Author Topic: NYC Metro Area General Thread  (Read 17746 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NYC Metro Area General Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2022, 08:35:40 AM »
Now that it gets dark so early, where are you guys skating after 5:00pm?
i recently got a tip on a good parking garage spot in westchester which is not the most convenient thing but still 1hr or slightly less in the car from my part of queens

Vans park in montrose/morgan area is an option

if its not too cold to skate outside there are decent lights at the maria hernandez park ledge and the williamsburg bridge plaza

Icey

• Rep: 4
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2022, 08:47:48 AM »
Dope thanks for the recommendations. I don't mind the cold but the darkness is horrible, I don't see why skateparks can't have lights on until 10pm.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2022, 04:39:44 AM »
anyone have any recommendations for a good video camera repair shop?
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Lester Bullocks

• Rep: 18
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2022, 03:52:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Now that it gets dark so early, where are you guys skating after 5:00pm?
[close]
i recently got a tip on a good parking garage spot in westchester which is not the most convenient thing but still 1hr or slightly less in the car from my part of queens

Vans park in montrose/morgan area is an option

if its not too cold to skate outside there are decent lights at the maria hernandez park ledge and the williamsburg bridge plaza
Fat Kid/Golconda is lit, pretty sure they don't lock the gates until 9 at K Bridge park and it's possible to shimmy under them (I've done it before), the curb/asphalt hip at the top of the Queens side of K Bridge is well lit, LES is sort of lit, not super bright but manageable.

greenbeans

« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2022, 07:11:59 AM »
Has anyone been to Tyshawns restaurant? Wanna check it out

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2022, 05:45:01 AM »
Has anyone been to Tyshawns restaurant? Wanna check it out
the food at his spot is decent but, respectfully, not worth going all the way up to the bronx. just find a jamacian/caribbean spot near where youre staying or live.
- Crailtap

greenbeans

« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2023, 01:55:44 PM »
Robert E. Peary school

is it not ps 239q? looked like it was from quarter snacks and google maps

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2023, 05:12:10 PM »
anybody skate parking garages in brooklyn?
rainy days have been killing me but at least its not snow
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2023, 10:51:18 AM »
anybody skate parking garages in brooklyn?
rainy days have been killing me but at least its not snow
brooklyn bridge park has a covered ledge/curb that's the move on rainy days
- Crailtap

SpuytenDuvyilEphemera

• Rep: -174
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2023, 01:06:28 PM »
Sorry to get off topic for the Brooklyn folks, but curious if anyone who skates Riverdale, Kinsbridge, Van Cortland, Fordham, or North bronx in general?  Typically skate at Van Cortland, New Roc and Yonkers park and the New Rochelle street spots but looking to branch out to more bronx spots.   Pretty psyched a skatepark is being built soon in Riverdale as well (oddly at a really rough ledge spot I used to skate).  Have some rough/cutty spots I'm happy to share in those areas but always curious if there are more folks around hitting new street spots in north bronx.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2023, 01:51:39 PM »
Sorry to get off topic for the Brooklyn folks, but curious if anyone who skates Riverdale, Kinsbridge, Van Cortland, Fordham, or North bronx in general?  Typically skate at Van Cortland, New Roc and Yonkers park and the New Rochelle street spots but looking to branch out to more bronx spots.   Pretty psyched a skatepark is being built soon in Riverdale as well (oddly at a really rough ledge spot I used to skate).  Have some rough/cutty spots I'm happy to share in those areas but always curious if there are more folks around hitting new street spots in north bronx.
We skate the same area, wouldn’t be surprised if I already know you or seen you around before. There’s an underground curb & ledge spot in dobbs ferry that’s a pretty good winter spot. Last time I went the ledge was missing angle iron, I can DM the address if interested. As far as north bronx spots go, theres this school up the block from the Dyre ave train stop(Rosa Parks Educational Campus) that has a solid skateable bench on the basketball court, a 3 stair & larger stairset. That’s been a go-to spot during the warmer seasons for years, never been kicked out but it can get packed with basketball players during the summer.

There’s also a new skatepark in mount vernon that hasn’t been officially opened but has been completed and a low bust on the weekends. I don’t really care for it but figure i mention it.

animalflesh

« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2023, 09:35:02 AM »
I’m in Yonkers as well

SpuytenDuvyilEphemera

« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »
Awesome to see some local folks.  Very dumb question but do you have the address for the Rosa Park campus? Cant seem to find it on maps.

