Author Topic: Austyn to be on Globe?  (Read 24825 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Austyn to be on Globe?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2021, 10:14:18 PM »
He surfs and as previously mentioned has connects there, so it all kind of fits. My feet can't do Globes the last time I tried but I guess this is cool.

Anyone ever buy Former clothes? I wanna buy, but I'm too much of a bargain hunter

i got a former tee and the lilly hat from a garage skate shop sale.  shirt is fine, good quality but nothing crazy.  i do not like the fit of the hat.  i dont like how the seam in the front sticks out. considering removing the patch and putting it on a hat that fits better.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2021, 02:31:45 AM »
He’d look good in some CT-IV’s

Everyone looks good in CT-IV's
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2021, 04:05:48 AM »
I think this could work, Austyn get paid, globe become cool... is a winning winning situation.

I even imagine a skate/surf trip with the glob surf team like those videos monster children did with Dylan and some surfers...

They just need  to do the shit really good to be successful

If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2021, 04:17:38 AM »
Good god another industry shakeup every week wow this is crazy like

Globe is basically just volcom shoes, who gives a shit.

Free Max
FREE MAX B

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2021, 04:18:03 AM »
They need to get a filmer that knows how to make something remotely interesting to watch.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Dopethrone

• Rep: -20
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2021, 04:52:16 AM »
The globe sprout was a great shoe. Would add a picture but im incompetent

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2021, 05:03:48 AM »
If they give austyn a pro model I think he would make something cool looking. Those new Appleyard shoes that look like a soccer shoe look good just not for me

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2021, 06:34:46 AM »
I think this is sick. Bobby single handedly made people want Ventures. Think something similar could happen here.

Btw went to their site... They make hardgoods?

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2021, 07:05:37 AM »
I think this is sick. Bobby single handedly made people want Ventures. Think something similar could happen here.

Btw went to their site... They make hardgoods?

I think they've been making longboard type shit and beginner type setups for awhile now. It seems odd, but they're owned by Dwindle right? I guess it kinda makes sense.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2021, 07:17:14 AM »
It’s a tough sell to make globe cool but it could happen. Some good designs and i’ve liked the few i had 10+ years ago.
They have to ditch daveeed and descenzo, which i don’t see happening, and they’d have a chance.

I’m all for a gravis aesthetic. Loved those shoes.

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2021, 07:22:01 AM »
Im not mad if he just straight up just redid the Huf Dylans but just being from Globe, we need that shoe back.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2021, 07:25:17 AM »
Also a possibility, and I know this is a wild theory, but maybe the person who runs Globe's social media just wants to follow Austyn and there is nothing more to it than that.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2021, 07:26:05 AM »
Globe might not be cool in skateboarding but they are big in surfing. Get this man on and paid.

Can't wait for the team trips where Daveed, Decenzo and Austyn get into pillow fights

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2021, 07:34:18 AM »
Also a possibility, and I know this is a wild theory, but maybe the person who runs Globe's social media just wants to follow Austyn and there is nothing more to it than that.

So what you’re really saying is that you didn’t watch the clip of him skating a pair of globe’s in this very thread?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2021, 07:38:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So what you’re really saying is that you didn’t watch the clip of him skating a pair of globe’s in this very thread?

Damn you! I did see it. But I had already formulated my devastating comment so I chose to ignore that bit evidence and proceed with my posting plan.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2021, 07:47:50 AM »
If Austyn gets on Globe, he's gonna ruin all the $27 dollar (but look better and higher quality than Vans) deals by making them cool. Globe pretty much went high class a few years back, there clothes are nice. They just have a shit image.
Welp, do your internet searches now, there's like 4 pretty nice Globe models out now that you can always score cheap.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2021, 07:55:27 AM »
Difference between Dylan and Gravis and Austyn and Globe is that Gravis didn't have the baggage of an image in skating prior to Dylan and co making it cool. Godspeed to Austyn. Weird move but I would love to see hardcore austyn stans in fucking globes in 2021.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2021, 08:16:15 AM »
Has anyone here tried the octaves?

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2021, 08:20:44 AM »
Globe is still massive around the world in the surfing and softgoods industries.

Globe has literally been "image-less" for the last 10 years.

I didn't realize they only had like 6 people on the pro skate team.

They are totally in a spot to add 3-4 big-name people who can shape it into a Gravis style situation (as mentioned earlier)

This is a big fucking deal.  One of the biggest and most popular skateboarders in the world is joining skate/surf native company?! Aside from Huf Shoes and Vans when was the last time anyone as big as Austyn joined a company that wasn't Nike, Adidas, Cons, NB#?

My current opinion of Globe is...i don't even have one.  Which is a good thing!   

This seems like it could really be a cool opportunity.  Especially if they're paying their team a livable salary. 

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2021, 08:23:23 AM »
Has anyone here tried the octaves?

I've ways wondered about those and a few other cupsoles of theirs.

Who is on their skate team now?

Appleyard, Daveed, Vincent Malou, Sammy Montano, ??

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2021, 08:23:34 AM »
Globe is still massive around the world in the surfing and softgoods industries.

They are totally in a spot to add 3-4 big-name people who can shape it into a Gravis style situation (as mentioned earlier)

This is a big fucking deal.  One of the biggest and most popular skateboarders in the world is joining skate/surf native company?! Aside from Huf Shoes and Vans when was the last time anyone as big as Austyn joined a company that wasn't Nike, Adidas, Cons, NB#?

This seems like it could really be a cool opportunity.  Especially if they're paying their team a livable salary.
Do you think they will drop their current team to do this rebrand? Daveed, Decenzo, Appleyard, Mullen really derails the direction it seems they want to go. I feel bad for them if they all get dropped for the cool guys. Even though I do prefer to watch guys like Austyn.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2021, 08:31:20 AM »
I'd support a Globe resurrection but the only issue is they've got 20 or so years of negative image within skating to turn around. They weren't even that big a deal back in the day when DVS, Circa etc were respectable. Maybe that's a good thing in that they don't have as much of a perceived fall from grace and haven't kooked themselves as publicly as others. But there's pretty much no companies ever that have pulled themselves back into having respect within skating after so long without it.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2021, 08:42:37 AM »
I'd support a Globe resurrection but the only issue is they've got 20 or so years of negative image within skating to turn around. They weren't even that big a deal back in the day when DVS, Circa etc were respectable. Maybe that's a good thing in that they don't have as much of a perceived fall from grace and haven't kooked themselves as publicly as others. But there's pretty much no companies ever that have pulled themselves back into having respect within skating after so long without it.

Globe was massive in the 2000s.  United by Fate was a big success and shoes like the Encore were they're mainstay model for years and years. As far as the 2010s...nothing happened whatsoever. Aside from Appleyard.

Expand Quote

[close]
Do you think they will drop their current team to do this rebrand? Daveed, Decenzo, Appleyard, Mullen really derails the direction it seems they want to go. I feel bad for them if they all get dropped for the cool guys. Even though I do prefer to watch guys like Austyn.

I don't see how you don't let Rodney, Decenzo and Daveed go.  Not only do they not fit in with the probable rebrand but Rodney isn't a pro skateboarder anymore and the other two no one gives a rats ass about.

Keep Apples, Montano and Kim.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2021, 08:45:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t see them dropping Appleyard (who I think can fit in with the cool guy aesthetic of someone like Austyn) or Rodney (just for history’s sake). They definitely don’t need David. Decenzo is at least in Street League and Dime backs him so I could see them keeping him around for some appeal?

Montano seems to skate with Austyn a lot so they’d probably keep him too. I wonder if this could be a renaissance...

I stand by my continued belief that it would be cooler if Austyn were on Emerica.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2021, 08:53:14 AM »
I stand by my continued belief that it would be cooler if Austyn were on Emerica.

Imagining Austyn skating to Earthless as my field of vision narrows to a tunnel.

rock2fakie

• Rep: 7
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2021, 08:57:41 AM »
Austyn on Globe is a funny one; it’s both really weird yet also makes sense at the exact same time? :o

Yeah exactly, it's strange but it does somehow fit. I quite like some of their silhouettes and can imagine some of their shoes looking really good on him. I've been wanting to try the Los Angered II high top for ages, it's one of the nicest looking high tops out there at the moment imo.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2021, 09:01:48 AM »
Difference between Dylan and Gravis and Austyn and Globe is that Gravis didn't have the baggage of an image in skating prior to Dylan and co making it cool. Godspeed to Austyn. Weird move but I would love to see hardcore austyn stans in fucking globes in 2021.

The other difference is that Dylan could've probably gone anywhere at the time and Austyn doesn't have that luxury. He's amazing on a skateboard but I think his shoe sponsor choices are probably rather limited.

Realistically where is he going to go? I could see something like Cons being a possibility but from the sound of it no Nike affiliated company is going to be adding people anytime soon, same with Adidas.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2021, 09:05:40 AM »
The motley mid seemed okay in 2010
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Globe was massive in the 2000s.  United by Fate was a big success and shoes like the Encore were they're mainstay model for years and years. As far as the 2010s...nothing happened whatsoever. Aside from Appleyard.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I don't see how you don't let Rodney, Decenzo and Daveed go.  Not only do they not fit in with the probable rebrand but Rodney isn't a pro skateboarder anymore and the other two no one gives a rats ass about.

Rodney is the second most well known skateboarder in the world though, that's got to be worth having him on even just in an ambassador type role.

Austyn on Emerica would be cool though, he kind of fits the vibe they had not long ago before their whole team became basically the same person.
Keep Apples, Montano and Kim.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:09:53 AM by Billy Bitchcakes »

coneklr

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »
Looks like nothing in their current lineup is using the cupsole that Haslam's mid top (The Abyss) had which is too bad as that was a great cupsole.