Author Topic: Quasi GRAND PRAIRIE  (Read 19635 times)

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
Re: Quasi GRAND PRAIRIE
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2021, 09:19:01 PM »
can someone tell me what was going on with that smudge/lens glare on Bobby's part?

It's a scratch on a lens they don't make anymore nor are many people selling second hand.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2021, 09:34:02 PM »
I absolutely loved mother but this just didn’t hold my attention. Don’t get me wrong some amazing stuff (loved bobby, Bledsoe’s sections, lots of Justin Henry’s, rizzo’s switch 50-50 fakie pop out against the wall), but the editing or something must’ve just lulled me a bit.

Also am i missing something or was that an 8 stair overcrook in a part from a newly minted pro in 2021 in the middle of Justin Henry’s part?

I fucking loved Bledsoe’s section because
A. I have a lot of nostalgia from some of his older parts
B. I have been to a lot of his Oregon/Portland spots and some of those tricks are fucked if you’ve seen the ground/spots in person

He’s just in Portland doing his thing and I think its great

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2021, 09:37:26 PM »
Expand Quote
can someone tell me what was going on with that smudge/lens glare on Bobby's part?
[close]

It's a scratch on a lens they don't make anymore nor are many people selling second hand.
Pretty sure they show the lens getting dinged in the outtakes too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2021, 09:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Pretty sure they show the lens getting dinged in the outtakes too.

thats paul garr. all of bobbys stuff is filmed by the goat; tom morrison.

you good? @Paulgar

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:55:11 PM by honey island »

babyyeezus

• Rep: -7
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2021, 10:29:42 PM »
Begging someone to tell me what track Bob is skating to. I’m guessing it’s Brian Eno, but I just spent 15 minutes flipping through his discography and I can’t find it

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2021, 10:47:09 PM »
Begging someone to tell me what track Bob is skating to. I’m guessing it’s Brian Eno, but I just spent 15 minutes flipping through his discography and I can’t find it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHjrMTqwTsw

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2021, 11:27:35 PM »
Everything was sick as i expected. Loved Dane's second song as well as Justin's.

Never in a million years could  you have predicted a F prank and Soprano driveway spot!

I'll be watching this a bunch/ continuing to buy Quasi.

Expand Quote
Such a good video, Quasi has a pretty damn cool squad. I liked the fact that the B-roll or what have you was released right away in the same package.

What are the songs in Dane's part?
[close]

Lexo and the Leapers- Time Machines
Godstar- Lie Down Forever

Thank you. 2 bands that I wasn't familiar with.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2021, 12:09:31 AM »
Solid full length video. Love the addition of the extras. Dane’s part is my favorite, super well rounded. As others have said I liked Rizzo’s excess of steep bank spots, that was sick. Justin Henry is dope. I also really enjoyed all the footage from people who didn’t have full parts.

Bobby is basically the plaza goat of the age at this point along with the other Bobby plaza goat. You know that Bobby guy on Krooked? Too bad they don’t have any shared sponsors so they could share a Bobby plaza goat part one day.

Anyways this was sick. Whole soundtrack is bangin. Gonna watch many more times I’m sure

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2021, 12:39:13 AM »
What a treat. Really sick video. I am only at the first 20 minutes but can't wait to see the rest. Everybody killed it so far. Rizzo's part was my favorite. And I watched that one heelflip from Justin like 30 times.
IG: @flowterspace

brbr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2021, 01:30:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Made the soundtracks playlist https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa_yOmXQ3l_yHbx2jArWdiI3z8tk2wYVx

flempa1one

• Rep: -17
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2021, 04:07:46 AM »
Expand Quote
I was excited when I saw the length of this, had me thinking they expanded their team.
there's already a decent list of skaters they've hooked up, seems like a missed opportunity not to introduce or at least hint at any other riders?

[close]

Putting someone on a company that is tight-nit as Quasi appears to be is a pretty big investment. There is probably more than meets the eye with the flow guys. Not like Nick Matthews & Justin Drysen are fielding offers elsewhere.

I would say keeping it a tight crew is exactly why the team has such a real and genuine feel, there's not an exact number to what's too many riders, but when it is exceeded it just doesn't feel right anymore, feel me?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2021, 04:51:48 AM »
Better than mother

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2021, 05:07:13 AM »
After watching it again I retract my previous complaints.  Rizzo might skate a lot of banks but he’s got a fast, original style and unpredictable trick selection, which is always entertaining.  And Henry’s part may not be as hammer-centric as his Mother part, but still full of them, and the way he catches certain tricks looks like straight up magic.  The flow and soundtrack are pretty perfect too. 

babyyeezus

• Rep: -7
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2021, 05:11:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Made the soundtracks playlist https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa_yOmXQ3l_yHbx2jArWdiI3z8tk2wYVx

