Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2021 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 207327 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY
« Reply #360 on: July 05, 2021, 03:39:27 PM »
A couple of links:

Although outdated now, this is an interesting list for who, what and where in terms of skateboard manufacturing companies and people

https://www.fysboard.com/worldwide-skateboard-manufacturers-list/

This was a curious one with info on the companies that make products from some of the bigger distros and brand names too

https://matchory.com/top-skateboard-manufacturing-companies

And a bit of fun

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:01:19 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

JK42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
« Reply #361 on: July 06, 2021, 01:49:04 AM »
Does anyone know which woodshop Jeremie Daclin's "Into the Wild" use...I assumed it would be DSM, with the Cliche connection, but then again maybe not. I didn't see them on the list.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #362 on: July 06, 2021, 02:21:32 AM »
Does anyone know which woodshop Jeremie Daclin's "Into the Wild" use...I assumed it would be DSM, with the Cliche connection, but then again maybe not. I didn't see them on the list.

I recall someone having the big boy board, saying they thought it was a Polar at first, same concave, so could be BBS.

Looking at their Instagram, I didn't see anything on top of the boards, so I wonder if it is the mellow mold from HLC.

Hi res top and bottom here:

https://www.sluggerskatestore.co.uk/collections/into-the-wild/products/into-the-wild-chet-childress-adul-skoorc-skateboard-deck-8-75

Maybe hit them up and they might answer, then you can let everyone know.

EDIT:

I found this one in the Big Boards thread and messaged him to ask too, and the other one too...

Jeremie Daclin / Into the wild Blender Tribute (just) 9” but figured you guys would appreciate it
Ace 55
56 / 99 Speedlab Slappy hour
Rib bones
Random hardware
Read and Destroy Sticker

Happy Feet

I pretty much completely hate myself, my weight, my body image issues, etc. so I figured I'd get a skateboard dedicated to it.

Into the Wild 9" tapering shape w/ Pontus Alv art.
Gold 55 Ace AF1s
56mm 99a Slime Ball Guts
Bronson G3s
Ace 7/8" Allen
Mob w/ a clear window for the top sheet.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 04:14:58 AM by Mbrimson88 »

JK42

« Reply #363 on: July 06, 2021, 04:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I recall someone having the big boy board, saying they thought it was a Polar at first, same concave, so could be BBS.

Looking at their Instagram, I didn't see anything on top of the boards, so I wonder if it is the mellow mold from HLC.

Hi res top and bottom here:

https://www.sluggerskatestore.co.uk/collections/into-the-wild/products/into-the-wild-chet-childress-adul-skoorc-skateboard-deck-8-75

Maybe hit them up and they might answer, then you can let everyone know.

EDIT:

I found this one in the Big Boards thread and messaged him to ask too, and the other one too...

Expand Quote

Jeremie Daclin / Into the wild Blender Tribute (just) 9” but figured you guys would appreciate it
Ace 55
56 / 99 Speedlab Slappy hour
Rib bones
Random hardware
Read and Destroy Sticker

Happy Feet
[close]

Expand Quote
I pretty much completely hate myself, my weight, my body image issues, etc. so I figured I'd get a skateboard dedicated to it.

Into the Wild 9" tapering shape w/ Pontus Alv art.
Gold 55 Ace AF1s
56mm 99a Slime Ball Guts
Bronson G3s
Ace 7/8" Allen
Mob w/ a clear window for the top sheet.

[close]

Plan, have just hit them up. Let's see if we get anything back :-)

Heesley

• Rep: 3
« Reply #364 on: July 06, 2021, 07:10:08 AM »
Thanks for this amazing collection. On our fast spinning globe skateboard brands are popping up/out of nowhere like mushrooms. I think we really need to pay attention to where our boards come from, even though we might not really care at the end... :D

It's remarkable to watch the asian skate scene boom. Finally skaters from China or Thailand or Indonesia and of course South Korea and Japan are about to be accepted in their countries :D Teams are founded here and there and brands are established with them or because of them. Nice!

I was guessing where "Preduce Skateboards" (brand from Thailand) and Santai Skateboards (brand from Indonesia/Malaysia) are made. They gain more popularity within the scene and Middle Europe. So they cannot be that crappy I suppose. Any idea if we can add them to one or the other woodshop or distributer of this thread?

