Author Topic: Free Product You Wouldn't Even Use  (Read 7881 times)

GuessAgain?

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 57
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Free Product You Wouldn't Even Use
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2021, 05:01:35 PM »
Any long ass decks, I like em short as possible. I won a free deck that was way too out of my length range and sold it at my local, no point in me setting it up and breaking it in just to know I want rid straight away.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2021, 05:13:07 PM »
mob

pick a side, grip wars have begun

Would have to sand that shit down first...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2021, 05:15:42 PM »

Same with trucks.  Who cares at this point.

I couldn't wear anything with the word "Supreme" on it, unless it was by Powell Peralta.  If it was raining and they offered me a Supreme raincoat I would probably think about it so long I would already be soaked so it wouldn't matter.

What about you?

So you would think twice about a jacket with a word on it before batting an eye at a piece of equipment that actually affects your skating? interesting.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2021, 05:18:04 PM »
Anything other than white wheels.

I can't stand wheels in crazy colors, especially wheels with swirls n shit. shit looks gross.

haydtang

• Rep: -20
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2021, 05:18:59 PM »
any wheel that isnt a spitty formula 4  :-X

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2021, 05:24:30 PM »
Bronson bearings
I need a coffee

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -203
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2021, 05:29:05 PM »
anything Alien/Habitat

not my thing, i’d sell it

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2021, 05:57:58 PM »
I was at a contest or some skate event in Pacific Beach down by the rollercoaster one time and they did a free product toss.

When they threw out a deck, the kid who caught it looked like the little feral kid from "Mad Max: The Road Warrior" with the boomerang or, like, the kid from "The Lost Boys" or some shit, just some short kid, with ratty, uneven long-hair, wearing a jean jacket vest with a bunch of pins and patches on it.

So he was struggling with three other boys over the deck. And once the feral kid managed to shake them of it, he got down in a crouch and pivoted in a circle to face each boy surrounding him, while protecting his new deck and making a loud growling/hissing noise at them.

Then what I assume was the feral kid's mom (I recollect her also having ratty long hair, just being a tad taller and chubbier) came up to get the feral kid's back and started barking that blah-blah-blah noise that the Tazmanian Devil cartoon character makes.

Once the three boys finally backed of and gave up, the feral kid and his mom just stormed of and got the fuck up out of there.

I probably wouldn't wear a Neff beanie.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2021, 05:59:18 PM »
Y'all trippin. Bring on the free shit

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2021, 06:04:44 PM »
I was at a contest or some skate event in Pacific Beach down by the rollercoaster one time and they did a free product toss.

When they threw out a deck, the kid who caught it looked like the little feral kid from "Mad Max: The Road Warrior" with the boomerang or, like, the kid from "The Lost Boys" or some shit, just some short kid, with ratty, uneven long-hair, wearing a jean jacket vest with a bunch of pins and patches on it.

So he was struggling with three other boys over the deck. And once the feral kid managed to shake them of it, he got down in a crouch and pivoted in a circle to face each boy surrounding him, while protecting his new deck and making a loud growling/hissing noise at them.

Then what I assume was the feral kid's mom (I recollect her also having ratty long hair, just being a tad taller and chubbier) came up to get the feral kid's back and started barking that blah-blah-blah noise that the Tazmanian Devil cartoon character makes.

Once the three boys finally backed of and gave up, the feral kid and his mom just stormed of and got the fuck up out of there.

I probably wouldn't wear a Neff beanie.
Man i loved this story, and you told it well, really painted a complete picture in my mind
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2021, 06:05:36 PM »
Headwear I literally cannot wear hats or beanies. Aside from that nothing

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2021, 06:41:27 PM »
So I was going to tell a story of how I got a yellow, quicksilver, flex fit hat, at a stop on the first Tony Hawk Skatepark Tour. It was a ugly hat, but I got it during the product toss and wore it during the demo. Not only was it a flex fit, but it had some mesh patches/squares in blue on the side. Even for early 00’s fashion, it was horrible. But I think the better story to tell, is that I remembered being in the episode they showed on espn. I didn’t think I’d be able to find it just now, but lo and behold, not only did I find it, but there’s a second or two with just my mug, my backwards yellow flex fit hat, and a big sign my brother had drawn up real quick, square and center on the screen. I had completely forgotten (or maybe purposely pushed it out of my memory) but we got ahold of some poster board and wrote some shit to try and get someone to notice us. I remember one saying something about markovich. I definitely do not remember what the one I was holding said...which was “Bam Kicks Ass!!!” I wish I could say I was just a dumb 13yr old, but I was 19 at the time. I feel so muddy. So so muddy.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2021, 06:44:46 PM »
Bones spfs.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2021, 06:59:52 PM »
Probably those Frog x Vans collab shoes with the lucky charms lookin things on the side.  I like Frog and I like Vans, but I can't fuck with the Frog Vans.

Get hungry on it!

applejuice

• Rep: 10
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2021, 07:02:04 PM »
any skate mental deck

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2021, 07:07:54 PM »
Bones spfs.
YES
after i had a board stolen one time a friend lent me some trucks and wheels (bones spf). I pulled up to the spot with a slightly used deck, set up his bits, rolled about five metres across some slightly rough asphalt and felt like I was going to throw up. Those wheels feel like they're made from the same plastic as toothbrush handles
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

IpathCats

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2021, 07:12:21 PM »
Expand Quote
mob

[close]

Ahhh hell nah! MOB OR DIE!

Mob is trash. Plain black jessup or you're a dingus.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mob

[close]

[close]

Nah

Nyjahsnanny

• Rep: -20
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2021, 07:37:53 PM »
Neff beanies

Theseaorganization

• Rep: -42
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2021, 07:44:27 PM »
Expand Quote
mob

[close]

Jessup all the way baby. Also my nephew gave me a primitive board and never used it.

Miserable Old Sack of Shit

• Rep: 36
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2021, 07:47:47 PM »
Tiny wheels (less than 50mm or so). As someone who skated tiny ass wheels in the 90s it blows my mind that they're making a comeback. They're terrible. They wear out so quick, flat spot so easily, you loose speed quickly and god forbid you hit a grain of sand with them.

Bridge bolts. Any other fellow dinosaurs remember these? It was mounting hardware that was connected by two metal pieces that went above your griptape that went from bolt to bolt. Your foot would get stuck on them every time you went to ollie or kick flip or whatever.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2021, 07:48:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mob

[close]

[close]

Jessup rules

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2021, 07:55:28 PM »
State footwear

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »
feel like most of the product i've gotten for free i've given away or to younger kids at the park
Primitive boards & clothes, Thunders, Autobahns, Globes, etc.

no hate, just pretty specific about what I'd skate and would rather give it to a kid that would appreciate it.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2021, 08:46:09 PM »
Idk throw some stuff my way and I'll let you know

LUGR

• Rep: 52
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2021, 09:18:34 PM »
I received a Crail mouse pad and a Anti-Hero car air freshener that I never used.

Nosebleed-section

• Rep: 31
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2021, 09:29:58 PM »
I could be down to my last penny with no board and no way to get a new board and be handed a new Welcome and I’d still pass.
just nipples affiliate

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1403
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2021, 09:38:24 PM »
Pretty much any shoe that's been the financial backbone of "core" brands. DC Court Graffik, Osiris Bronx and/or D3, Globe Chet Thomas, DVS Comanche, Etnies Fader, etc.

Kind of odd to think about, really.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -203
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2021, 03:39:39 AM »
I received a Crail mouse pad and a Anti-Hero car air freshener that I never used.

now i’m wondering what an AH air freshener smells like

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2021, 04:03:30 AM »
Tiny wheels (less than 50mm or so). As someone who skated tiny ass wheels in the 90s it blows my mind that they're making a comeback. They're terrible. They wear out so quick, flat spot so easily, you loose speed quickly and god forbid you hit a grain of sand with them.

Bridge bolts. Any other fellow dinosaurs remember these? It was mounting hardware that was connected by two metal pieces that went above your griptape that went from bolt to bolt. Your foot would get stuck on them every time you went to ollie or kick flip or whatever.

They were utter shit. Some old dudes live them still, if you have any throw them on eBay.

Any free shit I don't like I give to charities. Lots of the collect whatever to give to kids in developing countries. I'm way to picky about my set-up and clothes and have an ok job so I buy exactly what I want.