Author Topic: Fs noseblunts  (Read 717 times)

Eds_gallerist

Fs noseblunts
« on: April 04, 2021, 11:51:57 AM »
Hey everyone. I have always liked the way fs noseblunts look when done on a ledge. Its such a powerful trick and must be fun to do. I am hitting the 40 soon and would like to use my last bit of youth to learn them. At least I would like to dedicate to some which I havent so far. I can fs nosegrind and pop put mid legde and fs lipslide as well.
Not sure that helps.
Would be happy about recommendations of how to approach them. Is it easier to jump into them from the front of a ledge? How do you commit? What to avoid?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Fs noseblunts
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 09:10:25 PM »
Get good at backside noseslides too. You can start off going from behind and booger them a bit to get comfortable. Just do a big ollie and swing the board around the nose (imagine the nose is the fulcrum of the rotation that you keep in a fixed position over where you want to lock in, and you swing your back foot around the nose to do the 90 degree turn) and just press really hard down on your nose and push with your heel if its not sliding.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 05:44:21 PM by tzhangdox »

numagik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 09:57:34 PM »
Its such a powerful trick and must be fun to do.
lurking for tips cause yeah

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 10:40:06 PM »
Make sure your ledge will slide well where your wheels will be hitting. Crack the biggest ollie you can and fully turn your lower half into its but keep your upper half poised for balance and the dismount. Make sure to lean back enough for a nice slide or you’ll stick the moment your wheels hit. Honestly the hardest part about the trick is getting the nerve up to try it, but it’s easier than it looks IMO. Very fun trick once you master it and yes it does make you feel like a boss to throw one out in a park in that it looks powerful 

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 01:50:18 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the tips and insights! Ollieing high makes total sense, also centering the rotation around front foot. Gonna try next weekend if I can find the nerve to commit haha. Cheers

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 08:37:25 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlLBkr8enxE
I've only done 3 in my life all straight on booger slides. I thought of it as an exaggerated noseslide on top of the ledge. Coming from the side is unimaginable for me. Tips welcome on that.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 11:17:30 AM »
Woah, that looked super smooth camel filters! Wish I was there already.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 12:25:19 PM »
Woah, that looked super smooth camel filters! Wish I was there already.
Thank you! From the sound of it, if you have nosegrind pop outs and lips, you can definitely do noseblunts. The hardest part was just getting myself to try it. Still cant get myself to go from the side or try a longer ledge. The short length of the box definitely made it easier to try and jump out if the slide feels off. My biggest advice is to try and not air foot and get a solid ollie to a firm front foot plant onto the obstacle. Also, go a bit faster. Good luck!

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 01:24:46 PM »
This is on my list of tricks to re learn. I had them pretty consistent 10 years ago but they terrify me now. I remember going fast helped. For me they were easier to do longer and from the beginning of the ledge. I could never do them well in the middle of the ledge. I never did them the cheater straight over noseslide way but just couldn’t do them less than 6ft. They really aren’t that hard it’s just commiting that’s the hardest part. It’s definitely a mind fuck but so satisfying to land, powerful trick for sure. You got me sparked im going to give them a solid try on my next session.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 08:16:59 PM »
Can you do overturned fs nosegrinds ?