Author Topic: Bastien Salabanzi-"Not so sorry" Part  (Read 7019 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
Re: Bastien Salabanzi-"Not so sorry" Part
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 01:08:04 PM »
Can’t wait for the next flip video! This promo for not so sorry part was nice!
I remember it being very weird that arto was on destructo for a good while, maybe he still is!
Glad bastien still has the same bag of tricks! A kicky pretzel down some stairs would’ve been a nice touch!

In all seriousness I liked this part, pretty feel good! Gonna go watch his sorrry and really sorry part!

That's a lot of exclamation marks. No offense, it's just overwhelming and I had to make a comment saying so.

As far as this part, he made the shove-it flip crook look good.

phlap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2021, 01:12:52 PM »
Part was cool, but all I can focus on is that bigflip front board being ruined by the Rick and Morty deck graphic.
-Summer of George-

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »
sick part.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2021, 02:20:20 PM »
I wonder how Bastien knows Sean?

he's still got it, skating was amazing. Too bad he ruined his career with his arrogance and attitude, to the point of Destructo.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2021, 02:21:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Why wasn't this a Primitive part? Seems like their business model is to add legends for the one day hype and then never do anything with them.
[close]

i don't think he's on anymore

Exactly. Why was he kicked off if he had a solid video part to drop? What happened to Devine Calloway?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 02:45:55 PM »
I always gag whenever I see Theotis do another backside double flip, but Bastien's was actually pretty good

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2021, 03:01:33 PM »
compare this to gino's entire output over the last ten years

Weededed

• Rep: 208
  • I never needed it..

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2021, 03:40:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why wasn't this a Primitive part? Seems like their business model is to add legends for the one day hype and then never do anything with them.
[close]

i don't think he's on anymore
[close]

Exactly. Why was he kicked off if he had a solid video part to drop? What happened to Devine Calloway?
this was his primitive part. read between the lines bud

guy must be insufferable for whatever reasons. doubt it has anything to do with the way he cheers for himself or whatever.

free max b

free max b
FREE MAX B

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2021, 03:47:27 PM »
I read two people who wrote shuv it flip crook, and now I'm at a loss.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2021, 06:41:47 PM »
I rewound the bs double flip and thought the switch double heel looked great, what in the world is happening.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2021, 06:56:57 PM »
Damn, he is still just as good as he ever was. The new grizzled look works perfect too. Great part!

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2021, 07:06:58 PM »
Came here just to post this & I never come here! :P
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2021, 07:34:00 PM »
I wonder how Bastien knows Sean?

he's still got it, skating was amazing. Too bad he ruined his career with his arrogance and attitude, to the point of Destructo.

Yeah, he tried to Flip it but we all know that was just a Primitive instinct...maybe he's just a little Rusty...

walker

• Rep: -9
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2021, 07:37:50 PM »
never heard this type of music in a skate vid, made me think of the lion king the whole time. sick filming too. good stuff

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2021, 08:13:12 PM »
Always good to see Bastien skating.  I feel like he will start to get a bit mellow soon and his skating will age well.

Magnolia

• Rep: 426
  • She/They
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2021, 08:13:31 PM »
I always gag whenever I see Theotis do another backside double flip, but Bastien's was actually pretty good

That's the first trick that comes to mind when I think of Bastien, I was happy to see one in this part
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

KRKD1

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »
Man. When I saw that not so subtle nod of Not So Sorry. I was hoping for more lost tapes. Some of you dick riding hard and thats fine, cause early 2000s Bastien hands down was the best doing it. Some of yall may even be swept up in a heavy nostalgia combined with some sort of emotional experience you're having cause this music was featured in your favorite kids movie about talking lions.

But that was whack. I just wasn't feeling. A couple tricks I liked and overall it's Bastien and despit whatever he is pretty rad. Idk though this one fell short like way short. I thought it was gonna pick up in the second half and just got slower.

Would have been cool to see him pack up the double flips and cab nd flip lips for some of that other stuff he was doing. Like the bench to bench stuff and the manual outta the hubba was cool to see from him. Not saying he don't make double flips look good but it lost its appeal 10 years ago. Dudes been doing the same tricks for nearly 20 years.

And absolute terrible name choice for a part considering the history and just how lacking and almost sad the final product is.

That being said. Still got me stoked. But some of yall really off touch on this one. Dude needs to either switch it up or pack it up.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2021, 08:24:22 PM »
Prettysure someone else Titled & edited it, I liked how it wasn't dragged out at all
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

mareo

• Rep: -337
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2021, 09:08:56 PM »
There was a point in time where it was pretty clear that the Flip guys wanted you to try to win Skater of the Year. They’d call and tell me all the amazing tricks you were going to do. Do you remember that?
I never heard of that story.

They told me, “Bastien’s gonna kickflip front board El Toro. He’s gonna switch heel Wallenberg.” Jeremy would call me and tell me what tricks you were gonna do.
I mean, I know Jeremy very, very well and I can totally picture him doing something like that. That’s hilarious. But, no, the truth is I never, that’s not how it worked or I never heard of that because how it went down was like I just did my own thing and at the end of the year, a few months before, they would tell me like, Oh okay, it’s coming up, Skater of the Year, so those few months are gonna be very important. Then basically the end of the story was, Yeah, it would be a good idea to take a trip to San Francisco and I was like, Okay, cool. But in my mind I wanted to do some more skating in the South, you know, of California. So I could feel they really really wanted to take the van in SF and I was like, Man, I’m not really feeling that trip. Then they kinda let it slide. They’re like, You know it’d be a good idea to kinda swing by Thrasher, fist bump everybody and let them know that we’re supporting them. I don’t know if they’re gonna like that I’m telling you that, but I don’t give a fuck. Back then I was someone that was cocky and, like, I said I thought I deserved it when I was doing things and so I was like, man, I took it as an affront, like, You’re trying to get it—you’re trying to corner somebody. You’re letting them know like you’re gonna swing by with a birthday cake, like no, man. If I’m gonna get Skater of the Year I wanna get it with the sweat, with the blood. I don’t wanna get it because we swung by Jake Phelps and Thrasher and play like we’re homies and we’re bros. So I said no, fuck that shit, I’m not going. Then I didn’t get it, but I definitely prefer that story right there than me getting it because we came through and we had a huge party or a great time. Fuck that shit.

That's exactly why I don't give a fuck about Thrasher's skater of the year, or Thrasher itself by that matter.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2021, 09:39:34 PM »
Can’t wait for the next flip video! This promo for not so sorry part was nice!
I remember it being very weird that arto was on destructo for a good while, maybe he still is!
Glad bastien still has the same bag of tricks! A kicky pretzel down some stairs would’ve been a nice touch!

In all seriousness I liked this part, pretty feel good! Gonna go watch his sorrry and really sorry part!

What year did you just wake up from?
 This was cute honestly could’ve pared it down to like 6 tricks the rest was boring rehashed 2003 tricks. Switch? Heel front crook was cool in 2006. Bastien is and has been lame for years. He should be glad p Rod even gave him a chance to get his SRV guitar on eBay. 
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • old and in the way
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2021, 10:10:42 PM »
Aw hell, I liked the music.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2021, 10:27:31 PM »
To everyone asking why this wasn’t a primitive part he left primitive after never was finished he said to Paul he didn’t think he could do what they wanted of him and think he probably had the mindset of retiring   Not really wanting to be a pro skater anymore I don’t really think he does still this part just seems like old footage he had mixed in with some stuff he was just doing for fun if you look on his insta he’s been teaching skateboarding somewhere n is probably just chill doing that

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2021, 11:15:54 PM »
Man. When I saw that not so subtle nod of Not So Sorry. I was hoping for more lost tapes. Some of you dick riding hard and thats fine, cause early 2000s Bastien hands down was the best doing it. Some of yall may even be swept up in a heavy nostalgia combined with some sort of emotional experience you're having cause this music was featured in your favorite kids movie about talking lions.

But that was whack. I just wasn't feeling. A couple tricks I liked and overall it's Bastien and despit whatever he is pretty rad. Idk though this one fell short like way short. I thought it was gonna pick up in the second half and just got slower.

Would have been cool to see him pack up the double flips and cab nd flip lips for some of that other stuff he was doing. Like the bench to bench stuff and the manual outta the hubba was cool to see from him. Not saying he don't make double flips look good but it lost its appeal 10 years ago. Dudes been doing the same tricks for nearly 20 years.

And absolute terrible name choice for a part considering the history and just how lacking and almost sad the final product is.

That being said. Still got me stoked. But some of yall really off touch on this one. Dude needs to either switch it up or pack it up.

Can definitely see where your coming from but goddamn. Gonna have to disagree with u on almost all of that.

I think literally NOBODY expects Bastien to come out of his comfort zone of tricks. Dudes got a huge bag of tricks but they get overshadowed by his double flips/crook back lips which I guess is understandable. Still, every single trick was done with speed, stomped and rolled away with style. Pretty impressive for his age.

I think the fact that this dude decided to film this at this age when nobody expected him to put anything out for the past 3 or so years is highly respectable. We didn't deserve this and it was a great way to put an end to his career instead of being overshadowed by that whole guitar incident/dropped from primitive without putting out a part ordeal.

Tldr: put some respect on the man's game.

Added Bastien story:
I got to see him at some shitty Active demo in Rancho Cucamonga during his Really Sorry era. Bunch of notable pros were there doing their thing. The demo is over and they're having a best trick contest that's going on for I think 30 mins. It's on some basic 7 stair set/rail. Usual tricks like kf lip, nollie feeble, big spin board are going down by pros, typical demo safety tricks that u would expect at the time. Bastien was riding around the demo earlier doing his thing, nothing too crazy. Best trick comes around and he vanishes for about 20 mins. Comes back with about 10 mins left, sizes up the rail and riffles off pretty much first try kf front board, big flip front board, sw 270 front board, crook lip, cab front board and cab flip front board, all KRKD1's faves and all before the buzzer. Crowd went ape shit.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2021, 03:41:33 AM »
super sick. dude's a fucking legend.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2021, 04:18:26 AM »
Enjoyed this.

Could see him on Flip and Vans

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2021, 04:21:11 AM »
i have been a fan of bastien for basically as long as i have been following skateboarding, so i was shocked to see that he is only 35.  just seems like he would be so much older. for perspective bobby worrest will be 35 this year
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Trilogy

• Rep: -257
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2021, 04:33:41 AM »
i have been a fan of bastien for basically as long as i have been following skateboarding, so i was shocked to see that he is only 35.  just seems like he would be so much older. for perspective bobby worrest will be 35 this year

Bastien Salabanzi started super early to enter contest and winning them, plus Sorry was 21 years ago, and dude was just a little kid, so if you do the math it confirms.

I just find it odd that he was kicked out of Primitive because he didn't wanted to skate or whatever and then he releases this new part.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2021, 04:42:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bastien Salabanzi started super early to enter contest and winning them, plus Sorry was 21 years ago, and dude was just a little kid, so if you do the math it confirms.

I just find it odd that he was kicked out of Primitive because he didn't wanted to skate or whatever and then he releases this new part.

yeah i know.  it was basically a roundabout way of saying "fuck i am old"
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.