Author Topic: Royal Trucks are way better now  (Read 4021 times)

therealstreetpirate

Re: Royal Trucks are way better now
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2020, 12:42:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't think there's any empirical evidence any of those trucks regularly do those things you just said. I've only ever snapped thunder kingpins, never had durability issues with ventures, and the only time I've broken bushings has been with bones when the core separates but that's more of a bones issue than a specific truck issue. What about other brands like theeve or destructo? What do you mean by "awkward" when referring to tensors? I personally fuck with the new atg tensors more than any truck so I'm curious. You can see the kingpin clearance is comparatively bad by googling a photo, unless you can show that's not the case? I dunno man I'm not sold.

Edit: forgot ace too, point being there's lots of options.
[close]
I know what I have seen in person. And there is tons of options. I stand by my comment on tensor. But back to the my original point royals are better now then they were 10 years ago. They skate good and for a price point truck I stand by my word.
[close]

But what you've seen is just anecdotal evidence. There's a chance you were unlucky and the trucks you saw break were just a small percent and the majority are fine. So how do you justify your claim with anecdotal evidence? What do you mean by standing by your comment on tensor? I want you to elaborate, not stand by it, I don't give a shit if something is "awkward" if it skates good. What do you mean, the brand, how the actually skate? Why can't I just say royals are awkward and not explain why? Also I could just as easily say I've seen more royal trucks have issues, like the kingpin clearance and pivot cups mentioned earlier. I don't see why I should take your word seriously if you're not going to qualify it somehow with better points.
[close]
I am willing to revise my statement on tensor, Personally I just think they skate super awkward so much so that I would not recommend them nor support them in anyway. That is my opinion, That Does not make it true. However I have had experience with venture and I have had nothing but issues my kingpin broke one time and my hanger cracked the other, Fact. Thunder my friend broke his hanger in the 8th grade, fact. My other friend Levy had the same problem deluxe sent him a box with trucks and some stickers, Fact. I rode Indys for 5 years bushings always busted, Fact. Friend of mine broke his base plate, Fact. These are my experiences with these company's. I have had multiple pairs of royals now and the only problem I have ran into was the pivots cups busting however that was on the first batch of the newer models, I have not had any problems with the pivot cups on the more recent models. You don't have to take my word but I have my reasons for thinking and saying what I have said already.  But let me also remind you that I never started this thread to compare we just started talking about it.
[close]

Again, you're not being specific with details to qualify your statement. What do you mean when you say they skate awkward, do they turn bad, grind bad, I need more to go off of to take you seriously. I understand you've had experiences where trucks break, but I don't think you understand when I say anecdotal evidence isn't enough to prove your point. Saying your friend broke a truck in 8th grade isn't good enough to prove that the quality of current, modern trucks, on the whole, are subpar. Saying you had issues does not make the trucks factually bad, you could have just as easily had bad luck, you can't have a sample size of n=4 or some shit and say you figured it out. Not only that, but if were talking trucks from a while ago, every major brands has undergone design changes to fix their past flaws in modern iterations. Even tensor has revised their trucks, so when you say a truck breaks, or is awkward, and you're not talking about the most recent version, and only using anecdotes as facts, when it could just be bad luck, you're not convincing anyone. I understand you're not trying to directly compare the trucks, but if you want to people to like them, they're going to compare them to trucks they're currently riding. If you can't show why royals are sick compared to other trucks, why should I believe they're sick? Also kingpin clearance still seems pretty bad.
[close]
I was not trying to convince anyone to buy them I was just saying how much I like them and that they are better then what they used to be. From my experience they are sick but that is me. And again my experience I cant explain a feeling I have when I ride them it was like an answer to a prayer haha, Seriously I always wanted to ride like this. I do understand your point though, Aside from my experience I have no evidence supporting why royal is better then any other truck brand, I would just say try them. And see it for what it is.
[close]

But why should anyone spend money to try them if there's no detailed info on them? If you like them all the power to you, but I need more reasons to be compelled to spend my money on some.
You inspire me

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »
Mike Carroll infiltrates slapmag

I'd skate Royals honestly if there was ton more kingpin clearance, the pair I had didn't give me any real problems.

Don’t want to play devil’s advocate but, they have an inverted kingpin option. I’ve considered picking up a pair when they’ve gone on sale. But, haven’t been fully sold on ‘em. I think they’re also supposed to be in that genre that Venture, Silver, and Tensor are in where they focus on stability over everything else.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2020, 12:46:59 PM »
Anyone ride Royals lately? Their new trucks are on point, I say new even though they have had them out for a few years. But compared the OG ones they ride way better. They move really well and I do not get too much resistance the response time is great. I will live and die by Royals for the rest of my life.

whatsreallygood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't think there's any empirical evidence any of those trucks regularly do those things you just said. I've only ever snapped thunder kingpins, never had durability issues with ventures, and the only time I've broken bushings has been with bones when the core separates but that's more of a bones issue than a specific truck issue. What about other brands like theeve or destructo? What do you mean by "awkward" when referring to tensors? I personally fuck with the new atg tensors more than any truck so I'm curious. You can see the kingpin clearance is comparatively bad by googling a photo, unless you can show that's not the case? I dunno man I'm not sold.

