Author Topic: Yonnie Cruz caught in a Stuckey situation, RAPE ALLEGATIONS, victims share texts  (Read 181995 times)

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Expand Quote
at this point, do we even care if crail makes a statement anymore? their continued silence already shows their stance; if they make a statement now it's clearly just for damage control and not sincere
[close]

They probably wait until monday because of legal consultation, etc.or they hope that everyone will forget it after weekend.
Companies are usually careful with such statements and take their time for releasing such.

Yeah it definitely takes consulting a lawyer before saying "we do not condone sexual abusers"..

Saying something like that should take no effort or second thought. Speaks volumes when people/companies hesitate to say something that should just be so obvious.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92

Too make a statement would offer a level of transparency the skate industry just doesn’t have a the balls to show. it would alert a larger audience to an issue they were unaware of. Most skateboard enthusiasts don’t really follow stories like this. It’s easy for them just to let Yonnie go quietly and never acknowledge why.

This is why Nine Club needs to address it. Also why a Crail statement still matters, even if their redemption ship has long sailed.

dannyprovolone

is an apology from the craigtap actually going to make anyones day better? it would just cause them to lose money & nobody buying their shit anyway. bummed I had so many of their decks back in the day. but dude already got axed. 9 club is merely an advertising vessel they are absolutely not the kind of people to address this and probably just stoked that their homie the perfect man KA can still get a check

best of luck to the many victims of the yannie creep tho. hope they find peace. should kick off that man child guy as well his dumb smile alone is rage inducing

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
is an apology from the craigtap actually going to make anyones day better? it would just cause them to lose money & nobody buying their shit anyway. bummed I had so many of their decks back in the day. but dude already got axed. 9 club is merely an advertising vessel they are absolutely not the kind of people to address this and probably just stoked that their homie the perfect man KA can still get a check

best of luck to the many victims of the yannie creep tho. hope they find peace. should kick off that man child guy as well his dumb smile alone is rage inducing

Just going to express this point one more time as I have in other threads. Crailtap not saying anything is harmful to the skate community. Silence is what allows these actions run rife in the skate community.

It's important to remember that most skaters do not read SLAP, do not know Yonnie Cruz and don't know these things at all, the industry (Crailtap in this case) is profiting off those people never finding out about this stuff which is evidently perpetuating skate rape culture in the process.

It going to cost them to make a stand, but if they don't I think it'll make them worthless in a few years anyway, this place won't forget.

dannyprovolone

lol ok but were talking about dudes who called their company chocolate so they could turn a profit off of black and brown skaters. dont be too surprised when they do not say sorry for any of this. and if they do I wouldnt take it seriously in the first place since it is just about business

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
lol ok but were talking about dudes who called their company chocolate so they could turn a profit off of black and brown skaters. dont be too surprised when they do not say sorry for any of this. and if they do I wouldnt take it seriously in the first place since it is just about business

Na I get where you're coming from, I'm not saying a statement/stand this late on would make them a good company/people, we're all on here and know the extent of their self inflicted short comings. But if a public statement aimed at denouncing the disgusting, misogynistic believes/actions of skaters was made by a company with influence, maybe it could at least stop 1 person from going down this route. Maybe it could cause a couple of friends to stop enabling this behaviour. Maybe it could create a progressive conversation at a skatepark somewhere. Positive thinking I know and I will most definitely still think they suck but it would better than nothing at all.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180

You're not wrong, but that shouldnt stop people with a conscience from demanding a higher standard.

I mean this shit is really fucked. A statement is the absolute lowest-bar, bare-minimum Craig should be doing at this point.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 06:17:46 AM by bigdave »
ok thanks

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
If you can learn to skate you can learn to speak up for survivors of sexual assault and call out your boys when they fuck up.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
I can't imagine that at this point they won't make some sort of statement.  neither page has posted since yonnie 'resigned'.  not that its going to be some world shifting response, and maybe I really am expecting too much, but I think they pretty much have to acknowledge it in some capacity at this point.  maybe the 9 club can use this as a segue to get away from those god awful stop and chats
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
I can't imagine that at this point they won't make some sort of statement.  neither page has posted since yonnie 'resigned'
id like to believe they’ll make a statement/ take some sort of action but there was straight up crickets when KA’s fiasco went down ...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
I follow the skate industry fairly regularly, and since its enormous there are always people who slip through cracks. I literally have never heard of Yonnie Cruz until this post.

But man this kid really seems like a real piece of work. I have deep sympathy for all the victims he knowingly gave STD's to; there are even accusations of sexual assault and rape now as well.

