Author Topic: Carnivore Diet!  (Read 2024 times)

Giftedly Hater’d

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 414
Re: Carnivore Diet!
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2023, 05:09:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Man, I feel like now more than ever especially on social media all these different "gurus" and whatnot are pushing different kinds of diets and there are so many anectodes from people claiming this or that diet changed their life. It can be overwhelming. I don't subscribe to any diet dogma, I just listen to my brain and body.

I lost 70lbs in 7 months and counting, literally from diet alone and not even going to a gym for one second. I eat grass fed ground beef, steak, dry pork ribs, butter, and all types of fruit. Recently started incorporating organic white rice and I noticed some improvements including sleeping more soundly. So I learned carbs are also my friend. I have never felt better in my life and when it comes to skating, it drastically improved not being inflamed and fat from eating like shit. I still drink plenty of coffee, but just black or I'll put some butter or ghee in it. It definitely has an antidepressant effect and keeps me alert and engaged. And yeah, my shits are perfectly smooth and healthy 2-3 times a day.
[close]

Yeah that's awesome. The weight loss thing is unreal. It's been dropping off me as my body is no longer trying to burn carbs for energy and has converted to fats. I look forward to introducing new things to my diet in the future.  As for mental clarity it's better than it's ever been. 20 years of antidepressants is finally feeling like it is no longer needed.
[close]

Extremely irresponsible to suggest shit like this. Let alone the goofy all meat shit which has been proven to be a scam put forth by "alpha male" influencer types.
[close]
What if I said that I have been two weeks off the booze and drugs. Would you stand up and clap like on Oprah? I'm not pushing shit on anyone .
[close]

That's why i said suggest. It's irresponsible to suggest that eating only meat would mean you don't need anti depressants.
[close]

Lol how is that irresponsible? Diet plays a massive part in mental health. If a carnivore diet works for someone then good for them, I would bet a lot of money that you wouldn't say anything if someone was to say that going vegan cured their depression and helped them get off anti-depressants. Really cool of you to support the huge big pharma anti-depressant industry though, with the complete lack of evidence that SSRIs actually do anything it's really helpful to have guys like you around
[close]

You're really dense. I most certainly would say something if they said they didn't need their meds simply because they're on some wacky new diet. Also my partner probably wouldn't be alive today if she didn't take antidepressants. It's not something that you magically cure, but having meds has certainly helped her.
[close]

But it's not a 'wacky new diet'. The reason why carnivore diets work is because they eliminate all potential inflammatory foods. Gut health is very strongly linked to mental health, and it's hard to think of a diet that is more alien and inflammatory to a person of northern European descent than the modern American diet.

The severe depression I suffered from in my teens and early 20s was 'magically cured' by giving up gluten, or at least it coincidentally disappeared once I completely cut gluten out of my diet. I have Celiac's disease. Maybe your partner suffers from something similar and changing her diet would work for her and she could get off her meds.
[close]

If you’re going cite history, cite all of it. Human’s have been around for 2 million years, and in Northern Europe for only about 50,000 of those. And while I don’t have any problem believing that their diet was more meat heavy than some of their global contemporaries, it was undoubtedly still very omnivorous. Also keep in mind that their life expectancy was more or less half of what we enjoy today so something like the colon cancer someone today would run a very high risk of on an all/near-all meat diet wouldn’t have been of any concern. 

And for the earlier arguments about the ethics and land-use ethics of producing animal vs plant calories at scale, that’s not something that should even be up for debate at this point. Absolute no-brainer.

Do what you want, but try to not kid yourself or spread bullshit to others about it.
[close]

I'm not going to 'cite all of history' because I am of completely northern European descent so that is all that is relevant to me when it comes to health and diet. My ancestors adapted to a diet where most of their calories came from meat and dairy while vegetables were very limited in the colder parts of the year and the vegetables, fruits and grains that make up the modern American diet weren't even available, ie corn, tomatoes, wheat, oranges, etc.
[close]

What I’m saying is fifty thousand years isn’t a very long period of time (and honestly you chop the last 8-10k off of that for the agricultural revolution) for the evolutionary adaptations to have been made to the degree you seem to be implying.  They survived and endured, obviously, but to claim some sort of genetic heritage disposes you to that diet is shit… dense, hard, infrequent, painful shit.
[close]

Why not? It's much harder to survive in a cold climate which means more evolutionary pressure. Obviously the evolutionary adaption DID happen because Europeans are far less likely to be lactose intolerant than any other race of people.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Man, I feel like now more than ever especially on social media all these different "gurus" and whatnot are pushing different kinds of diets and there are so many anectodes from people claiming this or that diet changed their life. It can be overwhelming. I don't subscribe to any diet dogma, I just listen to my brain and body.

