Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2021 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 204527 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2021, 08:00:58 PM »
Still more woodshops coming up when I search, this one being Madrid, from about the same time I started crawling...

Madrid Skateboard Factory

Madrid Skateboard Factory🛹
🌴Huntington Beach CA
⚙️#ShapingSkateboarding Since 1976
🎬As Seen in #BackToTheFuture & @StrangerThingsTV📺
Made in USA
👇Shop our factory store
madridskateboards.com

https://www.instagram.com/p/COL2Yaor1nG/
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Dan_562

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2021, 08:28:11 PM »
Madrid's old factory was near me back in the day (89-90?). There was a crack about deck wide between their neighboring building, and my friends crawled thru and found blemished decks in their trash can, hahaha.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2021, 07:12:03 AM »
Expand Quote
just got a couple UMA decks from spanish distributor and they had the "made in china" sticker on them. Distribution guy confirmed me they're actually made in Excel somewhere in china. Board skates great though. Don't know if this is going on for the "out of usa" ones or the whole production.
[close]

Definitely BBS in USA from what I have heard and in Australia - seen and stood on them here - so that is interesting that the market there has Excel wood, Europe is it?

Is the concave more mellow or steep, kicks spooned or flat, if you know what I mean, or compared to any other known woodshop in the feel of the board?

Curious more than anything, but I know Excel have made a lot of the carbon / mixed material boards for other brands too (which hold up really well and people like skating).

despìte both being the same dimensions (width-lenght-wb) them both feel completelyh different

- maite-taped model: nose and tail definetly have the "concave"/spoon feel as some BBS i've had in the past (actually i was coming from a Black Label 8.25 and couldn't tell a big difference. Maybe just lenght wise.

- full dip ("hand model"): flatter over all and kicks with no concave (closer to some price points enjoi's i've had in the past)

can't tell this is happening all around erope but at least france/spain/portugal it is, since it's the same distribution
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:32:38 AM by Mcidraque »

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2021, 09:37:04 PM »
Does anyone happen to know the full dims of Chapman blank 8.2s and 8.1s? Thinking about grabbing some blanks since I’m on a budget but don’t want to risk ending up with a board I hate

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2021, 10:30:31 PM »
Does anyone happen to know the full dims of Chapman blank 8.2s and 8.1s? Thinking about grabbing some blanks since I’m on a budget but don’t want to risk ending up with a board I hate

People had said Chapman (who are not making boards anymore) are getting their boards from Clutch but I would be curious to know if this is still the case and what they do have for sale.

I follow their Instagram, but haven't heard or seen much from them really.

Have you hit them up on their website or other media?

http://www.chapmanskateboards.com/

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2021, 02:11:17 AM »

They're clutch blanks so it varies depending on what shape. The 8.2 O shape (the square shape) is around 31.5/31.6 and 14.25 while some of the more standard Popsicles are 31.8 or 32 and can be 14.25 or 14.5 depending on shape.

If you're on a budget and don't mind lightly used boards shoot me a PM with what you like and where you're located and I'll see what I can do. I skate 8.1/8.2 and am currently trying to whittle down my unreasonably large stock of decks.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2021, 06:00:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're clutch blanks so it varies depending on what shape. The 8.2 O shape (the square shape) is around 31.5/31.6 and 14.25 while some of the more standard Popsicles are 31.8 or 32 and can be 14.25 or 14.5 depending on shape.

If you're on a budget and don't mind lightly used boards shoot me a PM with what you like and where you're located and I'll see what I can do. I skate 8.1/8.2 and am currently trying to whittle down my unreasonably large stock of decks.

From a recent-ish conversation about the sizing on the Clutch blanks that they're using:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone know the wheelbase on the 8.3 or 8.5 deck?  I’ve emailed and took it to Insta like a man.

https://newyorkskateboards.com/products/blank-skateboard?variant=36930531819692
[close]

Glenn Chapman sent me this a couple years ago. Same dimensions since they switched to Clutch AFAIK.

[close]

Thank you so much!!

Edit. I just got an email and they must have changed some dims. I already ordered so I’m gonna skate them ha.I’ll live ha.

