Author Topic: Lakai My Way  (Read 3366 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Lakai My Way
« on: March 24, 2020, 03:32:53 PM »
So Lakai is doing the My Way contest again, seeing how I (and I'm also sure many of you have too) have a bunch of time on my hands I decided to take a stab at it. Based my entry based on Mike Mo and his Forecast part.
Don't know about you guys but I'm still a Lakai fan so I got pretty hyped with this Post yours!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:49:41 PM by gsosa »

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Lakai My Way
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 05:58:58 PM »
You left some personal info in the info box

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »
You left some personal info in the info box
THanks dude

nollie front board

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 06:12:15 PM »
war eagle.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 07:49:37 PM »
I made a few, but these are my main 2. They're really just color ways I'd wear. The top was my very first concept. They're suppose to give off a sporty vibe. I really like the lakai cupsole at the moment. I'm a cup person in general. The second pair, I just like.

I did a couple more crazy color ways and I have one more solid color I want to do.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:36:31 AM by TwisT »

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 07:54:03 PM »
Blue/pink one is very nice.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:30:10 AM »
I made a few, but these are my main 2. They're really just color ways I'd wear. The top was my very first concept. They suppose to give off a sporty vibe. I really like the lakai cupsole at the moment. Also I'm a cup person in general, although it'd pro. The second pair, I just like.

I did a couple more crazy color ways and I have one more solid color I want to do.

how were you able to color up the actual image of the shoe?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 09:35:27 AM »
photoshop

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 03:04:15 PM »

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »
that's what i'm fuckin talkin about we have a winner

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 11:15:59 AM »
So Lakai is doing the My Way contest again, seeing how I (and I'm also sure many of you have too) have a bunch of time on my hands I decided to take a stab at it. Basded my entry based on Mike Mo and his Forecast part.
Don't know about you guys but I'm still a Lakai fan so I got pretty hyped with this Post yours!

cool

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 12:38:25 PM »

damn bruh why you showing this to us you could sell this design to YEEZY and make mad $$$ hahahaha
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 03:13:54 PM »

I don’t have photoshop skills but someone please do Burgundy upper with gum sole. Maybe a couple small purple accents.

Holy shit lakai Korea for the win!!
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Glurmpz

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 04:11:20 PM »
Obviously Watson wins, but I have a soft spot for green suede...

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2021, 05:13:17 PM »
Expand Quote
I made a few, but these are my main 2. They're really just color ways I'd wear. The top was my very first concept. They suppose to give off a sporty vibe. I really like the lakai cupsole at the moment. Also I'm a cup person in general, although it'd pro. The second pair, I just like.

[close]

how were you able to color up the actual image of the shoe?

Mutha fkas

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMU-PgWF3CB/?igshid=dmfi34t63alv

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2021, 05:18:11 PM »
Keep doing what you do @TwisT

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2021, 05:42:31 PM »
Man, that is some bs, gonna call that model the TwisT-1 when I see it on the streetz now
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 06:37:20 PM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 06:05:16 PM »
I swear that contest was a scam to get people on the mailing list. I entered too and never saw a thing about it again, and it's been a long time now. But I sure as hell get a lot of spam email blasts from Lakai. I'mma block them. 

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2021, 11:31:22 AM »
Bump because these fools are doing another contest, this time for the Telford, and in the comments on instagram a dude called them out about the Cambridge contest saying he put in a lot of work and then never heard a thing, like everyone else. Lakai responded with some bullshit saying they were clear about the contest dates etc, but provided no proof of the contest results. The dude responded that he's been following all their social media and website since and did not see anything related to that contest result. I chimed in and mentioned Twist's colorway got used anyway and they didn't even credit him.

Lakai shoes are fucking junk anyway, but this is really wack. You'd think a company that's slowly dying a pathetic death would be doing whatever they can to keep the customers they still have.

Edit: I don't follow Lakai because they just post the same shit over and over, but it turns out there WAS a post selecting the winners. Seems strange that none of those colors got produced, but Twist's did.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:58:18 AM by BugleBites »

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2021, 01:06:45 PM »
Bump because these fools are doing another contest, this time for the Telford, and in the comments on instagram a dude called them out about the Cambridge contest saying he put in a lot of work and then never heard a thing, like everyone else. Lakai responded with some bullshit saying they were clear about the contest dates etc, but provided no proof of the contest results. The dude responded that he's been following all their social media and website since and did not see anything related to that contest result. I chimed in and mentioned Twist's colorway got used anyway and they didn't even credit him.

Lakai shoes are fucking junk anyway, but this is really wack. You'd think a company that's slowly dying a pathetic death would be doing whatever they can to keep the customers they still have.

Edit: I don't follow Lakai because they just post the same shit over and over, but it turns out there WAS a post selecting the winners. Seems strange that none of those colors got produced, but Twist's did.

Jesus

Shut the fuck up
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Land of the Faust

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 08:00:10 AM »

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 08:37:20 PM »
The top 10 colorways from the Cambridge contest were posted in May 2020. I DM’ed that guy on the Lakai IG that entered like 35 colorways to show him the the post from the back in May. The team chose the top 3 finalists and the winner on an IG live story. The top 3 got their shoes made in a sample. The Lakai Instagram posted a story today (if someone screenshots it and posts it here) that shows the 3 winners. Also, the contest never said the winners shoe was being produced in the line. Just a sample and a $500 gift certificate to Lakai.

Edit: here’s the photo of the last contest winners:

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:46:43 AM by FS_Overcrook »

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2021, 11:14:16 PM »
Watson gotta hit 'em again with another fresh design for this new comptest.
They're 'bout to be outclassed, outmatched, & outdone all over again.
Give it to 'em. Give it to 'em good!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?