Author Topic: Tensor maglights  (Read 14253 times)

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 231
Re: Tensor maglights
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2021, 02:11:44 PM »
Update on my Mag Lites since my post back in Apr:
Bent both axles. They are six months old.
I just skate curbs and flatgound. I’m 225lbs of delicious man meat.
But I love them so much, I ordered a new set. I was just about to hit axle, too. Damn.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2021, 02:45:21 PM »
Update on my Mag Lites since my post back in Apr:
Bent both axles. They are six months old.
I just skate curbs and flatgound. I’m 225lbs of delicious man meat.
But I love them so much, I ordered a new set. I was just about to hit axle, too. Damn.

Should [still] have reached out to Tensor/TYSco/Dwindle for a replacement set; they are guaranteed for life dude.

FUBAR

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2021, 03:18:29 PM »
Good call, I will! Thanks!

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2021, 04:55:42 PM »
had them when i was like 15 and i have never been a big boy but i snapped mine after like 6 months but lord were they light.
whats up with tensor anyway? 
big texas cummer

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2021, 08:37:31 PM »
had them when i was like 15 and i have never been a big boy but i snapped mine after like 6 months but lord were they light.
whats up with tensor anyway?

The new mag light ATGs are where it's at. Looks like some people have had quality issues with their sets but I've gone through a few of the new mag lights and haven't had any issues. I've bounced around from different brands recently due to pandemic boredom and usually end up setting up the tensors again. They feel great on a deck with steep kicks. Lots of pop, really great grind. They just wear down incredibly fast. Like 2x as fast as a set of Aces for me.

FUBAR

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2021, 07:27:53 AM »
Yeah I did contemplate trying a different brand but in the end I went Mag Lite again. I sent Tensor some pics of the axles so we will see what they say. My new ones show up today and Im tossing my old bones bushings in them so I should be good. The grind is just too damn good on these things.

phlap

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2021, 08:22:26 AM »
They're a damn good truck aside from the bending issue. It might be worth pairing the Mag Light baseplate with the hangar from the aluminium version, but for that money, it's not worth it.
-Summer of George-

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2021, 09:20:08 AM »
You guys with bent axles, are they beat to shit at that point or still lots of life left? I've two pair 5.5 and 5.8 (well three but I don't ride the 8" anymore), 5.5s are about halfway to axle, 5.8 still pretty new, both get a lot of grind time but on very well worn and smooth curbs, and not even close to anything bent.

Granted they only get used for flat, ledge and curbs, I'm not jumping down shit lately due to recurring ankle shit.

Once you get used to them, it's really hard to leave'em...even tho I would prefer a lower truck.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:27:58 AM by Xen »

FUBAR

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2021, 09:28:28 AM »
Yeah Im close to axle on both trucks. I’m a heavier dude so that could be why I bent them. Highest thing I jump off is a curb, and that is rare. Lots of slappies tho.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2021, 09:52:30 AM »
Yeah Im close to axle on both trucks. I’m a heavier dude so that could be why I bent them. Highest thing I jump off is a curb, and that is rare. Lots of slappies tho.

Makes sense, I mean, every truck gets weak when you lose that much metal and get to axle and with the magnesium I could only imagine how much weaker it is over aluminium at that stage.

I'm around 180lbs and my biggest drops are only waist high or so.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »
The other things that sort of bugs me about them is the tinny feeling they give whatever you are riding, softer wheels help, but if you riding say, a slim 101a ricta, tensors mags and a dwindle R7 that shit is stiff, rattly feeling and tinny sounding especially vs a BBS on indy and spits. Thunder hollows have a nice in between feel.

FUBAR

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2021, 12:22:17 PM »
I get a weird clicking sound when I lean side to side sometimes but I think it’s the bushings (Bones aftermarkets). Other than that, they sound normal to me.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2021, 12:45:25 PM »
I get a weird clicking sound when I lean side to side sometimes but I think it’s the bushings (Bones aftermarkets). Other than that, they sound normal to me.

No clicking here, didn't get that with the new AF1s either; I think I ride too loose to get clicking, do you ride tight?

FUBAR

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2021, 03:54:30 PM »
Yeah kinda tight, but loose enough for wheelbite on 50mm-ish wheels.

wilk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2021, 04:19:23 PM »
I have the ATG, they are good for a light truck...I think they turn just as well as Thunders, maybe a little worse but they have a similar geometry as Thunders as far as wheelbase, but don't have the same baseplate drag. I'm hearing a lot of talk about how well they grind. I found that they grind extraordinarily well on plastic (like benches) concrete, painted concrete...and that's about it, they grind terrible on most metals I've used them on...like really slow, oddly slow. I'm pretty sure it's the soft magnesium that causes this. I compared the grind on the same metal coping ledge.. that's usually fast for most people on all other trucks even without any wax...still grinds fast after it has rained, Thunders it's fast...tensors it's slow af, noticable drag, granted...I'm 5'10 and around 200, so maybe I'm digging them into stuff more, however... I'm not the first to think they grind slow on metal. Surprised none of you have mentioned this or have had the same problem. I like the kingpin clearance. I don't like how light they are, and tbh I'm looking to give them away.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2021, 05:54:24 PM »
They actually have a closer WB to Indy, than thunder. Never had an issue with them being slow on metal EXCEPT angle iron, like with the THEEVE TIh, except the tensors sort of dig into the edge; no issues on round metal.