Click on it to see the whole chart

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2021, 08:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

From a recent-ish conversation about the sizing on the Clutch blanks that they're using:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone know the wheelbase on the 8.3 or 8.5 deck?  I’ve emailed and took it to Insta like a man.

https://newyorkskateboards.com/products/blank-skateboard?variant=36930531819692
[close]

Glenn Chapman sent me this a couple years ago. Same dimensions since they switched to Clutch AFAIK.

[close]

Thank you so much!!

Edit. I just got an email and they must have changed some dims. I already ordered so I’m gonna skate them ha.I’ll live ha.

Click on it to see the whole chart
[close]

Much appreciated for all the info! PM’d you @Buttfart

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2021, 10:09:57 AM »
Nice pic of the top of an Uma deck courtesy of Jef Hartsel. Which woodshop is this?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2021, 10:27:22 AM »
Nice pic of the top of an Uma deck courtesy of Jef Hartsel. Which woodshop is this?

First post of first page gets updated and Uma is BBS according to that.

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2021, 12:25:09 PM »
Still more woodshops coming up when I search, this one being Madrid, from about the same time I started crawling...

Madrid Skateboard Factory

Madrid Skateboard Factory🛹
🌴Huntington Beach CA
⚙️#ShapingSkateboarding Since 1976
🎬As Seen in #BackToTheFuture & @StrangerThingsTV📺
Made in USA
👇Shop our factory store
madridskateboards.com

https://www.instagram.com/p/COL2Yaor1nG/

In addition to their own boards, they also make masters and jigs for other brands.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2021, 02:20:19 AM »
Dunno how I missed this one but there appear to be some clutch wknd boards on the market. Not the new ones (those are PS) but rather the run before that where I think they reran some old graphics. Just noticed it while perusing the Zumiez site (which oddly enough is one of the better places to get info since they take actual top pics.. Definitely don't trust their listed measurements though, they're usually wrong).

SHHHH,ITSDONE

• Rep: -8
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2021, 01:58:08 PM »
IS
Does PS Stix have a smoking dog wearing a hat stamp on top sheet between front bolts, made in Mexico?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2021, 03:20:56 PM »
IS
Does PS Stix have a smoking dog wearing a hat stamp on top sheet between front bolts, made in Mexico?
A smoking dog?
I don’t know what shop that is, but can I get a picture?
A dog smoking? What a lark!
Whatever will those wacky skateboarders dream up next?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2021, 03:24:16 PM »
Expand Quote
IS
[close]
A smoking dog?

It sounds a lot cooler than it is. I like the idea of a side view of a Labrador smoking a pipe wearing a trucker hat.

But no, it is actually Snoopy's cousin Spike, and it is not woodshop specific but an FA logo that is on all their boards.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2021, 06:46:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
IS
[close]
A smoking dog?
[close]

It sounds a lot cooler than it is. I like the idea of a side view of a Labrador smoking a pipe wearing a trucker hat.

But no, it is actually Snoopy's cousin Spike, and it is not woodshop specific but an FA logo that is on all their boards.

I was thinking some one would give the correct answer, and you did.

Yes that is the same on PS Stix (older) and BBS (newer) wood, both have Made in Mexico too, but PS wood has SN# PS19393930 on it too.

I had pics of both of those somewhere, but couldn't tell you where right this minute.

Here is the generic PS Stix top to show anyway.

SHHHH,ITSDONE

« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2021, 07:14:10 PM »
Sure thing,

Let me get my whiz snapper and, VOILA! Smoking Dog, lasered on I think:

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2021, 07:17:56 PM »
Sure thing,

Ha, yeah that is the one.

BBS wood for sure.

SHHHH,ITSDONE

« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2021, 07:22:25 PM »
Sure thing,

...So BBS I take it, due to no serial#s?
Guess thats okay, was kinda hoping to give PS Stix a go to switch it up, been on REAL for many moons.

SHHHH,ITSDONE

« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Sure thing,

[close]

Ha, yeah that is the one.

