Author Topic: Austyn to be on Globe?  (Read 24907 times)

FirstBlood82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
Re: Austyn to be on Globe?
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2021, 09:53:57 AM »
This thread has reminded me of these. They looked so cool in my head as a kid, not sure what I was thinking

i like puffy shoes, but thats too much

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2021, 10:23:30 AM »
Austyn to globe makes perfect sense and I don’t see the issue.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2021, 10:45:52 AM »
excited for his united by fate part, hope they still have the smokey van
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2021, 04:37:29 PM »
Also for the Huf Dylan fans out there

I honestly think Globe could fill that Gravis/Huf niche market.

Heavy Huf classic vibes with this one.
These skate loafers on a black leather colorway would look pretty damn elegant, would cop. Also tbh skateboarding needs a new Gravis...

coneklr

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2021, 06:17:28 PM »
Ngl after having skated multiple pair of both, I'd choose Globe over Vans at this point.  This could also go in the 2021 unpopular opinions thread

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2021, 07:41:30 PM »
It’s weird but I can see it. I’m all for it, especially if Austyn gets a living wage and we get more footage and the like from him.

Still will never buy them, but I’ll be stoked none the less.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2021, 08:02:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I stand by my continued belief that it would be cooler if Austyn were on Emerica.
[close]

Imagining Austyn skating to Earthless as my field of vision narrows to a tunnel.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2021, 08:12:19 PM »
Ngl after having skated multiple pair of both, I'd choose Globe over Vans at this point.  This could also go in the 2021 unpopular opinions thread

I feel this. I never had globe not even in their hay day. But damn I’d skate a globe shoe before vans now Crocketts are great but after that every vans I skate I regret.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2021, 08:20:28 PM »
Anytime an "Austyn on *shoe company*" thread comes up I will continually say I want him on Adidas so we can get a Busenitz/Austyn shared part of the fastest pushing possible.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2021, 09:53:00 PM »
Dylan would b on Globe
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2021, 05:58:30 AM »
Those are 100% globes in that ig clip. My boy has a pair in black and I’m always telling him they look like they’d be good shoes for skimboarding in a full wetsuit.
If they gave him the bag then who am I to hate. But if they didn’t, leaving vans proflow was a bad move.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2021, 07:05:52 AM »
I just DMed Appleyard in instagram: "Austyn is on the team, thats pretty good."

He liked my message.

Like a man!

If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 144
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2021, 08:08:00 AM »
I'm all for Austyn on Globe. He definitely could've taken the more traditional route of sticking it out in hopes of getting Vans Pro, or maybe Converse, so I respect the confidence; and Globe suits him well. I wouldn't be surprised if he ups Globe's cool factor and I start seeing them out in the wild.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2021, 08:14:43 AM »
I had a pair of Globe Danny Gonzalez shoes a long time ago and honestly, they were incredible shoes. I always wanted to skate another pair but never got around to it. I’m a weirdo and still look at the Globe site a few times a year and I don’t think their shoes look bad at all. I kind of find them appealing. The newest Appleyard shoes are legit nice looking skate shoes in my opinion. I very very rarely spend full retail on skate shoes because I’m cheap and look for bargains. If I saw a pair of Globe shoes I liked on sale I’d pick them up for sure though.

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2021, 09:54:06 AM »
Not sure if it’s been mentioned here yet but Vincent Milou is also on Globe and to me that’s another sign that they’re going the right direction.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2021, 10:58:22 AM »
If Stefan wasn't on Nike I could see him on Globe
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

coneklr

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2021, 12:05:43 PM »
Fuck it, I'll let you guys know how it goes.  Was always bummed I missed the oiled look on the old AVE's.

ballintoohard

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2021, 12:35:25 PM »
After recently trying Vans, Nike SB, Jordan’s, Emerica, Last Resort, and New Balance the quality and fit level of the big brands is just higher. The Last Resorts are nicely made but the side of the instep doesn’t fit a lot of people’s feet well and they’re just a generic floppy vulc which isn’t hard to do. If Globe puts enough cash into the program from their sheer size and makes some great shoes I’m for it. America’s just miss the mark altogether for me and that Vans insole is pure garbage IMO. Don’t even get me started on how bad Lakai, es, and basically everyone else but Adidas seems to be

