Author Topic: Inside Sweden’s High School for Skateboarders | Post Radical Episode 1 - VICE  (Read 1054 times)

Morning Jazz Radio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
Very cool!

edit: I realize this may be old content. Not sure when the show originally aired. I just saw it for the first time this morning.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 12:14:30 PM by Morning Jazz Radio »

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
I think I'm stoked that I'm done with high school but the jealousy I have for these lucky ass Swedish kids is unreal right now. I'm torn on how I feel about the mention of them being graded on skating. I feel like that can be a bit weird depending on how they approach it. There was one kid's style in this that kept reminding me heavily of Heitor Dasilva. Looking forward to seeing the Ethiopian scene grow also.

twic3

• Rep: 16
Thats the skate school Oski and Heitor attended lol.

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
Thats the skate school Oski and Heitor attended lol.
Damn, i knew Oski came from there but not Heitor but that does not surprise me one bit lol, all these kids rip.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
As a teacher really interested in shining a light on skating in the community I serve, this was so cool. I'd love to play a part in making it more accessible to the kids who are missing that kind of connection to something other than video games
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
didn't Deedz and Ludvig go there too

Ville wester too I believe.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 241
the whole series is up on youtube for the first time

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDbSvEZka6GGlORtxAXR_AcTs1IfYkrWN

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
At least in Canada (and I assume the States), there have long been alternative schools that help kids who are chasing passions such as acting, arts, or traditional sports also receive a high-school education and an ability to go to university. Anything that helps more kids who are trying to chase skateboarding as a career have better options outside of dropping out at 15 or doing online/homeschooling to chase the dream, seems like solid progress to me. This shouldn't just exist for kids chasing pro status in country club sports like Tennis, Skiing, Golf, etc.