BBS wood for sure.
Thanks M8!...Guess its the professor thing ;) and the history of Paul's that makes me think his shop would be better than BBS...?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2021, 07:31:49 PM »
I think The skateboard factory aka customskateboards.com should also be added. They have their own factory in Huntington beach

Their boards are pretty good. Also if you ever bit the bullet on some weird promo board from an event or band, they probably made it.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2021, 07:48:09 PM »
I think The skateboard factory aka customskateboards.com should also be added. They have their own factory in Huntington beach

Their boards are pretty good. Also if you ever bit the bullet on some weird promo board from an event or band, they probably made it.

Added - thanks!

Some others I have looked up seem like they have a lot going on, but don't actually make the boards themselves, so are only a reseller of where ever they get the boards from, so I hadn't put them on the list, even though others have sent a DM about them or similar things.

It is amazing how many people and places actually make boards, but I also wonder on what scale some are, compared to the X thousand each day to the maybe X thousand a year if that.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2021, 10:47:54 PM »
Sure thing,

That dog is Spike. Snoopy’s brother. I’m going back to 1980 with that memory.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2021, 11:20:40 PM »
Sure thing,

This is 100% BBS, already answered before and your deck is a FA.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2021, 09:49:41 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Blvd-Skateboards-Transit-Montoya-8-Inch/dp/B00LEG5LOO/ref=lp_9379366011_1_7?s=specialty-aps

The pangs of nostalgia got me thinking of Listen / BLVD skateboards. Ownership changed hands recently but I'm looking at the older models with Supa, Toya, Peterson and Gonzalez. Anyone know which shop does boards with 2 alignment dots? And what are the general dims / board shape?

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2021, 11:27:13 AM »
Not the two dots but the marks below it vaguely look like a Clutch shape number.

SHHHH,ITSDONE

« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2021, 08:22:31 PM »
Thanks to all the replies.
I was hoping it would have been a PS Stix older FA, wanted to see what they were like; BBS I know and its my standard.
...Snoops cousin, ha! Dill is such a pickle.

Kneesles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2021, 08:50:54 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Blvd-Skateboards-Transit-Montoya-8-Inch/dp/B00LEG5LOO/ref=lp_9379366011_1_7?s=specialty-aps

The pangs of nostalgia got me thinking of Listen / BLVD skateboards. Ownership changed hands recently but I'm looking at the older models with Supa, Toya, Peterson and Gonzalez. Anyone know which shop does boards with 2 alignment dots? And what are the general dims / board shape?

That's a clutch deck. I was riding BLVD decks for a bit and they used to be clutch decks, the 8.375 was always the S7 shape that Stereo and Birdhouse used to use but the last 8.25 i picked up last summer was from a different wood shop. I'm guessing it was a china deck. It had a lot more concave in both the kicks and mid section and had 8.25 stamped in the center of the rear truck mount. I haven't gotten around to skating it since i was on a mellow deck kick for a while but seemed like it wasn't as nice as the clutch wood, not as dry/crisp... I honestly have had great experiences with clutch decks, they seem to hold up a little better than the bbs boards i've been riding lately. I swear they get stronger as they age too.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2021, 11:34:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's a clutch deck. I was riding BLVD decks for a bit and they used to be clutch decks, the 8.375 was always the S7 shape that Stereo and Birdhouse used to use but the last 8.25 i picked up last summer was from a different wood shop. I'm guessing it was a china deck. It had a lot more concave in both the kicks and mid section and had 8.25 stamped in the center of the rear truck mount. I haven't gotten around to skating it since i was on a mellow deck kick for a while but seemed like it wasn't as nice as the clutch wood, not as dry/crisp... I honestly have had great experiences with clutch decks, they seem to hold up a little better than the bbs boards i've been riding lately. I swear they get stronger as they age too.

I know they Rob G sold the brand off late last year, it's being run out of Brazil now I believe and they do boards with a fiberglass top laminate. These were definitely flatter all across, not my first choice of board.

The ones I'm looking at are the older ones when the US team was still on. But thanks for the insight on the Clutch decks, I'll check out their IG for the dims on the 8.125 & 8.25
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2021, 02:54:19 AM »
Updated the list with a few more.

I had BLVD listed as Woodchuck, so not sure when that was from.