JK42

« Reply #365 on: July 06, 2021, 09:00:24 AM »
"Into The Wild" have confirmed that they are DSM.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #366 on: July 06, 2021, 02:26:46 PM »
Thanks for this amazing collection. On our fast spinning globe skateboard brands are popping up/out of nowhere like mushrooms. I think we really need to pay attention to where our boards come from, even though we might not really care at the end... :D

It's remarkable to watch the asian skate scene boom. Finally skaters from China or Thailand or Indonesia and of course South Korea and Japan are about to be accepted in their countries :D Teams are founded here and there and brands are established with them or because of them. Nice!

I was guessing where "Preduce Skateboards" (brand from Thailand) and Santai Skateboards (brand from Indonesia/Malaysia) are made. They gain more popularity within the scene and Middle Europe. So they cannot be that crappy I suppose. Any idea if we can add them to one or the other woodshop or distributer of this thread?

Hi!

Yes, I am happy to help and add any to the list.

Do you know where they are from (woodshop) or have top pics with board markings / stamps / laser etching info?

Add any info, eg just put up the Instagram post or website link, or if unknown, I can add to the "Unknown" list so at least they are on there.

A few local brands are using unknown wood from China and people have said they like it and it skates well for them, so no worries there.

https://www.instagram.com/preduce_skateboards/

https://www.instagram.com/santai_skateboards/

"Into The Wild" have confirmed that they are DSM.

Ha yeah, I asked too. 

Dwindle it is. 

Must have thought he was being flooded.

List updated with Into the Wild.

Thanks for the help too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 02:57:31 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Heesley

« Reply #367 on: July 06, 2021, 04:31:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hi!

Do you know where they are from (woodshop) or have top pics with board markings / stamps / laser etching info?

Add any info, eg just put up the Instagram post or website link, or if unknown, I can add to the "Unknown" list so at least they are on there.

A few local brands are using unknown wood from China and people have said they like it and it skates well for them, so no worries there.

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome and offered help. Let’s see if those hashtags will tell you someting… on the pictures there you can see stickers and cards regarding a board component called “SHLTech+“. Maybe that helps.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQVooDsFPxI
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGaB4nAHqQt

Please enter/search for these tags for more pictures if needed:
#shltech
#shltechplus

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 11:52:12 PM by Heesley »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #368 on: July 06, 2021, 04:36:20 PM »

Curious about where this board comes from.
Is a brand from Chile which is not skater owned, quality seems to be decent enough and they're quite cheap.
Made in China for sure, just wonder from where specifically
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: July 07, 2021, 06:15:20 AM »
Is a brand from Chile which is not skater owned, quality seems to be decent enough and they're quite cheap.

Don't recall seeing that before - a "2" sort of upside down?

There are so many various boards coming out of who knows where (as you said, mostly China) but that looks more like a Clutch stamp, missing the letter and I doubt you would be riding anything as small as the usual boards with a 2 on them, eg S 2 is 7.625 wide as per previous page Clutch sheet.

I guess if you did buy it, you can stand on it to check if it feels like any other woodshop you have bought from, or see if the brand has any other info, or is willing to offer info via their contact page, Instagram or other social media, etc.

Often surprising how many do reply with which woodshop they use, which is nice.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #370 on: July 07, 2021, 06:23:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't recall seeing that before - a "2" sort of upside down?

There are so many various boards coming out of who knows where (as you said, mostly China) but that looks more like a Clutch stamp, missing the letter and I doubt you would be riding anything as small as the usual boards with a 2 on them, eg S 2 is 7.625 wide as per previous page Clutch sheet.

I guess if you did buy it, you can stand on it to check if it feels like any other woodshop you have bought from, or see if the brand has any other info, or is willing to offer info via their contact page, Instagram or other social media, etc.

Often surprising how many do reply with which woodshop they use, which is nice.
I also thought but could be Clutch, never skated one but quality seems ok-ish. Thing is that they sell them really cheap so I can't imagine they would be making that much profit.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #371 on: July 07, 2021, 09:02:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Hi!

