Author Topic: Don’t ask don’t tell  (Read 1336 times)

skippersoldballs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 72
Re: Don’t ask don’t tell
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2023, 05:14:45 PM »
Love letter to y'all

Everyone knows I love slap. It was my second favorite mag too as a kid behind Power Edge. I'm still livid that my slap one is missing.

I've met a few pals irl. It's always a pleasure. It definitely the biggest benefit of leaving lurker status behind.

Orchard was the first place to lmk they knew I started slapping and stopped lurking. Someone said I'd gnar you if I could.
Think it might have been in a note via an order. They sent me a replacement truck without me asking for it based on a shoes and gear post. 
I know it sounds like nothing but it was one of the best things to ever happen to me in skating. The timing was stellar. I was definitely in a dark dark place when I first rejoined slap and actual street skating. Them saying hey I see you was cool af. Sending the truck was kinda like heart mending. I can't think of a better term.

I fucking love orchard. They made me feel like I made the right choice in getting all the way back into this thing. I feel like I have a tribe outside of punk again.

I love it when pals say hi irl. Ive never had buds like this. I've always been hated. Or felt hated.

(I'm getting picked up to skate rn too! But I gotta tell you this)

I fucking love you all. We are tribe all the way. I need you to know this. I don't want anyone to feel the way I felt for 30 something years. If it wasn't for pals and slap I'd be in a bad bad place still.

It's ok to remain silent too. Just a wave or nod in the streets is good enough in the real world.

Gtg. I love you all. I owe you this feeling. I hope I can get you there. Say hi anytime irl. We can roll. Go to a show. Perhaps we can go swimming. I haven't done that in about 8 years I think.

I'm not down to do graffiti tho. I'm still hated AF there. Ask around. They hate me pure
Hope to meet ya someday pal

skippersoldballs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 72
Re: Don’t ask don’t tell
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2023, 05:17:25 PM »
You’ll never know it’s me though