Author Topic: Slap anniversary  (Read 869 times)

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 93
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Slap anniversary
« on: March 25, 2021, 10:21:10 AM »
Hey Pals!

I'm coming up on my 15 year anniversary lurking the boards (shalom)

Didn't see a thread about it already, and we should celebrate those who've been logged on for a while. My favorite early memories are the fourduos montages out of TX and clicking disguised hyperlinks for new stevie williams footage not realizing I would end up on lemon party and fucking up my Mom's compaq presario lol

"run it up" with your earliest memories dudes

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
Re: Slap anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 10:54:26 AM »
Ive been part of it since 07 maybe 08. My earliest memories was all the COTG post. That dude was the goat. I also remember the gnarly thread about Nyjah and DC and how that evolved into a discussion about race in the industry. Good times.

Lame_Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 12:45:20 PM »
My first account was made in 09. Focused that then started new a couple months later.

Lutzka almost getting on Element until Slap got wind was pretty funny. The Manny Madness photoshops with The Situation was my favorite though.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 01:48:00 PM »
My first memory here is that challenge COTG and that tranny dude took, no idea when that was.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 02:40:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure my first account was sometime my last yr of high school, 2002-03. I got kicked off school internet privileges for a couple because some SLAP threads showed up in the computer history and well, SLAP boards were pretty foul back then. Had numerous accounts until 2012 before making this most recent one in 2019.

Remember the grey boards. Gipper used to be turkey lurkey. Multis. Photoshop dicks on faces everywhere. I hated your mother hates you and thought he was an old disgruntled shit bag but he was really just a 21 year old shit bag. Perspective ha ha ha I feel like 06-10 was a pretty golden period for peak audacity. It was pretty wack when the print mag stopped running and it was all gonna be online. So it goes! Shalom
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »
Happy Anniversary!

My favorite memory of COTG is when he told Bubblegum Tate that he was the second best poster on the board.

My second favorite memory is when his skateboard hit him in the nuts and he was forced to take it all back.

Those were the days...

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 03:45:52 PM »
In retrospect to COTG, it was nice to see that kind of crude perspective with someone that was so brutally honest with the skate industry. I remember when the Powell FUN video came out, all he said was "It didn't suck" which is like another persons saying "That was the dopest video ever!". I swear ever other video he saw, he said it was terrible.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 04:17:07 PM »
I've had a few different accounts over the years, but pretty sure my first one was around 2003, but could be a little bit earlier
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 04:40:03 PM »
In retrospect to COTG, it was nice to see that kind of crude perspective with someone that was so brutally honest with the skate industry. I remember when the Powell FUN video came out, all he said was "It didn't suck" which is like another persons saying "That was the dopest video ever!". I swear ever other video he saw, he said it was terrible.
COTG was the best. I can't remember the exact quote but he said to me something like "It's mind blowing that you're black" but in a way funnier way. He have an insta?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 11:10:33 PM »
Yeah, I miss how dumb this site was...

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2021, 06:16:54 AM »
I think I first showed up when I heard someone was peddling griptape filled with electrolytes and magic on here

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2021, 08:54:05 AM »
Joined in 06

Defended local homie Erik Ostos who was a finalist in one in a million and got flames by resident cool guy Jesse pretty hard

Favorite early memories
- rawbutson getting flamed, photo edited to include annimated dicks, rawb taking the hazing and ending up one of the likable OGs
- brokyln brawler owning everyone
- stop posting
- pontoon boat
- meat spins
- my wife hearing me giggle, seeing a bunch of dicks on my screen and commenting “in another argument on slap”

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2021, 08:59:13 AM »
Today is my 7 year SLAPIVERSARY

what a colossal waste of time!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2021, 09:35:42 AM »
Today is my 7 year SLAPIVERSARY

what a colossal waste of time!

Yepp, most fun things are...