[close]

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome and offered help. Let’s see if those hashtags will tell you someting… on the pictures there you can see stickers and cards regarding a board component called “SHLTech+“. Maybe that helps.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQVooDsFPxI
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGaB4nAHqQt

Please enter/search for these tags for more pictures if needed:
#shltech
#shltechplus

@Heesley - thank you for bringing up Preduce, as a fellow Asian I appreciate their Thai inspired graphics and their team / videos are the best. I assume it's definitely China wood but from a top tier woodshop; unless you're an industry insider from China I doubt we could accurately track all of them. 90% of boards from China woodshops follow a standard dimension of 8 x 31.6 x 14 so local brands like DBH, Doggies, Justice and some "Euro" brands (BDskateco, Droshky, Nomad) follow these dimensions. Preduce does more sizes (8.125, 8.25, 8.38, 8.5) with longer lengths, so my guess is one of the less popular woodshops in China.

@Mbrimson88 mentioned Excel woodshop in the past and they may do boards for some Australian brands and ones with the carbon fiber inserts.

Santai could be pressed in Malaysia, I know 1 local brand that uses a local woodshop, or maybe they just bring 1000s of blanks in from China and screen the graphics on.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Heesley

« Reply #372 on: July 07, 2021, 12:02:29 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

@Heesley - thank you for bringing up Preduce, as a fellow Asian I appreciate their Thai inspired graphics and their team / videos are the best. I assume it's definitely China wood but from a top tier woodshop; unless you're an industry insider from China I doubt we could accurately track all of them. 90% of boards from China woodshops follow a standard dimension of 8 x 31.6 x 14 so local brands like DBH, Doggies, Justice and some "Euro" brands (BDskateco, Droshky, Nomad) follow these dimensions. Preduce does more sizes (8.125, 8.25, 8.38, 8.5) with longer lengths, so my guess is one of the less popular woodshops in China.

@Mbrimson88 mentioned Excel woodshop in the past and they may do boards for some Australian brands and ones with the carbon fiber inserts.

Santai could be pressed in Malaysia, I know 1 local brand that uses a local woodshop, or maybe they just bring 1000s of blanks in from China and screen the graphics on.

@rocklobster
I'm happy I'm not alone. Preduce is well-known actually and their decks are sold throughout Asia. Like mentioned before, even Europe discovered their brand a few years ago, they have retailers in Switzerland, UK, the Netherlands... so, I also guess, they must have at least good quality woods from China. One of my friends purchased two of their decks and he is really happy. He told me they confirmed China. So we can list them for now as "China" but unknown. They started 2002 or something, I guess. I also think they let their decks produce from one of the top teir woodshop there. Which of those we know can handle the fiber carbon ply? Santa Cruz is doing such things. Dwindle? No way LOL. Sure, you're right, quite difficult to track them all back. But I see a good chance. Let's try! We all love their graphics influenced by Thai culture. They are doing great. They also offer 8" width and 31.75" length and 14" WB (my friend's deck). But you mentioned "less popular woodshops in China"... but which of the less popular ones from China can deal with fiber carbon ply and epoxy resin glue at the same time  ;D Excel Woodshop??? Hmmm...

Regarding Santai, they are still quite unknown but skating scene is growing fast, just to mention Bali.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 11:35:53 PM by Heesley »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #373 on: July 07, 2021, 09:41:28 PM »

Found this woodshop closer to you...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #374 on: July 09, 2021, 12:24:38 PM »
Was thinking about Cleaver, anybody knows where they come from? I would say HCL because of location
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2021, 12:35:12 PM »
The cleaver website says made in mexico. And I think I remember Diego said in his (slam city?) interview they are made in mexico now.

Edit, found the interview:
https://blog.slamcity.com/catch-up-with-diego-bucchieri/

He said, he uses one of the three biggest manus in mexico. Whichever that is.
IG: @flowterspace

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2021, 01:49:26 PM »
^ gnar for you sir.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2021, 04:14:43 PM »
The cleaver website says made in mexico. And I think I remember Diego said in his (slam city?) interview they are made in mexico now.