Big thanks to both of yinz

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2021, 06:52:48 AM »
the catch on Justins heelflip is somethin special
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2021, 07:27:59 AM »
Watching again and really appreciate the humor in this video. POV taco crunch to the section with the woman and kid voice-over is great, and laughed hard again at the Worst Deli.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2021, 08:12:42 AM »
Reminds me of the first time I saw early Alien vids. Glad that spirit is still alive

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2021, 08:42:07 AM »
everything about this video was sick but that scratch on the lens seen through most of bobby's part was amateurish af. i dont care how irreplaceable it was, use a different camera lol

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2021, 08:51:22 AM »
Could someone remind me of the link between quasi and alien (appart from ex riders) ? some common people behind it ?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2021, 08:53:13 AM »
Solid full length video. Love the addition of the extras. Dane’s part is my favorite, super well rounded. As others have said I liked Rizzo’s excess of steep bank spots, that was sick. Justin Henry is dope. I also really enjoyed all the footage from people who didn’t have full parts.

Bobby is basically the plaza goat of the age at this point along with the other Bobby plaza goat. You know that Bobby guy on Krooked? Too bad they don’t have any shared sponsors so they could share a Bobby plaza goat part one day.

Anyways this was sick. Whole soundtrack is bangin. Gonna watch many more times I’m sure

Spitfire

Could someone remind me of the link between quasi and alien (appart from ex riders) ? some common people behind it ?

Chad Bowers old Alien TM/film work, started and owns Quasi  (some riders may also have some ownership, not sure).

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2021, 09:02:04 AM »
Haven't had the time to watch it yet (really looking forward to it!), but following slap protocol is too important not to comment on

I'd like it if we still called him DeBobby (if anyone actually ever did)

This is the proper name! When DeBobby started to shine so bright that he deserved to be talked about using only his first name, DeBobby was decided upon as his first name. Bobby already has two of the most important skaters fighting over the rights to be the real Bobby (worrest/puleo), and we can't have another one entering the cage.

Please fall in line and refer to him as DeBobby from now on.

(I shall return to the comments once I have seen the video)

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2021, 09:09:54 AM »
Cheers @figureitout

edit : if other people have short memory, here is an itw with chad bowers from when mother started
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/05/04/meet-the-man-behind-mother-collective/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 09:21:18 AM by Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein »

smackenzie

• Rep: 10
    • Blog avatar image
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2021, 10:23:13 AM »
Scratched lens was raw and unique to BDK's part. Hard to get Xtreme's now as others have pointed out. I like the attitude of just running it.

I thought it was cool that Justin had first part in Mother, and last part in this video. Nice little arc there. Dying to get my hands on that board!

Like others have said, I thoroughly enjoyed the bonus clips as well. It gave insight to the crew in a genuine way.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2021, 10:32:35 AM »

im all in for a Looks OK to Me 2 where they introduce a young kid (BDK) to mix things up between the two hardened veterans (Worrest and Hjalte)

it's not such a pipedream:
http://vimeo.com/447437397
hardly art, hardly starving

captaindoody

• Rep: -70
  • A turd for you
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2021, 10:46:46 AM »
Pretty underwhelming tbh. I do not understand the hype around Justin Henry

Bye

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2021, 01:25:34 PM »
Almost alll the Bledsoe trick in the bside part were fucking insane too.
Some really funny moments too, the voice over bondo one, the fondation stuff and some more.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »
What a treat. Really sick video. I am only at the first 20 minutes but can't wait to see the rest. Everybody killed it so far. Rizzo's part was my favorite. And I watched that one heelflip from Justin like 30 times.

Everything after the first twenty minutes or so, following the opening credits, feels like a fever dream. I think it was cool of them to do the traditional part style in the beginning, and then do the rest of the video a lot more fluidly, with clips of skating interspliced with other footage.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2021, 06:01:08 PM »
Was a good watch overall. Seems like a group of people that truly enjoy being around each other. Trips look like a good time. Was it mostly filmed around the mid-west?

DeBobby owns TD Towers at this point as far as I’m concerned. Last trick was fucked. Watched his part a couple times already.

Liked everyone’s footage. It all mixed well and had variety.

Cutting sandwiches with a chop saw made me laugh.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »
Was a good watch overall. Seems like a group of people that truly enjoy being around each other. Trips look like a good time. Was it mostly filmed around the mid-west?

DeBobby owns TD Towers at this point as far as I’m concerned. Last trick was fucked. Watched his part a couple times already.

Liked everyone’s footage. It all mixed well and had variety.

Cutting sandwiches with a chop saw made me laugh.
And CBC, Roy Thompson and pretty much the entire financial district. Had nothing there in this but he also has some of the craziest Bickford tricks.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2021, 08:12:17 PM »
Rizzo bombing the Sopranos house driveway sealed the deal for me
I really must have missed this, do you know approximate time stamp bc I couldn't find it when I skimmed.