Author Topic: Tensor maglights  (Read 14255 times)

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tensor maglights
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2022, 06:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
I don’t hate the lows and have skated 53s on them (with homemade dremel wheel wells)
There is a hack  for the lows that keeps them from wheelbiting, and it’s from the dude on skateboardingismylifetimesport
And it is to run a venom downhill bushing as the bottom bushing and then the tensor low top bushing. I’m skating this on my thunder 147s right now, and wheel bite is gone, so I’ll bet it would work on the tensors as well. I’ll eventually try it but am liking the thunders too much at the moment
[close]

Peak truck nerd reference there (skateboardingis…) that dude was a triiiiiiip.
I still want the lows
Be sure to keep your eye on eBay, I’ve gotten a set off there for cheap

dr.prestige

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2022, 11:27:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
3 sets of bent axles, only one inside washer.
[close]

How are you people bending axles?

[close]

[close]

The poster you just called fat? They just shit themselves & lost 15 pounds.

But for real, how aren't people bending axles? Do yinz exclusively skate curbs and low impact manny pads? Do you ever huck yourself over ~7 set rails or skate out ledges?
[close]

No hucking bigger than a 5 these days if I can help it ;)

Slides and Grinds and Flat...I mean, that's what they excel in. Doesn't matter what setup I'm riding, if the slappy session is going down that day the maglight board comes out to play.

That said, since I paired them with a slick and dragons, it's become my go to grab out of the quiver except for park as most parks near me are smoove...well most of venice is...someone should bondo/fill in that pitted landing zone.

Yeah these trucks are definitely intended for actual street skating, they don't fit well with parks. Pairing them with Dragons sounds like an optimal crust setup, if I ever get some I'll definitely put 'em on my maglights

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2022, 04:01:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

But for real, how aren't people bending axles? Do yinz exclusively skate curbs and low impact manny pads? Do you ever huck yourself over ~7 set rails or skate out ledges?
[close]

Slides and Grinds and Flat...I mean, that's what they excel in. Doesn't matter what setup I'm riding, if the slappy session is going down that day the maglight board comes out to play.

That said, since I paired them with a slick and dragons, it's become my go to grab out of the quiver except for park as most parks near me are smoove...well most of venice is...someone should bondo/fill in that pitted landing zone.
[close]

Yeah these trucks are definitely intended for actual street skating, they don't fit well with parks. Pairing them with Dragons sounds like an optimal crust setup, if I ever get some I'll definitely put 'em on my maglights

It's a good time! I find myself skating around more instead going to the spot and staying there...

boneless900

• Rep: 52
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's a good time! I find myself skating around more instead going to the spot and staying there...

I've only been skating crusty spots with fairly chunky, poorly waxed curbs so the maglights have been pretty awesome for me. I didn't want to take time to break in and use the tensor bushings, so I opted for Indy blue conical bushings on bottom w/ cupped washer with a shaved down bones hard top bushing with a cupped washer.

The turn feels very responsive to me, but just doesn't dive nearly as deep as it could since I'm not using flat washers. I like that it has a bit more of a stable center and doesn't dive deep on turns as I feel more steady and less prone to wheelbite (I ride medium/medium tight so i haven't gotten any using this washer/bushing combo and I'm on 56mm wheels). It's only been 2 sessions so I'm still getting used to the lightness of them, but overall I'm very happy with these trucks so far.

If you want a deeper turn and still want your trucks to feel like they can snap back to center, I recommend a bones medium or hard top bushing (depending on your weight, truck looseness preference). The bottom bushing can be any conical you want to try as long as it's softer or equal to the duro of the top bushing

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2022, 01:06:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Following through lol. Got the 54mm Dragons, the wider ones. Paired em with my 7.5” Maglight Highs

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2022, 02:12:04 PM »
Where in the fuck are these new mags with 8.75" axle and mag baseplate?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2022, 06:03:48 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkdQsHwOjS8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2hex claims they have the real game changer

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2022, 09:51:24 PM »

Looks like they are scheduled to ship April/May 2023. They are calling it the 6.25" size and will have a 9.125" axle.

Donald Quinelle

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2022, 01:39:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looks like they are scheduled to ship April/May 2023. They are calling it the 6.25" size and will have a 9.125" axle.

Sweet, finally. Hopefully with solid axle and kingpin.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2022, 03:34:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sweet, finally. Hopefully with solid axle and kingpin.
[X] doubt

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2022, 11:27:53 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkdQsHwOjS8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2hex claims they have the real game changer

I'll buy a set or two. We need more magnesium options on the market

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2022, 11:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s a weird fucking jump.  They’re going from 8.5 to 9.125?   With nothing in between?  I’d prefer an 8.75.  But I’ll still buy these. 