Edit, found the interview:
https://blog.slamcity.com/catch-up-with-diego-bucchieri/

He said, he uses one of the three biggest manus in mexico. Whichever that is.

BBS, PS Stix or ASF / Clutch then.

Makes sense if he still has the connections, etc.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2021, 09:06:02 PM »
Is Clutch/ASF lead-time still a year plus??

wheee!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2021, 01:59:37 AM »

Jesus

These woodshops must be killing it if the wait time is that long. Covid or not

When I ran a record label we used to have really long wait times for vinyl to get pressed. A year +
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 845
« Reply #380 on: July 11, 2021, 05:40:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jesus

These woodshops must be killing it if the wait time is that long. Covid or not

When I ran a record label we used to have really long wait times for vinyl to get pressed. A year +

Its entirely down to covid. BBS was pressing 7000-10000 decks a day and I'm guessing PS and asf are up there too. Mexico had some serious covid issues and some of the shops were basically shut down for weeks and even after re-opening had to deal with manpower shortages and precautions interfering with work flow, so you can imagine what the backlog is like. Aside from that, the actual raw materials they use like veneer have had supply chain issues and have sometimes been hard to come by. Then there's also logistics issues, and to top it all off when the pandemic hit board sales exploded. So you basically had higher demand for a product that was being produced more slowly and in lesser quantities, which made the backlog even worse.

Even smaller US shops like SC have much longer production times right now. It does seem like there's a ton of wood in the shops now which means that demand has leveled out, production has increased, or both. The market will regulate itself eventually, but I think its still going to be a while before its back to pre-pandemic levels.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
Re: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2021 +
« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2021, 11:33:46 PM »
How long have the BBS pressed boards had the hologram sticker on it? Saw it for the first time today.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2021, 01:40:48 AM »
How long have the BBS pressed boards had the hologram sticker on it? Saw it for the first time today.

What was it on, as in which brand or any other info (I am always too curious)?

I had to go back and check their site for info:

https://bbsmfg.com/2021/05/15/bbs-made-authentic-sticker/

MAY 15, 2021
BBS Made Authentic Sticker
Keep an eye out for this sticker. If you board has this sticker, you can be 100% positive BBS built this board using 100% pure hard rock maple. No birch or soft maple allowed!!

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2021, 02:17:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

MAY 15, 2021
Keep an eye out for this sticker. If you board has this sticker, you can be 100% positive BBS built this board using 100% pure hard rock maple. No birch or soft maple allowed!!

Yep, that's the sticker. Was on a Hockey 8.44 from last weeks drop.

Heesley

« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2021, 09:18:59 AM »

MAY 15, 2021

Is there btw sth similar for PS Stix, a mark, a sign, a scratch or sth else reliable to make sure the PS stix board in my hands is definitely a „Professor-made“ one?

Thanks for any hint.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 09:50:56 AM by Heesley »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2021, 09:54:24 AM »
Expand Quote

MAY 15, 2021

[close]

Is there btw sth similar for PS Stix, a mark, a sign, a scratch or sth else reliable to make sure the PS stix board in my hands is definitely a „Professor-made“ one?

Thanks for any hint.

Usually PS Stix has a laser etched serial number and the number will start with PS.

Heesley

« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2021, 11:27:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

MAY 15, 2021

[close]

Thanks for any hint.
[close]

Usually PS Stix has a laser etched serial number and the number will start with PS.

Then I’d better be relieved!  ;D I assumed those marks are also subject to copy… ? But, sure, you can definitely asked Mr Smitt directly. Thanks mate!

boogs

« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2021, 11:31:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

MAY 15, 2021

I’ve seen the bbs sticker on baker, birdhouse, deathwish and heroin.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2021, 03:34:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

MAY 15, 2021

[close]

Thanks for any hint.
[close]

[close]

Then I’d better be relieved!  ;D I assumed those marks are also subject to copy… ? But, sure, you can definitely asked Mr Smitt directly. Thanks mate!
Don't forget to do it like a man
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2021, 05:17:35 PM »
What are people's feelings about PS Stix atm? I know in the past people have said they are quite soggy after time. But the professor was on the Nine Club and is knowledge intrigues me. I thought with his know how and exposure in the scene, he'd be pumping out solid decks
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect