Author Topic: Tokyo 2021 Olympic Skatepark  (Read 3105 times)

my english is bad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
Re: Tokyo 2021 Olympic Skatepark
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2021, 11:37:44 PM »
Fuck street and bolw ,give the people what they want and that is Slalom

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 12:53:10 AM »
Pizzey skatepark in Australia is about to be updated with this extension with completion by September 2021.

Sincerely hoping this mirroring stuff doesn’t take off as the next trend of park designs
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 06:06:15 AM by clintendo »

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2021, 01:30:34 AM »
Expand Quote
What happens to the park after the games? Public use?
[close]
Hopefully it will be built to be kept standing. The Olympics are notorious for hastily building facilities that fall apart a few years after the games. Then it's the host cities problem to figure out what to do with them. bankrupting entire cities, even countries because it’s a stupid event with money and shitty tourists as it’s main incentive

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2021, 01:32:57 AM »
Shoulda let the Dime guys design it.

Can’t wait for Dime’s pisstake on the olympics to get more views and appreciation than some generic Californians skater doing the same kickflip combos.
Hope they can organize a 2021 event

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2021, 01:36:44 AM »
Boring as fuck. I can’t believe anyone can be hyped on this, or the olympics in general.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2021, 02:46:18 AM »
Details and more angles if anyone is interested: https://we.tl/t-4WArFUu4jG

I think it's pretty wild that they mirrored the whole street course, which I assume is done to level the playing field for both goofy and regular skateboarders. Definite Olympic influence right there, I cannot remember seeing anything like that in a contest before. Single obstacles, yes, but ensuring whole lines can be done exactly in the same way in either stance?

I don't care too much about the Olympics, but now I want to see someone do mirror lines on both sides.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2021, 06:47:08 AM »
Pizzey skatepark in Australia is about to be updated with this extension with completion by September 2021.

Sincerely hoping this mirroring stuff doesn’t take off as the next trend of park designs

This what the park looks like in Lake Havasu. Not as big but  very very street league/olympic like.

I'm not sure all parks are going to take this design but it seems like there is a trend going on...which makes sense, I mean, the company who pitches an "olympic level" or "olympic style" park to the city council/head of recreation is likely to get their attention and speak their language.

Hmmm, I could have sworn I was told if I'm not interested in the olympics it won't affect me.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2021, 08:23:40 AM »
Details and more angles if anyone is interested: https://we.tl/t-4WArFUu4jG

I think it's pretty wild that they mirrored the whole street course, which I assume is done to level the playing field for both goofy and regular skateboarders. Definite Olympic influence right there, I cannot remember seeing anything like that in a contest before. Single obstacles, yes, but ensuring whole lines can be done exactly in the same way in either stance?

I don't care too much about the Olympics, but now I want to see someone do mirror lines on both sides.

Thanks!

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.