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2021, 12:44:49 PM »
I'm all for Austyn on Globe. He definitely could've taken the more traditional route of sticking it out in hopes of getting Vans Pro, or maybe Converse, so I respect the confidence; and Globe suits him well. I wouldn't be surprised if he ups Globe's cool factor and I start seeing them out in the wild.
The only skaters i can think of in my town who still dress like this are mid 30's and skate about 1-2 hours a week, so their shoes last a while. The young impressionable teens ripping through shoes in a hurry are all wearing DC's, NB and Nike. The uptick is going to be marginal.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »
After recently trying Vans, Nike SB, Jordan’s, Emerica, Last Resort, and New Balance the quality and fit level of the big brands is just higher. The Last Resorts are nicely made but the side of the instep doesn’t fit a lot of people’s feet well and they’re just a generic floppy vulc which isn’t hard to do. If Globe puts enough cash into the program from their sheer size and makes some great shoes I’m for it. America’s just miss the mark altogether for me and that Vans insole is pure garbage IMO. Don’t even get me started on how bad Lakai, es, and basically everyone else but Adidas seems to be

The Emericas I selected & bought are good shoes for anything, Nike is just nike, after trying a pair of bad Globes it makes me need a good pair. If your going to buy a big shoe brand you gotta sketch it out. . Lakai actually got me through for awhile. Got the Halfcab pro's and they are great
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2021, 01:36:42 PM »
Austyn isn't cool enough to make anyone care about Globe.

The shops still won't buy em and the skaters still won't skate em.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2021, 01:57:50 PM »

I would
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »

It completely depends on what model you try and your specific foot characteristics. I can’t even wear NB# or Adidas cause they don’t make shoes that fit if you have flat feet. The Nikes I bought were too floppy from the get go so they only got skated once. Meanwhile, almost every Emerica/Es/Etnies I’ve tried on fits my foot perfectly. So I assume the ‘core’ brands have less arch support, and that’s why they fit me better. A shoe with arch support actually hurts my foot.
As for quality, that’s never really been an issue for me and the Cons and one pair of Nikes I have definitely did not reflect the quality argument people always claim for the big guys. Just my own experience.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2021, 03:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would

This might be an incredibly shitty take and I don’t mean to minimize any of Austyn’s talent or accomplishments (he’s one of my favorites), but I honestly think Dylan’s influence and legacy is what really fuels a lot of Austyn’s popularity. Whenever I click on any of his vids on YouTube, it’s full of ‘Dylan would be proud’ type comments and they’ve always been a perfect duo in my mind. Like a Josh and Stevie or Jerry and Louie. I think whatever Austyn does will succeed in some way due to Dylan.

Again, might be shitty of me to put it that way, but it’s what I’ve noticed.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2021, 04:17:47 PM »
Smart move - so much talk of the big corpo brands making team cuts over the last year.... then look at Appleyard, he's still probably getting a nice check as a legacy pro for Globe chilling out in Hawaii.   

ricky bobby

« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2021, 04:25:38 PM »
I like Austyn as a skateboarder but I really don't think he's relevant enough anymore to influence a large group of people to buy a pair of Globes. I doubt that he's influenced many to buy a Habitat board in 2020-2021 either.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2021, 04:49:01 PM »
I think this is sick. Even if it doesn't generate waves, who cares? it's better than what globe was doing before. Some of yall really need to get that big corporate shoe company dick out of your mouths. I definitely disagree with the above comment about the soletech quality vs big brands. Their teams are straight dookie but the cupsoles I've skated have been great.

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »
Last I “heard” from the globe camp here in Oz was that they were doing a revamp of the skate program but had no intention of paying the team money. This is also why a well known TM and all round legend of a person, who backed the brand for years is now wearing nikes as “the rumour” is he refused to back a program that didn’t pay their riders.
Not sure if “said rumour happened and that” since that stance was made, it has made Globe reconsider their approach now in paying Austyn to come on board, but it would be smart if they did.

The main point is that Globe is Surf company that make skate shoes, it’s where their bread and butter lies, the surf outlet shops still by globes and in Australia it’s the only company that is considered to be somewhat Australian, so the national pride is still there to try and back it.
Austyn is a perfect match for the image I see Globe taking with its surf & fashion infused culture and could be back in the mix again with one great shoe.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 09:40:22 PM by clintendo »

ballintoohard

« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2021, 07:15:59 PM »
Of course fit matters. Beyond that the Emericas I’ve tried felt kinda dead and stiff, kind of a letdown. I haven’t liked the way Vans have felt since Popcush became a thing and the new line actually felt worse to me and the Half Cabs I got feel like another let down.

Obviously every brand has issues, my point about larger brands with bigger budgets is just that they have the money and distribution to develop something competitive quickly and overall the competition isn’t exactly tough. I don’t love Adidas but I’ve seen less Lakai, Emerica, and other brands than I have the black Tyshawns. If you like Blazers they generally don’t change much and are always available same with most of the larger brand flagship shoes, so my point was that Globe has the potential to introduce something similar.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2021, 07:29:01 PM »
Bought these & although I ditched laces for a little bit I was thoroughly pleased
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby