Author Topic: Florida Man tries to shut down skate shop for allegedly backdooring Nike SBs  (Read 10318 times)

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
he's really easy to find on facebook if you want to put a stupid face to a stupid name

pdknox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
he's a kook indeed but I blame travis scott

buttchin

• Rep: 18
Travis Scott, the culprit who doesnt know how to differentiate using a fisheye or not for long lens shots ::)

But in all seriousness though, pretty true. Some of the skateshops in my area were bombarded with so many dumb requests and “can I pay top dollar if you backdoor them to me before release-day?” questions and even constant whining and “canceling” for not getting them and taking the L. In situations like these, I do prefer the real skaters, shop locals, or new skaters getting the first dibs mentality over a person not contributing to the shop and just going for whatever new dunk is releasing. Get your money for sure, but once the hype train goes away and kids don’t fuck w dunk sb’s again, most of these resellers and fuckbois will gravitate to whatever the next hype thing is, and probably wont step foot in a skateshop unless the shoes gets hype-traction again

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
I was done with sneaker culture when I learned that Nike places raffle priority on SNKRS users who read all their in-app content, and regularly buy their shittier shoes.

SlyAssHaoleFaka

• Rep: -2

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
IG: @flowterspace

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482

I won't buy these.
BUT they look better without that swoosh.

They have the swoosh when you get em , they just edit it out so they don’t get shut down. I know some of em are just legit Nikes ironically just being backdoored from the factory
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

SlyAssHaoleFaka

I’ve thought about this forever. Are they good? Can I get blazer reps?
[/quote]

Fuck yeah ya can and i swear they hold up just as long, my only reccomendation is to buy some nice Insoles and replace the ones they come with, tryed to show a pic of some i got for 40$ 

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
I've say this everytime the conversation reps show up

but with reps, quality can be inconstant sinces theres not QA. They're made to look good, not necessarily skate so it's basically a gamble. I'm sure you've bought some cheap thing off amazon or ebay or whatever. Most of the time it's fine, but every once and a while you get a turd.

buttchin

• Rep: 18
My first pair of reps that I legit got scammed on ebay for was the Nick Tershy Diamond Tiffany dunk lows and Nike Golf Dunk sb low. My Niave ass got em for retail thinking they were legit, only to realize forums like Niketalk, sole collector, and NikeSB.org have literal legit check photos to compare the legit and fake production tags and quality/craftsmanship. Sometimes some legit pairs of Dunks and hype shit with like 30,000-400 pairs produced total also have factory flaws as well. Off topic, but I got lucky on a Tier 0 shop raffle for a pair of legit off-white nikes, and the tag and materials had what looked like chew marks on the side panals of the shoes, as well as some B-grade type production quality that accidently got the OK at the manufacturing factory. Even then, imho, the quality of older suede/leather pairs of older nike sb models were way more durable and better quality/build than the newer dunks, besides the new sb Orange Label stuff, Nike puts out

SlyAssHaoleFaka

but with reps, quality can be inconstant sinces theres not QA. They're made to look good, not necessarily skate so it's basically a gamble. I'm sure you've bought some cheap thing off amazon or ebay or whatever. Most of the time it's fine, but every once and a while you get a turd.

This is very true, ive bought about ten pairs and 3 out of ten were questionable (mostly a size issue, running to small) 7 out of 10 you would be hard pressed to find any fault (they come with fake stock x stickers to really make yu feel cheap)

SlyAssHaoleFaka

Expand Quote

[close]

This is very true, ive bought about ten pairs and 3 out of ten were questionable (mostly a size issue, running to small) 7 out of 10 you would be hard pressed to find any fault (they come with fake stock x stickers to really make yu feel cheap)

to be truthful though 2 of the 3 times i complained to the seller through DHGATE and was fully refunded, i stand by that site and the sellers if their reviews are good

finalist

• Rep: 6
plastic shoes with people fighting over what's real or not.
Literally plastic coated shoes that use the cheapest thinnest sections of "leather" and coat them in plastic. It's so easy to manipulate people if you have a big marketing budget and great comms team with pro analytics.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
plastic shoes with people fighting over what's real or not.
Literally plastic coated shoes that use the cheapest thinnest sections of "leather" and coat them in plastic. It's so easy to manipulate people if you have a big marketing budget and great comms team with pro analytics.

We get it, you didn't win the raffle either.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 881
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
Good parent and good person is a big contradiction. It's near impossible to be both at best you can be good at one and acceptable at the other.