I lost 70lbs in 7 months and counting, literally from diet alone and not even going to a gym for one second. I eat grass fed ground beef, steak, dry pork ribs, butter, and all types of fruit. Recently started incorporating organic white rice and I noticed some improvements including sleeping more soundly. So I learned carbs are also my friend. I have never felt better in my life and when it comes to skating, it drastically improved not being inflamed and fat from eating like shit. I still drink plenty of coffee, but just black or I'll put some butter or ghee in it. It definitely has an antidepressant effect and keeps me alert and engaged. And yeah, my shits are perfectly smooth and healthy 2-3 times a day.
[close]

Yeah that's awesome. The weight loss thing is unreal. It's been dropping off me as my body is no longer trying to burn carbs for energy and has converted to fats. I look forward to introducing new things to my diet in the future.  As for mental clarity it's better than it's ever been. 20 years of antidepressants is finally feeling like it is no longer needed.
[close]

Extremely irresponsible to suggest shit like this. Let alone the goofy all meat shit which has been proven to be a scam put forth by "alpha male" influencer types.
[close]
What if I said that I have been two weeks off the booze and drugs. Would you stand up and clap like on Oprah? I'm not pushing shit on anyone .
[close]

That's why i said suggest. It's irresponsible to suggest that eating only meat would mean you don't need anti depressants.
[close]

Lol how is that irresponsible? Diet plays a massive part in mental health. If a carnivore diet works for someone then good for them, I would bet a lot of money that you wouldn't say anything if someone was to say that going vegan cured their depression and helped them get off anti-depressants. Really cool of you to support the huge big pharma anti-depressant industry though, with the complete lack of evidence that SSRIs actually do anything it's really helpful to have guys like you around
[close]

You're really dense. I most certainly would say something if they said they didn't need their meds simply because they're on some wacky new diet. Also my partner probably wouldn't be alive today if she didn't take antidepressants. It's not something that you magically cure, but having meds has certainly helped her.
[close]

But it's not a 'wacky new diet'. The reason why carnivore diets work is because they eliminate all potential inflammatory foods. Gut health is very strongly linked to mental health, and it's hard to think of a diet that is more alien and inflammatory to a person of northern European descent than the modern American diet.

The severe depression I suffered from in my teens and early 20s was 'magically cured' by giving up gluten, or at least it coincidentally disappeared once I completely cut gluten out of my diet. I have Celiac's disease. Maybe your partner suffers from something similar and changing her diet would work for her and she could get off her meds.
[close]

If you’re going cite history, cite all of it. Human’s have been around for 2 million years, and in Northern Europe for only about 50,000 of those. And while I don’t have any problem believing that their diet was more meat heavy than some of their global contemporaries, it was undoubtedly still very omnivorous. Also keep in mind that their life expectancy was more or less half of what we enjoy today so something like the colon cancer someone today would run a very high risk of on an all/near-all meat diet wouldn’t have been of any concern. 

And for the earlier arguments about the ethics and land-use ethics of producing animal vs plant calories at scale, that’s not something that should even be up for debate at this point. Absolute no-brainer.

Do what you want, but try to not kid yourself or spread bullshit to others about it.
[close]

I'm not going to 'cite all of history' because I am of completely northern European descent so that is all that is relevant to me when it comes to health and diet. My ancestors adapted to a diet where most of their calories came from meat and dairy while vegetables were very limited in the colder parts of the year and the vegetables, fruits and grains that make up the modern American diet weren't even available, ie corn, tomatoes, wheat, oranges, etc.
[close]
You're just making shit up at this point. And I think it's more than obvious what you're getting at with the "northern European descent" nonsense talking point.
[close]

What am I getting at? Do you think I'm a racist for acknowledging my European genes are different to the genes of an Asian or African?