[close]
I know what I have seen in person. And there is tons of options. I stand by my comment on tensor. But back to the my original point royals are better now then they were 10 years ago. They skate good and for a price point truck I stand by my word.
[close]

But what you've seen is just anecdotal evidence. There's a chance you were unlucky and the trucks you saw break were just a small percent and the majority are fine. So how do you justify your claim with anecdotal evidence? What do you mean by standing by your comment on tensor? I want you to elaborate, not stand by it, I don't give a shit if something is "awkward" if it skates good. What do you mean, the brand, how the actually skate? Why can't I just say royals are awkward and not explain why? Also I could just as easily say I've seen more royal trucks have issues, like the kingpin clearance and pivot cups mentioned earlier. I don't see why I should take your word seriously if you're not going to qualify it somehow with better points.
[close]
I am willing to revise my statement on tensor, Personally I just think they skate super awkward so much so that I would not recommend them nor support them in anyway. That is my opinion, That Does not make it true. However I have had experience with venture and I have had nothing but issues my kingpin broke one time and my hanger cracked the other, Fact. Thunder my friend broke his hanger in the 8th grade, fact. My other friend Levy had the same problem deluxe sent him a box with trucks and some stickers, Fact. I rode Indys for 5 years bushings always busted, Fact. Friend of mine broke his base plate, Fact. These are my experiences with these company's. I have had multiple pairs of royals now and the only problem I have ran into was the pivots cups busting however that was on the first batch of the newer models, I have not had any problems with the pivot cups on the more recent models. You don't have to take my word but I have my reasons for thinking and saying what I have said already.  But let me also remind you that I never started this thread to compare we just started talking about it.
[close]

Again, you're not being specific with details to qualify your statement. What do you mean when you say they skate awkward, do they turn bad, grind bad, I need more to go off of to take you seriously. I understand you've had experiences where trucks break, but I don't think you understand when I say anecdotal evidence isn't enough to prove your point. Saying your friend broke a truck in 8th grade isn't good enough to prove that the quality of current, modern trucks, on the whole, are subpar. Saying you had issues does not make the trucks factually bad, you could have just as easily had bad luck, you can't have a sample size of n=4 or some shit and say you figured it out. Not only that, but if were talking trucks from a while ago, every major brands has undergone design changes to fix their past flaws in modern iterations. Even tensor has revised their trucks, so when you say a truck breaks, or is awkward, and you're not talking about the most recent version, and only using anecdotes as facts, when it could just be bad luck, you're not convincing anyone. I understand you're not trying to directly compare the trucks, but if you want to people to like them, they're going to compare them to trucks they're currently riding. If you can't show why royals are sick compared to other trucks, why should I believe they're sick? Also kingpin clearance still seems pretty bad.
[close]
I was not trying to convince anyone to buy them I was just saying how much I like them and that they are better then what they used to be. From my experience they are sick but that is me. And again my experience I cant explain a feeling I have when I ride them it was like an answer to a prayer haha, Seriously I always wanted to ride like this. I do understand your point though, Aside from my experience I have no evidence supporting why royal is better then any other truck brand, I would just say try them. And see it for what it is.
[close]

But why should anyone spend money to try them if there's no detailed info on them? If you like them all the power to you, but I need more reasons to be compelled to spend my money on some.
[close]
You inspire me

Bet?

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2020, 12:53:13 PM »
Expand Quote

I'd skate Royals honestly if there was ton more kingpin clearance, the pair I had didn't give me any real problems.
[close]

Don’t want to play devil’s advocate but, they have an inverted kingpin option. I’ve considered picking up a pair when they’ve gone on sale. But, haven’t been fully sold on ‘em. I think they’re also supposed to be in that genre that Venture, Silver, and Tensor are in where they focus on stability over everything else.

Apparently the inverted kingpin option still has bad clearance, there's a thread posted in here earlier where Ben Degros posts about how he wasn't feeling them for those reasons in more detail

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2020, 12:56:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Apparently the inverted kingpin option still has bad clearance, there's a thread posted in here earlier where Ben Degros posts about how he wasn't feeling them for those reasons in more detail
He never made a video about it.. Kinda bummed.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2188
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2020, 01:01:18 PM »
haHAHaHaHaHAHAHA

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2020, 01:01:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
He never made a video about it.. Kinda bummed.

Yeah I agree, would have been nice to get more details out there

thebaggy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2021, 02:51:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

It's a post-modern pathology to outright denounce anecdotal evidence on principle alone. This isnt a murder trial, its a conversation between to people who are bonded by a shared goal. Considering that, its fair to assume a certain level of trust in one anothers shared experience to substantiate anecdotal evidence, because theirs nothing inherently wrong with somebodys observation pertaining to a circumstance that exists in an objective reality ( i.e the physical properties of trucks ). This pathological train of thought is common amongst those who believe in a relatively subjective reality. Furthermore, the only thing that really differentiates empirical and anecdotal evidence is simply documentation of the "anecdotal observations" over X amount of time ( i.e gain of function tests ). The moment anybody steps on a skateboard their performing a variety of these tests by proxy.
  That being said I absolutely agree with the fact that indy baseplates tend to break ( and the hardware holes warp so bad ). The more anecdotal evidence becomes coorberated by others the more it becomes empirical. I also believe your comments about royal kingpin clearance as I have seen that too.
  I do wanna fuck with Royals though, I wanna build a crailtap complete with like a g028 and some 8.25 royals ya know.
Rotate your wheels regularly.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2021, 05:49:29 PM »
Mud is a lot better than poop, but I won't be eating a mud sundae anytime soon. I'll stick to ice cream, thanks for your opinion though.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2021, 07:10:32 PM »
Better than shit still isn’t much...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Vinz

• Rep: -11
  • bam margera biggest fan
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2021, 07:42:47 PM »
Anyone ride Royals lately? Their new trucks are on point, I say new even though they have had them out for a few years. But compared the OG ones they ride way better. They move really well and I do not get too much resistance the response time is great. I will live and die by Royals for the rest of my life.
New trucks come out some time in 2021, according to royal's website