I read through this whole thread and still trippin on this comment…. What?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
I feel stupider for reading about all of this.

I need a palate cleanser.

May i suggest sitting down with a freshly brewed coffee or tea and watching this

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
Expand Quote

at 54:04 mark, Alyasha Owerka-Moore, the OG NYC skater/designer who put dunks on to the skateboard scene again in the late 90's early 2000's at Nike corporate with his alphanumeric x nike dunk collab, explained the backdoor, nike/supreme hype train pretty accurately. As a guest on Talib Kweli's podcast , Alyasha basically summed up how streetwear is basically constant consumerism for people trying to get into the "limited club" of the designers, skaters, and artists of a certain brand and spending their hard-earned money to keep up with the joneses. Kinda sad knowing this from an OG designer's perspective, but it is pretty true.
[close]

Always wanted to know more about this dude, thanks for posting this.

Intriguing to hear about his friend with the wrist tattoos that say "Never wait never pay." Kind of reminds me of this image of skating I grew up with, where you know people behind the scenes that can get you into places.

I'll admit I'm into the Dunk hype to a degree. I was able to cop a few pairs last year. I just see it as supporting my local shop. This Florida kid is definitely kooking it as well, there's nothing wrong with skateshops wanting Dunks to get into the hands of actual skateboarders.

yeah this is an interesting podcast.... I second that

scary

• Rep: -7
I got some $20 fake dunks off reddit which im still skating 6 months later. I’ll do a video review if you guys want but the shape is kinda off and way less thick than legit dunks. BUT i kinda like how the shitty pleather skates, and with them being cheaply made i get a lot more boardfeel idk.

Letting you in on my secret for reps. The more you fuck them up the better they pass. My dunks have Ollie burn and r dirty from getting drunk, pass 10/10 no ones LCing dirty shoes and them being beat kinda masks the imperfections.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
I literally buy rep's off of https://www.dhgate.com/product/dunk-laser-orange-low-running-shoes-photon/716354592.html?dspm=pcen.pd.alsobuy.3.Vnqy7LTSHgg739HKTSiT&resource_id=716354592&scm_id=rec.yml...rec.yml..._hkcppd_related_cppd_r9_9001_null_notgreen_0.5600683._716354592_ff8080817a5aac68017a8a2e3724227c_763750196.#cppd-3-5|null::r2384107518 

and skate the living shit out of em for 60$ and they look and feel exactly the same next to real ones i have

100% I got all the releases I want and never feel bad about skating them. Fucking love DHgate

fs5050

• Rep: -10
Dude must just be a hype beast or army boy who is relearning kickflips and boardslides  on the flat bar at skatepark on the weekends buying shit at zumiez or online and not know anyone but as my local’s manager once told me when I asked about how legit the raffle is he said “it’s legit enough but c’mon it’s skateboarding after all”

Couple days later I go in to buy more shit and dude sells two pairs of dunks days after the raffle ended to a shop hang around who sells weed and raps and a kid who’s mom spends lots of money there but also is a good skater.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127

I received my 277 Dunks yesreday.. Dare I say they are the most comfortable shoes I own now??  I was jipped one pair. I ordered 2 pair for me and my son. Waiting to hear back. Already ordered another pair a size down. Took 30 days exactly.

indysk8r

• Rep: -22
litterally every shop back doors these shoes, it does not matter

SlyAssHaoleFaka

Expand Quote

[close]

I received my 277 Dunks yesreday.. Dare I say they are the most comfortable shoes I own now??  I was jipped one pair. I ordered 2 pair for me and my son. Waiting to hear back. Already ordered another pair a size down. Took 30 days exactly.

Stay on the seller and then if they go unresponsive you can file a claim with DHGATE and they will refund you in about two weeks

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
Dude must just be a hype beast or army boy who is relearning kickflips and boardslides  on the flat bar at skatepark on the weekends buying shit at zumiez or online and not know anyone but as my local’s manager once told me when I asked about how legit the raffle is he said “it’s legit enough but c’mon it’s skateboarding after all”

Couple days later I go in to buy more shit and dude sells two pairs of dunks days after the raffle ended to a shop hang around who sells weed and raps and a kid who’s mom spends lots of money there but also is a good skater.

Jesus Christ this hurt to read
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
917s clown shoes deck was spot on

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
Expand Quote

[close]

Jesus Christ this hurt to read

Absolutely no punctuation. Beautiful.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021