Author Topic: Tensor maglights  (Read 14254 times)

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 90
Re: Tensor maglights
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2023, 04:11:09 PM »
Thanks!  I might end up liking the stock bushings but I’ll try bones and I have some Indy conical orange in my skate junk drawer

Follow up: wow these bushings are fucking terrible

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2023, 07:00:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Thanks!  I might end up liking the stock bushings but I’ll try bones and I have some Indy conical orange in my skate junk drawer
[close]

Yeah...well the top one is for sure. Run Bones, no washers to really open up the truck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2023, 02:41:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah...well the top one is for sure. Run Bones, no washers to really open up the truck.

If you have access to a set and are in a warm climate, the film stock bushings or medium aftermarkets are the best things I've run in my mag lights so far. They've got a little more surf than the bones and really let you get deep into that 55mm turn but they're the nipple and formula keeps them feeling firm and stable the whole way. You never really feel like you're going to bottom out or wheelbite. The bones are probably better if you prefer that more responsive, thunder-ish kinda jawn though.

I would rate venom Street formula as a good aftermarket bushing for them too and thunder stocks work as well. Indy 92a cones didn't feel right and the tensor replacement bushings are marginally better than the stocks but still absolute dogshit.

Aquatic Dinosaur

« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2023, 02:44:24 PM »
Bones medium are working well in my atg maglights.  Not perfect.  I noticed you can’t get loose with these trucks or they’ll wheelbite easily even with the 55mm height (I’m using 53mm wheels). 

Anybody try switching up the pivot cups???

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2023, 09:16:16 PM »
I wanna try the new big ass truck
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

boneless900

• Rep: 52
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2023, 10:13:51 AM »

Y'all think the 9.0+ maglight is still on the way? Haven't seen any updates from tensor and their website/ig presence is pretty much non existent.

The last new item I remember seeing from them was a velvet coated hanger (?)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2023, 11:02:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Y'all think the 9.0+ maglight is still on the way? Haven't seen any updates from tensor and their website/ig presence is pretty much non existent.

I don't think the 9mag is happening. Even if Dwindle figures it's shit out, unless the truck was 100% ready for production, I don't see them investing any money in it. Same with the redesigned mag baseplate.

I just went detective on the tensor team, based on who in their bio
Daewon had tensors in his latest clip
looks like TJ was riding thunders in SLS
Brezenski had indy
Bevup's riding aces
Gallant's still riding tensors

AM kid Steven removed his link, which if you don't know if you @ someone in your bio, that person gets notified, and can approve or deny the linking to their page, as well as remove the hyperlink. It'll appear as white text and not a blue actionable link. He was also on blind. He's riding tensor in his, "I'm on DGK now" clip, but I imagine if you're a kid and you still got a box of trucks laying around, you're not going to immediately buy new ones.

and since I'm in this tensor/dwindle rabbit hole. Holy shit. I just went to thankyousupply.com
Tensor's $85, a set GTFO

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2023, 08:29:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't think the 9mag is happening. Even if Dwindle figures it's shit out, unless the truck was 100% ready for production, I don't see them investing any money in it. Same with the redesigned mag baseplate.

Brezenski had indy
Bevup's riding aces

AM kid Steven removed his link, which if you don't know if you @ someone in your bio, that person gets notified, and can approve or deny the linking to their page, as well as remove the hyperlink. It'll appear as white text and not a blue actionable link. He was also on blind. He's riding tensor in his, "I'm on DGK now" clip, but I imagine if you're a kid and you still got a box of trucks laying around, you're not going to immediately buy new ones.

and since I'm in this tensor/dwindle rabbit hole. Holy shit. I just went to thankyousupply.com
Tensor's $85, a set GTFO

Damn when a dude like Bevup isn’t even riding Tensors you know that shit is over

Aquatic Dinosaur

« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2023, 08:49:35 AM »
I just got a pair from zumiez for $55 shipped with tax. Just in case the end is near

Edit:
They were actually “mags” and not “maglights”, looks like I’ll be returning them.  Luckily you can take them to a physical store for free returns
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 12:54:59 PM by metchup »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2023, 06:53:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Brezenski had indy
Bevup's riding aces

Tensor's $85, a set GTFO
[close]

Damn when a dude like Bevup isn’t even riding Tensors you know that shit is over

Hard truths.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2023, 10:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Brezenski had indy
Bevup's riding aces

Tensor's $85, a set GTFO

i saw TJ skating some redbull contest in SF recently and he was on Thunders too. seeing as he's officially off Blind, he's probably off Tensor, too.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2023, 03:42:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Brezenski had indy
Bevup's riding aces

Tensor's $85, a set GTFO
[close]

i saw TJ skating some redbull contest in SF recently and he was on Thunders too. seeing as he's officially off Blind, he's probably off Tensor, too.