Excellent info. Thank you for posting. A lot of people have been asking on the tensor Insta posts but tensor never responds. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 11:49:16 AM by And_so_it_goes22 »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2022, 01:51:09 PM »
It is, especially since there are people riding the 8.75s and posting around the net...

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2022, 02:07:35 PM »
I'm all in on the 9.125 trucks

switchfakie

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2022, 02:22:06 PM »
i think the only reason i'll buy them is so that i can experiment with larger wheels without having to sacrifice weight

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2022, 09:39:29 PM »

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2022, 05:39:32 AM »
I’m personally holding out for the Tensor Fleshlights with the slider piece.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2022, 07:33:35 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkdQsHwOjS8/?igshid=ZmVmZTY5ZGE=

lighter than Mags..they say..

I would have to see these 2hex products put through the paces. Tensor had bending and breakage issues.

2hex makes a lot of stuff, but There’s no tracing them. I wouldn’t even know if I had a 2hex deck or whatever. Without that you can’t really say if 2hex is quality like you can with says bbs, creative urethane, emirco etc:

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2022, 04:33:34 PM »
Expand Quote

I would have to see these 2hex products put through the paces. Tensor had bending and breakage issues.

2hex makes a lot of stuff, but There’s no tracing them. I wouldn’t even know if I had a 2hex deck or whatever. Without that you can’t really say if 2hex is quality like you can with says bbs, creative urethane, emirco etc:
Very true. I would definately try a pair of their magnesium trucks, but don’t think you can actually buy them anywhere. I even signed up my email to get a quote for a bulk order on their website, but didn’t see magnesium as an option. I’ll keep looking I guess, but I’m all for more options for magnesium trucks.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2022, 11:07:23 AM »
My full Maglight collection as of late. I got a couple new sets during their Black Friday sale and I’m digging ‘em so far.

From left to right: some bright yellow 8.25” highs, some silver/clear 8.5” highs, my trusty black 7.5” highs and on the sidelines are my black 7.5” lows. The lows really turn like shit lol I couldn’t take them anymore.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2022, 01:28:36 PM »
I'm all in on the 9.125 trucks

They're dead silent on the 9.125"

I finally bent my 8.25/5.5s, got a warranty pair (next day delivery), doesn't say maglight on the plate but whatever...I'm on 149s as it is these days...During the emails I asked about the new sizes...8.75 due in Spring.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2023, 01:05:23 AM »
The pair 5.75 im on are getting pretty beat, 
Not bent tho .   

Have any of you taken these down to the axle with out them breaking or bending?

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2023, 09:08:25 AM »
Ordered some 5.25 maglight atg and they are on the way.  What bushings are you all using to improve the turn, or are you riding stock?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2023, 09:31:59 AM »
Are the new wider trucks going to even drop with the the dwindle change ups?

Are you guys still gonna mess with tensor now that they’re under new management? I already switched to tensor venture

Edit: i make so many typo's on slap, and never get called out on it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 11:59:17 AM by TwisT »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2023, 09:39:18 AM »
I doubt they'll survive; they've zero mindshare and even less than niche marketshare.

It'll be a bummer if they die off, they're a fun truck.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 11:33:27 AM by Xen »

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2023, 10:56:35 AM »
Ordered some 5.25 maglight atg and they are on the way.  What bushings are you all using to improve the turn, or are you riding stock?

I ride the highs stock. The highs turn just fine on their own, sure they're not Indy or Ace but they turn well enough that I don't really think about it when I'm skating them. The lows, however, turn like shit, and I don't think that's a bushing problem, I think that's a geometry problem. You might be able to salvage some of the turn by swapping out the bushings in the lows but I think it's a lost cause unless you skate tight trucks or don't mind a shitty turn.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2023, 11:01:39 AM »
Are the new wider trucks going to even drop with the the dwindle change ups?

Are you guys still gonna mess with tensor now that they’re under new management? I already switched to tensor

Fuck, I didn't think about that. That's a bummer. Is there anything to suggest that the change in Dwindle's management is going to result in a switch-up in manufacturing? If it's still the same trucks just sold by corpo assholes, I might keep buying them until there's another magnesium truck readily available on the market.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2023, 11:31:57 AM »

For the ATGs, Bones, no washers (bottom bones = same height as stock botom+washer). Huge improvement in turning ability as I found the stock bushings to be too tight (so if you ride tight, you should be fine stock).

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2023, 12:05:16 PM »

I’m not a fan of bones bushings. So I use the Indy conical’s, orange or blue.  Oddly, the 5.5s seem to turn better than the 5.75s.  So I’m running orange in the 5.75s and blue in the 5.5s. 

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2023, 04:48:55 PM »
Thanks!  I might end up liking the stock bushings but I’ll try bones and I have some Indy conical orange in my skate junk drawer