Author Topic: Is there a way for girl to get the team they should have?  (Read 2534 times)

cherry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Is there a way for girl to get the team they should have?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2021, 05:55:44 AM »
One of them just moved from sf and was literally texting yonnie soooo

cky enthusiast

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2021, 06:01:03 AM »
the personal lives of the young women where i skate are of great interest to me too

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2021, 06:18:11 AM »

Dawg you are a creep. Also don’t let Manchild get you so worked up, He’s just a child
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2021, 06:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Sorry. I am 44 and busy watching the Quasi video.
[close]

this is peak slap forum content

Larry;;;;;thanku
ok thanks

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2021, 06:44:46 AM »
I actually appreciate that Girl took forever to bring up this current young roster with Griffin, Simon, Neils, Tyler & Bre. Girl faced years of criticism for being dull and out of date, but I think it was worth fostering AMs who hopefully will be loyal to Crail long enough to be in the position of being dull, old, out of style and milking it. Their team is pretty good now.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2021, 06:55:44 AM »
Some of their new riders are good but everything from Crail's end feels too little too late. They notoriously slept on some next level talents that ended up becoming stars while giving their friends way too much flexibility to sit around and milk it. Then the "legends" they had around ended up going to greener pastures, leaving them stagnant with "OG"s like Chris Roberts. Now the few riders with promise they have are forced to compete for the spotlight with teammates that have been over professional skateboarding for at least a decade but they're kept around because "they're the homie". That is, if the homie isn't busy being an abuser or w/e.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2021, 06:59:44 AM »
Step 1) Flux Capacitor
Step 2) Plutonium
Step 3) 88 MPH

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2021, 07:11:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dawg you are a creep. Also don’t let Manchild get you so worked up, He’s just a child

No I am not you dumb fuck. She literally told me in person “I’ve been texting this pro skater yonnie cruz do u know of him” and thEn proceeded to show me the messages without me even asking. She’s also 27. I never said young girls I said females most of which are older than 25. Y’all can take ur ad hominem and shove it up your ass

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2021, 07:12:20 AM »
Informing a girl that a guy she is texting is knowingly spreading herpes to girls like it’s a joke makes me a concerned human. Anyone defending yonnie is a piece of shit

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2021, 07:25:03 AM »
Back to the initial topic

Maybe if they changed the names to

Gonorrhea skateboards
              And
Chlamydia skateboards

While simultaneously introducing a new pair of royal trucks that grind off to revel red dots

Rick Howard would make 500,000 dollars this year

cky enthusiast

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2021, 07:31:07 AM »
imagine having to move from SF to upstate NY and now there’s some weirdo at your tony hawk level city park telling you what he read on the skateboard chat board

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2021, 08:21:42 AM »
It reminds me of The Simpsons: a golden era of extremely high quality, instant-classic output followed by a prolonged period of being artificially kept on life support because it still keeps making money despite the fact that it is gradually becoming unrecognizable and has sadly lost much of its magic long ago.

God damn that was a long sentence.
That was a really nice sentence though. And a great analogy.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2021, 09:01:58 AM »
imagine having to move from SF to upstate NY and now there’s some weirdo at your tony hawk level city park telling you what he read on the skateboard chat board

Lol imagine living with 5 dudes in a one bedroom apt and texting eachother “dude cmon don’t tell girls I have an std I want to infect” and then everyone high fives.

Also I’m just curious what you are? Are you normal? Can u explain to me what makes u normal and me weird?

Are u normal because u read slap but don’t talk to people about it in real life?

So it’s not weird to read slap regularly but not tell anyone in your real life and act like it’s a big secret?!? Ok gotcha normal man

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2021, 09:03:34 AM »
I'm skating a Girl Board right now because I was stoked on Griffin Gass and Niels Bennett turning pro, still am. Also have 1st Niels Bennett board in my wall cause I was stoked on a previous slap pal turned pro. I though that for a bit Craig was about to start catching up... but it seams like they are plagued with failure and controversy. Mike Mo's injury, Malto's injury, CK1 Accident/Jailtime, Kenny Anderson's being a piece of shit, Yonnie's STD's spreading, Perez talking homophobic shit, Biebel being a tool, and to a lesser extent Manchild being insufferable as fuck (maybe I'm missing some more).
A whole shit storm that seems to never end. It's getting too hard to back this company... and yeah, it sucks.  :(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2021, 09:16:33 AM »
Iqui
Wes Kramer
McCrank
Malto
Gass
Bannerot
Manchild
Brophy
Breezeana
Aurelien Giraud
Rayssa Leal
Rowan Davis
Sora Shirai
Tom Asta
Mike & Rick
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2021, 09:31:05 AM »

Is “tony hawk level city park” a diss I literally can’t tell?