Doesn't bother me as they're primarily a slappy truck for me.

wilk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2021, 06:32:28 PM »
 That's interesting bro, a lot of people I've heard from have said they don't grind well on metal and that's my experience as well, just realized they are coated, and tbh mine aren't super broken in for grinds, so maybe that's the issue. Idk, on the stop and chat recently Schmitt said they are closer construction to thunders after I think Crob said he heard the same thing you're saying...closer to Indy, I never measured but anyways, they really don't feel like either or to me...they are kinda their own thing, really light...turn decently...grind well on most things, but they are too light for me at this point, I need more foot pressure from the board for flip tricks, a heavier truck gives you that, that in conjunction with cupsole shoes, I don't feel the damn board much on basic flip tricks lol, so I find myself missing flick a lot. They allow the board to flip and spin freely on its axis with very little drag, but the foot response is weird, I don't want to get used to it. The grind issue I had with them on metal isn't really my issue tbh. In fact, I think I'd like the non magnesium ones more probably. Also I really like that I personally didn't need to change out the bushings for bones which is what I run in thunders, that interlock thing they are doing is nice. I definitely recommend them if you are looking for a light truck and don't like the other "advertised as light" trucks out there. It's scary how light these make your board. Windy days you'll know your board is light lol.

FUBAR

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2021, 03:28:29 PM »
I got ahold of them on my bent axle issue and they were awesome…new pair is on the way. Had to send in pics and show proof of purchase.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2021, 08:13:09 AM »
I got ahold of them on my bent axle issue and they were awesome…new pair is on the way. Had to send in pics and show proof of purchase.

That's awesome...showing proof pf purchase tho...I mean, who keeps their skate receipts when you buy local (and for that long)? Online you get digital so no issue.

Glad they hooked you up!

FUBAR

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2021, 09:50:31 AM »
Yeah man, thankfully I was able to pull it (proof of purch) from the site I ordered from. The set I am on now feels different…grinds are not as buttery. Weird, but maybe once they break in they will feel like the olds ones. Four sessions in and axels are still straight though.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2021, 10:23:42 AM »
I just ordered some Mag Light Los for my 7.75" setup and I'm hyped. Can't wait for my board to be uncontrollably light.

Do Tensors fit aftermarket bushings like Bones or the machined Indy ones? I'm sure I'll enjoy the interlocking bushings but I want to be able to know that I have others to fall back on, and I know that Venture baseplates are too short for these bushings so I don't want to make that same mistake with another truck.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Srt32srt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2021, 10:48:18 AM »
i have them on all my setups except my wide bois only because they dont make them big enough. the grind is the most consistant and less likely to stick, the turn is good after you break in the bushings. just ride them stock until they break in.

PolarJames

• Rep: 6
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2021, 05:11:29 PM »
Seriously thinking about getting a pair of mag ATGs, from the Ben Degros video it sounds like they grind great.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »
Seriously thinking about getting a pair of mag ATGs, from the Ben Degros video it sounds like they grind great.

They grind better than anything out there, especially crust. Look at his vid, he b/s slappies with indys then with mags and goes twice as far (with less speed).

Just fiddle with the bushings, suggest bones if you do.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2021, 09:31:34 PM »
Are they all hollow? Or are there both regulsr and hollow versions?
I've been curious about these for so long. I've been out of action for almost 6 months after a minor, but sensitive back issue so riding a lighter setup seems very tempting right now.

FUBAR

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2021, 04:07:01 AM »
Got the replacement pair of ATG Maglites in July and bent the axles shortly after my last post. Maybe got 5 sessions out of them so being ground down like my first set is no excuse. Such a bummer because I loved everything else about them. Tensor knows these axles bend easily (I told them my whole story) so will they do anything about it? I’m back on Ventures now, which yeah, do not grind anywhere near as good as the Tensors.

I guess I could keep asking for new trucks after they bend but eventually they would get sick of that.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2021, 07:10:35 AM »
Got the replacement pair of ATG Maglites in July and bent the axles shortly after my last post. Maybe got 5 sessions out of them so being ground down like my first set is no excuse. Such a bummer because I loved everything else about them. Tensor knows these axles bend easily (I told them my whole story) so will they do anything about it? I’m back on Ventures now, which yeah, do not grind anywhere near as good as the Tensors.

I guess I could keep asking for new trucks after they bend but eventually they would get sick of that.

Man, tough luck. I'm 185  - on average - and haven't bent them (either of my three sets); only flat and slappies.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2021, 07:52:41 AM »
I'm 200lb+ ledge boy, and I didn't bend ATG my axles. I guess it in some part has to do with how you skate. I cant slappy

Srt32srt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2021, 12:27:17 PM »
I just ordered some Mag Light Los for my 7.75" setup and I'm hyped. Can't wait for my board to be uncontrollably light.

Do Tensors fit aftermarket bushings like Bones or the machined Indy ones? I'm sure I'll enjoy the interlocking bushings but I want to be able to know that I have others to fall back on, and I know that Venture baseplates are too short for these bushings so I don't want to make that same mistake with another truck.

yes bones fit but dont recommend. the tensor bushings are awesome once broken in without moving the nut id just ride the bushings for a week. they could be squeeky but nothing a little wax in the pivot cup and on the bushings cant fix. the top washer is thin so the washers tend to bend eventually if you tighten them too tight in the beginning before they are broken in. hope this helps, i have 5 sets of tensor atg mag lights and a pair of aluminum atg.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2021, 01:29:25 PM »
If you ride even remotely medium/loose ditch the stocks, at minimum the top bushing.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 02:53:57 PM by Xen »