Author Topic: Skate School Teachers: Are they Assholes?  (Read 1883 times)

Bumpovertrash

Re: Skate School Teachers: Are they Assholes?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2021, 04:27:18 PM »
There was a skate school dude who had the kids skate laps around the ouside of the park. Always thought that was funny

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1441
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2021, 07:17:59 PM »
One of my homies is a skate teacher, and he's pretty cool. Does a good job balancing teaching the kids The basics and being aware of the sets that skaters line up in and how to share the park

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2021, 07:38:52 PM »
This is funny, because I’m considering becoming a skate teacher here.

There aren’t any skate parks in my area, and the kids congregate at this one park with a small curb.  I was skating a bit there while my daughter played on the jungle gym, and some parents asked me about it, and said their son wanted to learn, and asked if i could give lessons.

So i began thinking about it. I’ve taught snowboarding for about 20 years, so i know how to teach and break movements down into simpler steps. But I also come from the old ‘learn it yourself’ mentality. But skating isn’t wheats it was in the 80’s. You have access to the internet, and there are lots of options for learning than just seeing a still photo and trying to figure it out by yourself. Part of me feels that I’d rather them learn from me than watching Braille (or that Japanese equivalent, since that’s where i am).

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2021, 08:54:35 PM »
Yes but they are less an arsehole than a person with no job whatsoever

Some people appear doing fairly good off this shit in Australia

Backing it it’s 2021 ay and did we not all get smoked off mad foolish shit back in the day I know I was a stupid kid cause you’d have to watch some burner at the park and then ask them, it was difficult

And also it will progress things I for one wanna be the old ass man drunk off my tits at the pub just having my face melted off watching some bullshit trick that I just bet on
listen to cosmic psychos