Grind line built the park but an actual tony hawk level park would be so amazing. I think it would be really fun to skate the mall level from the first game in real life. All those long downhill ledges  and that half bowl with gaps between the doors!

Either way none of these ad hominem attacks are proving anything. Lol of course YONNIE isn’t the problem it’s me! I’m the problem because I am weird. I am weird because I expressed myself in real life about something I read on slap. Got it makes perfect sense hopefully I can be punished somehow that’ll make everything better. Also I’ll try not to express myself anymore unless it’s in the form gang! From here on out I will only respond here or in my real life with gang!   It’s kind of like a monk taking a vow of silence, gang!

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2021, 09:35:28 AM »
I really wish yonnie hadn’t turned comments off so we could’ve gotten a good gang! Comment from brophy. Lol crail tap using automated robots to dig there own grave at this point it. Alright I’m sry im such a liar like yonnie starting now it’s time, gang!

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2021, 09:53:36 AM »
Some of their new riders are good but everything from Crail's end feels too little too late. They notoriously slept on some next level talents that ended up becoming stars while giving their friends way too much flexibility to sit around and milk it. Then the "legends" they had around ended up going to greener pastures, leaving them stagnant with "OG"s like Chris Roberts. Now the few riders with promise they have are forced to compete for the spotlight with teammates that have been over professional skateboarding for at least a decade but they're kept around because "they're the homie". That is, if the homie isn't busy being an abuser or w/e.

I agree entirely. I like what they’ve done the last couple years, but still feels like they came to the realization of having to change things up a little too late. And like you mentioned, one could make a laundry list of the guys Crail turned down who ended up being super successful. Jamie Foy is the immediate one that comes to mind, but I know there are loads more. And yeah, paying idiots like Brandon Biebel or Justin Eldridge to do quite literally nothing for years and years certainly didn’t help them.
Mike Mo said he flat out told them to take his board out of rotation and give the spot to somebody else, and they refused to do it. I mean, cool gesture, but not exactly the smartest business move. 

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
  • Free Max B
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2021, 10:12:28 AM »
We need a new Anthony Pappalardo interview. he’s gotta be psyched he never sent that email to rick now. What was it that he even wanted, just like some moral support or something bc it was a bad NY winter and he couldn’t skate? Or a plane ticket somewhere warm to skate w strobeck? Idk

Remember hearing years ago he landed an ill job just driving box trucks around ny to locations while other people emptied them. Not a bad gig if you’re not the one unloading them. Fuck unloading them trucks tho. Plus driving them around the city is a lot like when Kramer was driving the back of the fire truck in that one episode, shit gets real wild real quick especially  when you haven’t driven in 9 years and don’t have a CDL either way.

Has he ever told his side of the story of bitch slapping grant Patterson? And where the hell is the footage of that back 50-50 Skateboarder Cover? I think that was pre chocolate but still. That cover was sick. Someone get that man on the Bunt.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

theotherguy

• Rep: -26
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2021, 10:23:16 AM »
The best way for Girl to get the team they should have would be to change the Team Manager. They would also have to listen to the team manager when he or she wants to make changes.

The best thing that could happen to Girl would be a "behind the scenes" refresh. New brand manager, new TM, new marketing, new content production (filmer, director, editor).

Of course, this is like forming a new company but at this point, I think that is what Girl needs.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2021, 10:31:35 AM »

why are you framing warning a girl about someone's untreated herpes that he doesn't disclose like it's a bad thing to do
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

cky enthusiast

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2021, 11:01:12 AM »
i generally don’t approach women i don’t know

cky enthusiast

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2021, 11:02:14 AM »
and i guess i don’t assume all women automatically want to fuck pros. insanely backwards worldview, i know

veritas

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2021, 11:13:32 AM »
The best way for Girl to get the team they should have would be to change the Team Manager. They would also have to listen to the team manager when he or she wants to make changes.

The best thing that could happen to Girl would be a "behind the scenes" refresh. New brand manager, new TM, new marketing, new content production (filmer, director, editor).

Of course, this is like forming a new company but at this point, I think that is what Girl needs.

What they need is for someone to go out (in blackface) and recruit a new team of people who beat up women and the homeless, as well as spread stds intentionally to strangers

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2021, 12:03:08 PM »
Girl's at that weird point where it feels almost entirely reliant on vets like santa cruz to give it more clout than the young guys they have who are talented. I know who they are I just honestly don't really think about them outside of that team in the way I'd think of like Kader or louie or whoever else.
Suns out, im going skating. chow