I prefer the Bunt over the 9Club like most people on this board, I assume (mid 30's skaters). But I swear, if Chris Roberts doesn't touch on this issue / or have female skaters or victims come on to talk about this situation...I'm completely done with that Podcast and Crail in general. It would be straight up whitewashing the crimes Yonnie committed.

Another poster made the comment that Chris, Jeron, and Justin Eldridge are all under the CrailTap Roof---if they don't mention or touch on these issues they are seriously a part of the problem.

This is me currently,  Craig and that spineless pod do not exist in my mid 30 skater world...

bigdave

• SLAP Pal

This is me currently,  Craig and that spineless pod do not exist in my mid 30 skater world...

From heroes to absolute kooks.
ok thanks

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
Expand Quote
I can't imagine that at this point they won't make some sort of statement.  neither page has posted since yonnie 'resigned'
[close]
id like to believe they’ll make a statement/ take some sort of action but there was straight up crickets when KA’s fiasco went down ...

you are more than likely right
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
I feel like people are being a bit hard on crail about this. I'm sure Rick, Mike and Sam have spent a bit of time on tours with Yonnie but due the age difference they won't be super close. I'm sure lots of the younger skaters on the team use tinder or try to meet girls regularly but mostly it is harmless. They probably don't have any idea he is knowingly spreading diseases. I'd bet even his close friends didn't know.

As for making a statement, it's always pretty hollow when big corporations do it so I can understand why they might want to avoid it in the short-term. Might be better to wait and do something a bit more authentic with substance that actually might benefit the victims or change perceptions about what is acceptable behavior. I think the difference with the Kenny situation is that it wasn't as cut and dry as this and maybe they gave Kenny the benefit of the doubt knowing things we didn't.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
I feel like people are being a bit hard on crail about this. I'm sure Rick, Mike and Sam have spent a bit of time on tours with Yonnie but due the age difference they won't be super close. I'm sure lots of the younger skaters on the team use tinder or try to meet girls regularly but mostly it is harmless. They probably don't have any idea he is knowingly spreading diseases. I'd bet even his close friends didn't know.

As for making a statement, it's always pretty hollow when big corporations do it so I can understand why they might want to avoid it in the short-term. Might be better to wait and do something a bit more authentic with substance that actually might benefit the victims or change perceptions about what is acceptable behavior. I think the difference with the Kenny situation is that it wasn't as cut and dry as this and maybe they gave Kenny the benefit of the doubt knowing things we didn't.

He’s in his 30s.  Not that significant of an age difference

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41

You're being about as generous with Crailtap as possible here. While Kenny's situation isn't as cut and dry in terms of actual evidence against him in the form of texts, pics, etc., there was evidence enough in the fact that several women came forward with stories of emotional terrorization, physical assault and rape. He even posted a fucking statement of accountability on his profile, which is the last thing any innocent person would do in that situation.

It's certainly possible Yonnie's friends didn't know he was intentionally spreading a disease, but considering the fact he posted a pic of himself getting head at his pro party or whatever, I think it's safe to say that Yonnie's behavior toward women has not been met with dissent from his social circle.

I agree it usually feels disingenuous when companies issue one time statements on these issues, but the point is that it's long past due for Crail. If this was the very first time one of their riders had been outed as a dangerous predator, I'd agree with you and say let's give them some time to make a thoughtful statement. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. I imagine a statement will come out next week due to the amount of comments I'm seeing on IG about it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 03:12:26 PM by HotnSpicyMcChicken »

racial chandler

• Rep: -8
i used to pal around w/ some guys who had herpes, hpv. they'd share it w/ anyone and they [according to self reporting] were in the triple digits of partners. not the best guys at the end of the day but great skaters!

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
i used to pal around w/ some guys who had herpes, hpv. they'd share it w/ anyone and they [according to self reporting] were in the triple digits of partners. not the best guys at the end of the day but great skaters!

Focus.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Lord Viper Scorpion

what are their names

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Expand Quote
[close]

what are their names

Lord Viper Scorpion

checks out

bigdave

• SLAP Pal

He's a grown ass man working for grown ass men. Believe me, the "hollow when coming from corporations" paradigm isnt the reason and even if it was, it looks just as bad. I wonder what other behavior Craig is concerned about hearing about next.
ok thanks

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what are their names
[close]

Don’t tell me Tommy Fynn’s on team Entertainment 720 too.  :(
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
  • Free Max B
looks like that kid from that dairy team

free max b
FREE MAX B

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 99
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what are their names
[close]

why tommy look like a mannequin

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
RX1000
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what are their names
[close]

[close]

why tommy look like a mannequin

inkandimages

• Rep: 131