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2021, 10:51:07 AM »
Joined in 06

Defended local homie Erik Ostos who was a finalist in one in a million and got flames by resident cool guy Jesse pretty hard

Favorite early memories
- rawbutson getting flamed, photo edited to include annimated dicks, rawb taking the hazing and ending up one of the likable OGs
- stop posting
- pontoon boat
- meat spins
- my wife hearing me giggle, seeing a bunch of dicks on my screen and commenting “in another argument on slap”

Lol

For some reason back then I saw you and neal/grimcity as the same user

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 06:17:49 PM »
The bipsmound pieces were great.

Overall the thread quality was better then, I think. I suppose I could be romanticizing it a bit.

HATE! And Grimcity were ubiquitous.

Gipper and COTG going back and forth was entertaining.

Rawb was on a meteoric rise.

So many video links and crazy ass internet deals I found through slap.

The rap battles.

Vov.

Chris Hansen.

Fffffffuuuuuuuu.

Hardboiled eggs in a woman.

The list goes on.

Ol' SLAP is coming back around.

SFB coming back sure would be a nice surprise.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2021, 09:17:26 PM »
I signed up summer of 2001. I was 14 and I had just moved to a new state so I didn’t know anyone. I was an annoying and naive kid but there were so many knowledgeable, creative and talented people here and I just tried to soak it all up. I learned so much skate history and just general culture.

Sluggo sent anyone that asked a free copy of the Red Dragons video.
I remember a dude that loved King Diamond had me stressing about the Illuminati for a while.
There were some rad dudes from West Virginia. One of them was a photographer and got a photo published in Thrasher at some point. First named Andy, super friendly dude. I hope he kept it up.
Tons and tons of rad UK/Euro folks.
I talked skating/music with this dude Stephen on AIM all the time.
Countless others. I wonder if any of those people are still around and/or lurk.

There was a secret, separate section of the forum for once you hit Pals status back then. I can’t believe I’ve posted here on and off for 20 years. I’m gonna make sure “started the Things You’re Stoked On thread” is in my obituary.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 09:24:19 PM by chris. »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 05:01:51 AM »
I miss the mag
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 12:16:16 PM »
I signed up summer of 2001. I was 14 and I had just moved to a new state so I didn’t know anyone. I was an annoying and naive kid but there were so many knowledgeable, creative and talented people here and I just tried to soak it all up. I learned so much skate history and just general culture.

I remember a dude that loved King Diamond had me stressing about the Illuminati for a while.
There were some rad dudes from West Virginia. One of them was a photographer and got a photo published in Thrasher at some point. First named Andy, super friendly dude. I hope he kept it up.

There was a secret, separate section of the forum for once you hit Pals status back then. I can’t believe I’ve posted here on and off for 20 years. I’m gonna make sure “started the Things You’re Stoked On thread” is in my obituary.

Too funny dude. I had an aim buddy I talked skating/hip hop with back then as well. Taught me about the Armenian genocide and Mr. Lif... I looked him up when I came back to SLAP and he is apparently a sneakerhead dude on Instagram now lol.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2021, 03:39:28 PM »

I skated with Stephen in Milwaukee in 2004!

I joined sometime in the spring/summer of 2002, which will mark 19 years this year. It’s very, very weird to me that I have been on SLAP longer than most teenagers have been alive.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 06:29:21 AM »
Ha, that’s rad! He put me onto so much music.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 06:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Joined in 06

Favorite early memories
- stop posting
- pontoon boat
- meat spins
[close]

Lol

that's funny, i could see that. both around the same age and lived in louisiana with similar posting styles.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 10:06:38 AM »
First account was 04/05

Jones and a snick
Mind bottled

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2021, 10:37:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Joined in 06

Favorite early memories
- stop posting
- pontoon boat
- meat spins
[close]

Lol

[close]

that's funny, i could see that. both around the same age and lived in louisiana with similar posting styles.

