Author Topic: Cheating on your board sponsor with antihero  (Read 5085 times)

winnasoda

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
Cheating on your board sponsor with antihero
« on: April 06, 2021, 02:16:00 PM »
I’ve seen it happen more than with any other company (obviously because antihero is one of the coolest companies ever) but it sorta makes me happy in a sick twisted way. There was Kader more recently, Brian Anderson his entire time on girl, kellen James, Cory kennedy in pump on this, the list goes on

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
Re: Cheating on your board sponsor with antihero
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 03:49:57 PM »
you'd think the eagle was an alltimers board when they were starting out
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 04:11:15 PM »
It doesn’t count if it’s an eagle. Read the fine print, it’s in there.

conqueso

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 04:13:01 PM »
2021 version is to wear supreme

haydtang

• Rep: -20
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 04:45:44 PM »
eagle board good, other board not good. makes sense to me

Miserable Old Sack of Shit

• Rep: 31
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »
Alex Olson talks about (at about 5 minutes in) how he was stoked that he could ride whatever he wanted when he left Girl and chose Anti Hero, I wonder if he was riding those boards while he was still on. Do people just like the wood shop their boards come from? Also, why is he covering up the size sticker with his hand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb1t2OftDQs

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 06:53:10 PM »
Main reason is because blanks aren't as dependable but you'd be surprised
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »
all my old fat friends with anti hero eagle boards and old skools are just in between big deals 8)

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 07:03:38 PM »
Alex Olson talks about (at about 5 minutes in) how he was stoked that he could ride whatever he wanted when he left Girl and chose Anti Hero, I wonder if he was riding those boards while he was still on. Do people just like the wood shop their boards come from? Also, why is he covering up the size sticker with his hand?

I dusted off my CSI software to determine that the board he is holding is 8.38"
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 07:14:53 PM »
For what it's worth I've never snapped a Deluxe board, but have broken damn near every Girl or Chocolate board I've ever skated.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 07:26:34 PM »

i swear to god this exact comment has been posted here before.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Frank and Fred

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 07:42:51 PM »
At the time of BA and CK, Girl wood was pretty crappy. It's come a long way since then.

CK even modeled his shape after the Cardiel one. Currently Girl is still making it but DLX doesn't have it in rotation. Please fix this DLX.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 07:45:21 PM »
It doesn’t count if it’s an eagle. Read the fine print, it’s in there.

This is true

wigwam_24

• Rep: 24
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 06:17:18 AM »
everyone wants to get a lil... HECKRIDE sometimes...
My hass is out

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 06:30:30 AM »
Kader will probably start riding the 18, shortly after he quits baker for FA.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 07:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I dusted off my CSI software to determine that the board he is holding is 8.38"

Yes indeed, 8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5 wheelbase and my current favourite shape. I also still have one of those new in shrink I bought way back when they first came out but forgot about, but more so cause I was riding a smaller eagle then too.

Funny how it often comes back around though.

@Frank and Fred
On that shape of Cardiel deck, just wait for the summer drop... There are some great board shapes coming out from the 18 in the not too distant future.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 08:05:36 AM »
All I know is I rode my friend’s anti hero once and my halfcab flips magically started folding beautifully. My Krooked deck got pissed and broke later that day in a fit of jealous rage.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 08:17:02 AM »

@Frank and Fred
On that shape of Cardiel deck, just wait for the summer drop... There are some great board shapes coming out from the 18 in the not too distant future.

Hope so mate. I just ordered a Crailtap one in desperation.... Cheers for the update.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 09:05:46 AM »
A lot of people love the wood that DLX uses and if your company uses some half assed china stuff they'd rather ride something else, DLX also takes care of its core shop accounts really well so these shops probably get a few extra boards every package and those can be given to shop homies if they're out of boards. I'm sure if you ride for spitfire or thunder and ask they'll throw a few in your box too. When KAYO was still big they would do a baker dozen plus one deal, so you got 14 or the price of 12, thats wy a lot of shop riders would be on KAYO boards, they would also throw another price point in sometimes just for the hell of it, thats part of the reason a lot of shops went hard for KAYO back in the day.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 11:21:39 AM »
Expand Quote

@Frank and Fred
[close]

Hope so mate. I just ordered a Crailtap one in desperation.... Cheers for the update.

Didn't order a Phawt but hyped to hear this nonetheless.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 12:15:38 PM »
DLX is widely considered to have the best wood, and Anti-Hero is probably DLX's premiere brand. If you're in the DLX family, I don't think they really care too much, because all the profits flow in the same direction. I'll add that I remember seeing Zion on an Anti-Hero in a clip last summer
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2021, 01:02:50 PM »

He has multiple clips in pretty sweet on antihero boards

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2021, 01:06:24 PM »
Expand Quote

@Frank and Fred
[close]

Can confirm this, skateboardings collective older/shaped deck crowd is going to absolutely fucking ballistic.

My body is ready, and my wife is already mad at how much money I’m going to spend.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

snowballz

• Rep: -12
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2021, 01:09:15 PM »

He's covering it up because reflections like that directly into the lens can fuck with the camera's white balance/exposure.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2021, 03:22:55 PM »
To keep it real, while their team's stacked, I never cared for the eagle graphic.  The Deluxe wood is always quality, but I never wanted an Antihero board.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »
back when the Brooklyn banks was a huge session every weekend bc nobody knew when it was getting fenced off. Just that it would soon. it was also the summer which is when every company does their nyc trip anyway.

I say all that to say the day I saw Craig there, everyone seemed to riding eagle decks besides Koston who was skating a really dumb supreme board he def paid for. This was way before the LA store existed so he had no pull. I heard geo told him the price and when he said “im koston”  geo said oh word ?? then repeat the same price he originally game him hahah

Carroll didn’t have a board at all so I guess he counts as not Having a dlx board. He was wasted at noon putting condoms over his face and breathing through his nose so it blew up like a balloon then exploded on him. Nobody was hyped but him hahah. In hind sight that is pretty sick. Also Scott Johnston was stil skating and watching that dude skate in person is some of the craziest shit ever. Straight up tech street surfing

Free max b
FREE MAX B

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2021, 04:43:40 PM »
If I owned a board brand I would be pissed if my riders road any other brands boards unless it was Anti-Hero. I'm pretty sure the dlx guys will ride whatever they want. I have definitely seen Ishod and Ronnie ride Anti-Hero boards before. I know Raven Tershy has ridden a lot of anti-hero as well. I feel like I see less non-dlx guys riding dlx decks nowadays though. It still weirds me out to see Crail riders actually on crail decks not just other decks absolutely covered in crail stickers.

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2021, 06:41:15 PM »
If I owned a board brand I would be pissed if my riders road any other brands boards unless it was Anti-Hero. I'm pretty sure the dlx guys will ride whatever they want. I have definitely seen Ishod and Ronnie ride Anti-Hero boards before. I know Raven Tershy has ridden a lot of anti-hero as well. I feel like I see less non-dlx guys riding dlx decks nowadays though. It still weirds me out to see Crail riders actually on crail decks not just other decks absolutely covered in crail stickers.

Yeah, I remember in an interview Ronnie said ishod learned to skate transition on the Cardiel egg. Raven makes sense because he’s practically a legacy pick at dlx and is one of cards favorites.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 03:45:02 AM by Freelancevagrant »
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Tireeedd

• Rep: 27
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2021, 10:19:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]