I think you’re conflating regional variations and environmental/exposure driven gut health (bacteria, enzymes, etc.) with genetic evolution.  And if you’re going to own the aversion to LI (again this largely nurture not nature), own the higher rates of heart disease too.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2023, 12:02:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What I’m saying is fifty thousand years isn’t a very long period of time (and honestly you chop the last 8-10k off of that for the agricultural revolution) for the evolutionary adaptations to have been made to the degree you seem to be implying.  They survived and endured, obviously, but to claim some sort of genetic heritage disposes you to that diet is shit… dense, hard, infrequent, painful shit.
[close]

Why not? It's much harder to survive in a cold climate which means more evolutionary pressure. Obviously the evolutionary adaption DID happen because Europeans are far less likely to be lactose intolerant than any other race of people.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You're just making shit up at this point. And I think it's more than obvious what you're getting at with the "northern European descent" nonsense talking point.
[close]

What am I getting at? Do you think I'm a racist for acknowledging my European genes are different to the genes of an Asian or African?
[close]

I think you’re conflating regional variations and environmental/exposure driven gut health (bacteria, enzymes, etc.) with genetic evolution.  And if you’re going to own the aversion to LI (again this largely nurture not nature), own the higher rates of heart disease too.
Whether or not this person truly believes it, this is rooted in some weird European superior race theory that has no basis in any actual fact. Of course they can't say what they want directly, so they have to make shit up like they evolved to drink dairy and eat eggs and meat. There is no scientific evidence that supports any of the claims, of course, which becomes evidence that it's true. This is not normal behavior. It teeters on the edge of...well, it's pumped out by right wing charlatans. What more is there to say?

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2023, 12:11:06 AM »

Yeah. It's a problem you have and are going to continue to have.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2023, 05:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Whether or not this person truly believes it, this is rooted in some weird European superior race theory that has no basis in any actual fact. Of course they can't say what they want directly, so they have to make shit up like they evolved to drink dairy and eat eggs and meat. There is no scientific evidence that supports any of the claims, of course, which becomes evidence that it's true. This is not normal behavior. It teeters on the edge of...well, it's pumped out by right wing charlatans. What more is there to say?

I’m not reading this but I like the shape of the quote turd you two have produced here, keep on pushing!

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2023, 06:07:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't think he got sick. Maybe he got sick of it. He supposedly did it to support his daughter.  Who cured her I'll health with it.
[close]
They both ended up in the hospital and there is nothing to substantiate any of their claims for how this diet helped them and there is no reputable doctor that recommends such a diet. Dr. Peterson seems to have come completely unglued after his benzo episode and an apparent overwhelming sense of impending doom brought on by...cider.
[close]

Try Dr.Paul Mason or Dr. Anthony Chaffee.

He said reputable sources.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2023, 10:40:19 AM »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2023, 10:58:06 AM »

Came here to post some Vegan Reich but this will do as well.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2023, 03:41:52 PM »
I don't believe in extreme diets like this carnivore thing for long term use, but I do believe it could be a good elimination diet.  I have a skin problem cause by yeast overgrowth, and I'm at my breaking point with it.  Some stuff I read is to go with a diet like the carnivore diet to starve the yeast since they feed on sugars and carbs.  Once you can get the overgrowth under control, you can then start adding stuff to your diet that won't cause the overgrowth to return.  Lately I've cleaned up my diet as much as possible to see if that works, but if not, I'm going to try the carnivore thing for 3 weeks. 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2023, 09:56:20 PM »
If you don't eat vegetables, then how do you get ranch dressing into your mouth?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2023, 10:16:15 PM »
If you don't eat vegetables, then how do you get ranch dressing into your mouth?
Ranch dressing is just what they renamed bull semen so it's technically ok for the carnivore diet (assuming they use traditional recipe)

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2023, 10:17:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ranch dressing is just what they renamed bull semen so it's technically ok for the carnivore diet (assuming they use traditional recipe)

Ranch dressing comes directly from the udder of the female cow. You should take a class on bovine reproduction.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2023, 10:28:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ranch dressing comes directly from the udder of the female cow. You should take a class on bovine reproduction.
You've been fooled by an extensive marketing campaign. Ranch hands of the old west couldn't get enough of that hot bull batter. What could be more manly?