MorningSesh

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2023, 01:45:17 PM »
Awesome to see some local folks.  Very dumb question but do you have the address for the Rosa Park campus? Cant seem to find it on maps.
3441 Steenwick Ave, The Bronx, NY 10475

SpuytenDuvyilEphemera

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2023, 03:39:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
3441 Steenwick Ave, The Bronx, NY 10475

Thank you sir!  Would gnar if I knew how.  And yeah, based on where you skate you probably have ran into me.  I'm 36 and the kids have come up with a funny nick name for me at New Rochelle and van cortland parks, so maybe that gives it away (or not). 

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2023, 12:50:41 PM »

SpuytenDuvyilEphemera

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2023, 09:49:46 AM »
Thanks to whoever mentioned the new Mt. Vernon skate park.  Had a seasion there today with the fam and was awesome.  So smooth.

animalflesh

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2023, 06:59:29 PM »
I was there today

MorningSesh

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2023, 07:17:58 PM »
Felt like they really jammed everything so close together at that park which makes it hard to flow around if there’s more than a few people I think. I’m stoked my hometown has a skatepark though, didn’t think it would happen.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2023, 05:30:07 PM »
Sup NYC slappers, just moved here from Toronto. Waiting on a new set of trucks to come in the mail (thank you sale gear thread) and then I'll be hitting Fat Kid park for my first sesh, anyone here hit that place regularly? Low impact is my jam. Also down to bomb the prospect park hill, trying to get more confident in my powerslides. Holler!

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2023, 04:09:22 AM »
Coming to visit for a few weeks in May, anyone know of any tours/events happening?

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2023, 06:31:08 AM »
Sup NYC slappers, just moved here from Toronto. Waiting on a new set of trucks to come in the mail (thank you sale gear thread) and then I'll be hitting Fat Kid park for my first sesh, anyone here hit that place regularly? Low impact is my jam. Also down to bomb the prospect park hill, trying to get more confident in my powerslides. Holler!

also just moved here from Portland, OR a couple weeks ago, would love to link up with some folks! i'm in bed-stuy, been skating Blue Park, Chauncey Ledges, Brower Park, and a couple other spots so far but haven't really met anyone yet. haven't checked out Fat Kid, looks pretty dope. Found a cool spot at a school by my place this weekend that has a great angle-iron ledge and some nice curbs/flat. anyone interested in linking up hmu!

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2023, 09:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

also just moved here from Portland, OR a couple weeks ago, would love to link up with some folks! i'm in bed-stuy, been skating Blue Park, Chauncey Ledges, Brower Park, and a couple other spots so far but haven't really met anyone yet. haven't checked out Fat Kid, looks pretty dope. Found a cool spot at a school by my place this weekend that has a great angle-iron ledge and some nice curbs/flat. anyone interested in linking up hmu!
@Mandatory Reload @GauchoAmigo feel free to hit me up. im in crown heights so not to far and most of the spots you named are dumb close, besides Blue being in east willyB.
- Crailtap

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2023, 12:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
@Mandatory Reload @GauchoAmigo feel free to hit me up. im in crown heights so not to far and most of the spots you named are dumb close, besides Blue being in east willyB.

in Clinton hill and would love to session with some people. I've been hitting brooklyn courthouse at night and stroud ledges in prospect heights quite a bit. also have a bunch of spots in prospect worth looking at, lake plaza, curved wooded hill bomb, rock entrance etc. HMU!

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2023, 11:09:28 AM »

statistics math symbols
A bunch of pros are gonna be doing a demo in New Brunswick NJ tomorrow, mostly from Deluxe brands… but I see Leo Baker’s name too. Could this mean Leo is of Glue?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2023, 09:27:46 AM »
Visiting for a few days in June. If anyone wants to link just pm me, I’m staying in bushwick. Also taking recs for Italian restaurants. Price isnt a factor here, and bonus points for a solid cocktail menu. I think i went to john’s of bleeker street last time and that was really good

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2023, 11:37:10 AM »
Visiting for a few days in June. If anyone wants to link just pm me, I’m staying in bushwick. Also taking recs for Italian restaurants. Price isnt a factor here, and bonus points for a solid cocktail menu. I think i went to john’s of bleeker street last time and that was really good
Highly recommend both Al Di La and Rucola for quality Italian dinners with great cocktails to boot.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2023, 05:04:58 AM »
Visiting next week, anyone keen to skate with an over weight washed up 35 year old Aussie bloke? Keen for some beers too ;D

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2023, 08:43:56 AM »
bamonte's
Second this. If you can get a reservation at Rezdora I highly suggest you go there. That shit will make your balloon knot pucker. LaRina in clinton hill is really good as well

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2023, 08:19:14 PM »
Visiting next week, anyone keen to skate with an over weight washed up 35 year old Aussie bloke? Keen for some beers too ;D

I'm 31 and the two guys I mainly skate with are 39 and 41. I live in Manhattan if you want to join a session just let me know.