Author Topic: Felipe Oliveira "WORLDXIT PART 3"  (Read 837 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
Felipe Oliveira "WORLDXIT PART 3"
« on: March 31, 2021, 10:38:24 AM »

Tons of wild stuff, including one fucked up hippy jump and two crazy enders. Big fan of this guy, always laughing and embraces his individuality all the while with a good head on his shoulders, hopefully making Salvador proud.

Interview with him here: https://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/felipe-oliveira-interview
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 10:46:32 AM by silhouette »

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
Re: Felipe Oliveira "WORLDXIT PART 3"
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 11:02:41 AM »

Tons of wild stuff, including one fucked up hippy jump and two crazy enders. Big fan of this guy, always laughing and embraces his individuality all the while with a good head on his shoulders, hopefully making Salvador proud.

Interview with him here: https://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/felipe-oliveira-interview
HELL YEAH FELIPE1!!!!

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 01:08:26 PM »
Must be nice to be that good - to think of a weird trick and just do it.

"You know what? I'm just gonna throw an ollie north to nosegrind revert in a line just because."

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 01:09:31 PM »
Must be nice to be that good - to think of a weird trick and just do it.

"You know what? I'm just gonna throw an ollie north to nosegrind revert in a line just because."

Heavy Ocean Howell vibes on that one, I thought.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 09:22:46 PM »
Felipe is a magician.

edit: bump
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 05:41:57 PM by Sila »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 11:29:31 AM »
edit: bump

Haha I was actually going to bump this to say damn, no love for the nollie noseslide to b/s noseblunt, that clip has been having me bugging the fuck out for days.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »
I hate to see pieces like this almost instantly fall off the first page. Felipes skating is a delight to watch. C'mon people.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 10:47:53 PM »
i'm also bumping this, if it's not american or european people in this boards won't give a fuck...

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 10:49:54 AM »
i'm also bumping this, if it's not american or european people in this boards won't give a fuck...

I can see why it's easy to imagine national discrimination but I don't think that's exactly how it works, you have underground European or US skaters or videos that get zero attention on here as well, it's just that the majority of people are more likely to check out names (be it skater names or brand names) they already recognize instead of being curious about what they have yet to discover, the human brain is wired that way, marketing loves it and the industry has had the monopoly on deciding whose skating was interesting and whose wasn't for a long time and so there's still this habitual pattern in the basic traditional skateboarder of not trusting the unvalidated (for the lack of a better word). Personally I think that's a plague of a mindset and just shows how strong the power of marketing is. For instance I'm sure if the title of this very thread had mentioned Converse then more people would have clicked on it because it would have functioned as a mental anchor. But I prefer it when something is just posted and then speaks to whoever it has to speak to, it's more organic communication; not much point in competing with Nyjah threads in terms of replies, that's pop culture. What matters is projects get shared and thus the possibility of being seen and appreciated, even if by a silent minority, or a majority of lurkers.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 03:11:29 AM »
I was gonna post this video right after the YouTube premiere but then I had that same thought. Like a good portion of the videos I actually like don’t get any real love on here. My lady saw the thumbnail and thought he had a basic flying flock silhouette but as a face tat lol.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Harrison's Fjord

• Rep: 7
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 08:43:14 AM »
That was awesome. Always liked watching this guy in 'slides and grinds'. Him and max palmer on a session would be tight