Author Topic: Has anyone tried skating in adidas' new "PRIMEGREEN" recycled, synthetic upper?  (Read 416 times)

Juliet Berto

I have no idea if it's going to be or is used in their skate line (and I feel no reason to investigate), but I did have a look at their current Stan Smiths, and virtually all of them are now made with this recycled, sustainable "PRIMEGREEN" synthetic upper. As we all know, synthetic materials vary widely in skate performance, and the photos aren't really too indicative of anything either.

Just thought I'd check before buying; it could easily be a sustainable material worth supporting that wears in well and has some "tooth" for ollies similar to full grain leather, or they could feel like slick plastic and get holes in one session. It'll be interesting to see if theis material sticks around in the long run.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Really hoping they integrate this tech into their skate line!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Juliet Berto

Thanks for that response, jay_nev, that's exactly what I was looking for ––  I definitely would've never crossed paths with Andrew Cannon's IG lol.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Thanks for that response, jay_nev, that's exactly what I was looking for ––  I definitely would've never crossed paths with Andrew Cannon's IG lol.
you got it. he also did the dickson vegan in his previous post as well, which was a pretty long video and in depth analysis.

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
Came here to say that Santa Cruz product manager skates them  :P