for sure! do you ever skate with him? I was recently watching the what the fuck is a tonycoxhox video and dude's pretty hilarious. y'all were some OGs to me when I was a kid. at that time, when you're like 20 or 21, or whatever, 10 years or so is half a life time. lol

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2021, 08:16:01 PM »
First account was 04/05

Jones and a snick
Mind bottled

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 08:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Joined in 06

Favorite early memories
- stop posting
- pontoon boat
- meat spins
[close]

Lol

[close]

[close]

for sure! do you ever skate with him? I was recently watching the what the fuck is a tonycoxhox video and dude's pretty hilarious. y'all were some OGs to me when I was a kid. at that time, when you're like 20 or 21, or whatever, 10 years or so is half a life time. lol

it's wild to think that i've been chatting on here so long that people have grown up. naw, unfortunately never ran across grimcity. i've only skated with a handful of people from slap in all this time.

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 48
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 11:57:58 PM »
It was like welcome to the house of dicks back in those days. What kinda dick u want, poppin out the sides, just straight taking up the whole picture, loads spraying all over, in and out ya mouth, meatspin links? Whatever dicks u could dream of, they were here.

Glad to see the mods kept this place somewhat civil over all these years, kudos to them. Must have been a tough job for real.

Remember everyone flipping their stance on isuck after he came on here and chopped it up? Props to him for doing that, much respect. Or how about that kid on here that bummed a ride with JT to the demo only to come back and be such an ungrateful little shit for it and have nothing good to say about a pro going out of his way for a random on the internet? That was strange. Gomez maybe?

Or what about that dude with the high rep that killed every post but then totally lost his cool at a signing with JT and got called out on here by him for cool guying it? Think it was Brooklyn? Never forget Jamie saying something along the lines of, "you yelled out 'I'm Brooklyn Brawler!' as if it was going to get u special treatment and when nobody cared u continued to act like a obnoxious drunk child until u got kicked out". U know that one hit deep. Classic.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2021, 06:13:54 AM »
It was like welcome to the house of dicks back in those days. What kinda dick u want, poppin out the sides, just straight taking up the whole picture, loads spraying all over, in and out ya mouth, meatspin links? Whatever dicks u could dream of, they were here.

Glad to see the mods kept this place somewhat civil over all these years, kudos to them. Must have been a tough job for real.

Remember everyone flipping their stance on isuck after he came on here and chopped it up? Props to him for doing that, much respect. Or how about that kid on here that bummed a ride with JT to the demo only to come back and be such an ungrateful little shit for it and have nothing good to say about a pro going out of his way for a random on the internet? That was strange. Gomez maybe?

Or what about that dude with the high rep that killed every post but then totally lost his cool at a signing with JT and got called out on here by him for cool guying it? Think it was Brooklyn? Never forget Jamie saying something along the lines of, "you yelled out 'I'm Brooklyn Brawler!' as if it was going to get u special treatment and when nobody cared u continued to act like a obnoxious drunk child until u got kicked out". U know that one hit deep. Classic.

these days you can have your opinion on a pro change after seeing their 9 club or bunt. in those days it was slap that would have you switching it up. jt comes out like a hero and henry snachez has a melt down.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »
Been here for about 15 years as well, I recall desperately refreshing threads on Fully Flared that were filled with fake spoilers. I remember finally seeing FF and waiting for Welsh to bigspin back tail Hubba and for Koston to nollie heel back smith Wilshire 10, both of which obviously never happened. I also remember someone writing on their balls with Sharpie for a fake LL link. Who was that, something Murawski?

Some funny "controversy" around the Slap Pals video and Newtons ender ollie being cut off immediately because he obviously bailed.

This site both sucks and rocks all at once.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2021, 04:09:45 PM »
I've been on here for probably 20 years. This is my 3rd account I think. I love when we made up all the fake spoilers for the leaked Sheckler part and tons of people made accounts and did weird shit to try and get a link that didn't exist.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW