Author Topic: Skatervist  (Read 1736 times)

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
Skatervist
« on: March 31, 2021, 03:08:08 PM »
This is some shit maybe you already do, but gave this one some thought today Already labeled a kook on here anyways.

After all these allegations of sexual assault on skateboarders, I decided to encourage their accountability by completely unfollowing them and refusal to buy their products. If nothing happens from that, I'm gonna stop following their teammates as well.

Unfortunately, that means brands I really like, but this allows me to support these other brands that may not have the same level of visibility.

Crail camp
Quasi
GX1000
Are just the ones I can think of
All I'm asking is for accountability. It's not that hard.
Baker is on notice, because that Figgy acknowledgement was kind of sus.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 11:07:29 PM by TurdyBird »
The chillest1

snowballz

• Rep: -12
Re: Skatervist
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 04:22:51 PM »
This is some shit maybe you already do, but gave this one some thought today Already labeled a kook on here anyways.

After all these allegations to sexual assault on skateboarders, I decided to encourage their accountability by completely unfollowing them and refusal to buy their products. If nothing happens from that, I'm gonna stop following their teammates as well.

Unfortunately, that means brands I really like, but this allows me to support these other brands that may not have the same level of visibility.

Crail camp
Quasi
GX1000
Are just the ones I can think of
All I'm asking is for accountability. It's not that hard.
Baker is on notice, because that Figgy acknowledgement was kind of sus.

I agree with you, but can you post a link/screenshot of the Figgy acknowledgement? I didn't know they acknowledged it. That makes it worse. A lot worse.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 04:25:40 PM »
Hmmm, nah. I'm looking forward to buying a Justin Henry board.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 04:33:49 PM »
Love to unfollow on social media to hold corporations accountable
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »
Haha, if enough people did it, it could have an impact. I'm only citing smaller board companies. IG is one of the few marketing tools a brand has. Been buying outlet cons, but going back to giving my business else where.

Figg either deleted it, or it was in a stories. Looks like I'm done with Baker
The chillest1

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 10:57:30 PM »
I'm done with Baker too honestly
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

applejuice

• Rep: 10
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 11:02:48 PM »
Fully agree with you, currently thinking about making a doc with a list of companies that are still backing dudes with sexual assault allegations. If that's something anyone thinks should be made I will do it.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 11:08:15 PM »
I've been singing the name of this thread to the song Edelweiss all day.

At some point I figured out that the I in the word wasn't a hard I and then understood what you meant but the song stayed in my head the rest of day anyway.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 11:12:07 PM »
Fully agree with you, currently thinking about making a doc with a list of companies that are still backing dudes with sexual assault allegations. If that's something anyone thinks should be made I will do it.

Yeah, I'd personally find it useful. Honestly, I'm good on boards right now, but I think in a few months when I'm looking again, I'm gonna show some love to There skateboards or Glue. They both represent a smaller yet growing community within skateboarding who could use more support.

Either way @applejuice, I think that'd be a great thing for more people than just me.
The chillest1

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 11:43:10 PM »
I've been singing the name of this thread to the song Edelweiss all day.

At some point I figured out that the I in the word wasn't a hard I and then understood what you meant but the song stayed in my head the rest of day anyway.

Skkkkkaaaaaaterrrrrviiiiist, skaaaaaaterrrrrrviiiist
The chillest1

suckmadeck

• Rep: 28
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 04:15:13 AM »
I fully back this. GX1000 lost my love when they attacked that guard with a board (leaving him with brain damaged I believe) then all the sexual assault allegations. Crail lost my love when they brought Kenny back like nothing had happened. If Kenny had came out and talked about it and what he did or was doing to change then I could support it but he just popped up months later. Now with Yonnie? cmon Crail, you can be better.

applejuice

• Rep: 10
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 06:31:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I'd personally find it useful. Honestly, I'm good on boards right now, but I think in a few months when I'm looking again, I'm gonna show some love to There skateboards or Glue. They both represent a smaller yet growing community within skateboarding who could use more support.

Either way @applejuice, I think that'd be a great thing for more people than just me.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyxuHFXvPxDt0v5gMGX6LwRVwauIcD9_qgqphRAwI0Y/edit?usp=sharing
this is a baby version of the list rn

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 06:36:58 PM »
What happened with Quasi? Can someone fill me in

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 06:58:29 PM »
theyre quasi-rape apologists

Magnolia

• Rep: 433
  • She/They
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 07:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

With you 100%, I've bought a couple There boards and I love being able to support a company that supports my community

Was super stoked to pick up one these boards over the summer
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

EvenStevieNicks

• Rep: 30
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 03:11:56 AM »
I fully back this. GX1000 lost my love when they attacked that guard with a board (leaving him with brain damaged I believe) then all the sexual assault allegations. Crail lost my love when they brought Kenny back like nothing had happened. If Kenny had came out and talked about it and what he did or was doing to change then I could support it but he just popped up months later. Now with Yonnie? cmon Crail, you can be better.

Coincidentally, that was the breaking point for me too. Roll Up was wicked and I was on board but that assault was viceous. It doesn't surprise me at all that guys like that have other, overlapping issues.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 04:10:49 AM »
what happened to quasi ?
check my music