. Very cool. spot of the year 07-09..
Yeah it’s somewhere over there in ridgewood idk the cross street of top but take the M a stop or 2 past Myrtle Bway and push around. you’ll find it or find someone that knows.
Shouts out to Webber kickflip front lip into fakie in Outdated.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 273
  • often correct
« Reply #242 on: April 15, 2024, 04:33:38 AM »
its right across the street from the three stair grinder at ps 239

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2024, 02:34:28 AM »
Good looks and yea sounds like it’s back. I’m gonna find out anyway

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #244 on: April 19, 2024, 05:17:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gonna be staying in brooklyn in a week and bringing my board. Hoping to squeeze in some morning sessions at blue park if i can.

Anybody got suggestions for decent cheap food, bars and other cool stuff to do? Also if there's any bars out in NY similar to something like Max Fish, lmk!
[close]
As mentioned above, Carmelo’s on Dekalb in Bushwick is a bit of a skater hangout, kinda picking up the mantle from places like Enids or Max Fish now that they’re closed. Right down the street from Maria Hernandez ledge spot

Also, I kinda hate Rolo’s. The food is definitely good but everything else about it rubs me the wrong way
[close]

same feelings here. they got really pretentious after they got a shoutout on national tv from jeremy alan white from the bear
Not trying to turn this isnto a Rolos chat but fuck that place. One, you wont get to try the burger because they sell out 5 minutes after they open. Two, this place is a straight up corny podcaster destination. Three, its owned by a reality investment group if you care about that. Go to the seneca if you want a good burger. Also Carmelos sucks, Mollies or minnows is a better option with out the toxic waste.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #245 on: April 19, 2024, 11:13:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gonna be staying in brooklyn in a week and bringing my board. Hoping to squeeze in some morning sessions at blue park if i can.

Anybody got suggestions for decent cheap food, bars and other cool stuff to do? Also if there's any bars out in NY similar to something like Max Fish, lmk!
[close]
As mentioned above, Carmelo’s on Dekalb in Bushwick is a bit of a skater hangout, kinda picking up the mantle from places like Enids or Max Fish now that they’re closed. Right down the street from Maria Hernandez ledge spot

Also, I kinda hate Rolo’s. The food is definitely good but everything else about it rubs me the wrong way
[close]

same feelings here. they got really pretentious after they got a shoutout on national tv from jeremy alan white from the bear
[close]
Not trying to turn this isnto a Rolos chat but fuck that place. One, you wont get to try the burger because they sell out 5 minutes after they open. Two, this place is a straight up corny podcaster destination. Three, its owned by a reality investment group if you care about that. Go to the seneca if you want a good burger. Also Carmelos sucks, Mollies or minnows is a better option with out the toxic waste.
carmelos is full of all the skaters you would never actually want to be friends with. i've never seen a girl in there over the age of 23 if that tells you anything.

I second Mollies and Minnows. on top of it being run by ATL homies, the food at Minnows is top notch bar food
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: April 19, 2024, 03:17:00 PM »
Hot shit chef ego is the worst. I had a meeting for work with the Rolo’s owners before they opened and I could sense a bit. I’ve seen worse tho.