Wonder what Dr. Z is riding now?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2023, 05:05:44 PM »
I just got a pair from zumiez for $55 shipped with tax. Just in case the end is near

Edit:
They were actually “mags” and not “maglights”, looks like I’ll be returning them.  Luckily you can take them to a physical store for free returns

What do you mean? I've never heard of this. Pretty sure there is only one version of magnesium Tensors. The only exception would be the recent Mag Lights that were shipped with alloy baseplates, but that was just a sneaky move from Tensor to get rid of old stock. As long as it's the ATG, you should be fine.

Aquatic Dinosaur

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2023, 05:23:46 PM »
https://www.zumiez.com/tensor-geo-mag-5-25-black-skateboard-truck.html

Check out how the marking on the left of the truck just says “mag” and not mag light.  I couldn’t find another place that sells this online and was thinking it might be an older version?  The axels aren’t hollow and I assume the kingpin isn’t hollow either

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2023, 04:46:24 PM »

Check out how the marking on the left of the truck just says “mag” and not mag light.  I couldn’t find another place that sells this online and was thinking it might be an older version?  The axels aren’t hollow and I assume the kingpin isn’t hollow either

"Magnesium construction means reduced weight: 30% lighter than standard industry truck."

You should be good to go. Go ahead a get you some after market bushings.  The grind is awesome!

Aquatic Dinosaur

« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2023, 10:06:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"Magnesium construction means reduced weight: 30% lighter than standard industry truck."

You should be good to go. Go ahead a get you some after market bushings.  The grind is awesome!

I already have a set of ATG maglights and definitely love the grind on them.  I actually feel a lot more confident on these trucks knowing I’m not gonna stick. And somehow the turn with bones mediums (recommended by Xen) is growing on me. I wanted to buy a second pair because their lifespan seems short either from grinding them away or bent axels.

Anyway they were delivered today with non-hollow axels and kingpin and weighing in at 312 grams, still stupid light and maybe even a more optimal weight compared to the proper hollow maglight? Not sure if I’ll return these yet, could be interesting.  One weird thing is that the sticker on the bottom of the baseplate says $19.99 which is less than what I paid

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2023, 06:08:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I already have a set of ATG maglights and definitely love the grind on them.  I actually feel a lot more confident on these trucks knowing I’m not gonna stick. And somehow the turn with bones mediums (recommended by Xen) is growing on me. I wanted to buy a second pair because their lifespan seems short either from grinding them away or bent axels.

Anyway they were delivered today with non-hollow axels and kingpin and weighing in at 312 grams, still stupid light and maybe even a more optimal weight compared to the proper hollow maglight? Not sure if I’ll return these yet, could be interesting.  One weird thing is that the sticker on the bottom of the baseplate says $19.99 which is less than what I paid

Oh wow! For me I'd almost prefer the Mag over the Mag-light then. I didn't even know that was an option. I just thought it was an edited photo. That's really cool. I'll be on the lookout for some. 

** I'm even more baffled looking at Thank You Supply site again and seeing that they sell Indy's on there with no regular Mag's listed. lol

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2023, 06:21:32 AM »
WTF?

I didn't even know they made a mag truck without the hollow kingpin and axle.

@metchup what does the top of the baseplate say? I've had a few pair of map lights. The first pair I had said magnesium on the baseplate. The other I had didn't. I reached out to Dwindle and they said, they had to rework the full magnessium baseplate. I'm thinking if the top of the basplate says magnesium, you may have gotten old Zumiez stock.

Aquatic Dinosaur

« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2023, 03:33:41 PM »
WTF?

I didn't even know they made a mag truck without the hollow kingpin and axle.

@metchup what does the top of the baseplate say? I've had a few pair of map lights. The first pair I had said magnesium on the baseplate. The other I had didn't. I reached out to Dwindle and they said, they had to rework the full magnessium baseplate. I'm thinking if the top of the basplate says magnesium, you may have gotten old Zumiez stock.

It says guaranteed for life, doesn’t say magnesium anywhere on the baseplate unfortunately

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2023, 05:26:41 PM »
Definitely rather have a solid axle than a hollow one
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)