Author Topic: Thrasher Magazine - June 2021 - Yuto  (Read 5837 times)

onepumpchump

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Thrasher Magazine - June 2021 - Yuto
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2021, 09:18:56 PM »

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2021, 11:06:24 PM »
Should have been the cover for the April issue, not the June issue.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2021, 11:29:08 PM »
the caption on insta has me so confused.

what the fuck is he doing.

There’s two videos of him doing on different ledges in this topic

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2021, 11:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nollie 270 switch front tail
[close]

No - he lands on the end he popped off so it’s nose (unless you’re doing the trick fakie)
[close]

So in Mouse does Gino do a nollie 270 front nose? Nah it's ss backtail

Ehh this all getting muddled.  Yuto lands in switch noseslide position so it’s the same as what you’re arguing with Gino I guess

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2021, 01:46:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

No - he lands on the end he popped off so it’s nose (unless you’re doing the trick fakie)
[close]

[close]

Ehh this all getting muddled.  Yuto lands in switch noseslide position so it’s the same as what you’re arguing with Gino I guess

The slide is indeed a sw back tail for nollie frontside 270 into it(the one Gino does) but a regular noseslide for nollie bs 360 into it (as on this cover). I feel very certain of this for some reason though it makes no logical sense.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2021, 02:13:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The slide is indeed a sw back tail for nollie frontside 270 into it(the one Gino does) but a regular noseslide for nollie bs 360 into it (as on this cover). I feel very certain of this for some reason though it makes no logical sense.

My head hurts

The only combination I don’t like is the backside 270 to fs tailslide.  Don’t think that ever looks good

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 100
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2021, 03:40:21 AM »
I can't wrap my head around this trick I need to see the footy

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 48
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2021, 04:00:19 AM »
Always wanted to see a nollie cab front nose on a handrail, seems like it would be a beautiful looking trick. Also, that's a nollie cab tail and I will die on this fucking hill.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2021, 04:53:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My head hurts

The only combination I don’t like is the backside 270 to fs tailslide.  Don’t think that ever looks good

I think Nestor does that trick well but otherwise it usually looks odd

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2021, 05:36:57 AM »
Hopefully they have a premier on 4/20 and call it Blaze It Bro!

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2021, 07:20:15 AM »
Yuto is unreal. Who else could do a nollie back 270 to noselide down a rail? 

coneklr

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2021, 07:57:59 AM »
While it's been posted twice in here all you have to think about to make more sense of this trick (forget about the nollie part for a second) is that you can either turn 90 or 270 to land on your nose sliding in the same position/directon on the rail/ledge/whatever.  Yuto takes the long way and basically taps a noseslide on his way through a backside 360.  Fucked up trick as you can't see whatever you're trying to land on the majority of the time.  Definitely a nose slide though and easy to see in that street league clip someone posted above.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2021, 08:26:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What about his positioning says anything close to switch back tail lmao it’s a back nose slide.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2021, 09:04:54 AM »
I like yuto and that's a crazy trick, but have to say it's a bit of an underwhelming cover when I've seen him do it first try in contests on similar sized stuff. Similar to Chris Coles Cold War ender and most of Luan's parts. Maybe that's just my punishment for watching streetleague

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2021, 09:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What about his positioning says anything close to switch back tail lmao it’s a back nose slide.

It's an analogy to the frontside version of the trick

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2021, 01:41:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Shrimp is right here. It’s the same trick but frontside. Nobody does nollie half cab front noses. Nobody does cab switch front nose.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2021, 08:59:42 PM »
To add more confusion, I call that a Nollie bs 180 to SS fs tailslide, back to regs (goofy in this case)

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2021, 09:16:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Shrimp is right here. It’s the same trick but frontside. Nobody does nollie half cab front noses. Nobody does cab switch front nose.

But it’s only because the way the body is positioned that makes you think he lands in a back rail.  He pops off his nose and lands on it.   That would make the fakie/cab version a cab front nose instead of a cab back tail

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2021, 12:49:21 AM »
When I started skating older guys told me you can’t switch your stance mid air, if you pop nollie you just can’t land on any switch position it’s always gonna be regular something unless you turn 180 when it’s fakie. I know there’s few exceptions, like fs 180 to ss crooks and so on but I was thinking those simply came from to ease up things while chatting with mates. I think that’s nollie 270 to noseslide too.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2021, 01:31:51 AM »
When I started skating older guys told me you can’t switch your stance mid air, if you pop nollie you just can’t land on any switch position it’s always gonna be regular something unless you turn 180 when it’s fakie. I know there’s few exceptions, like fs 180 to ss crooks and so on but I was thinking those simply came from to ease up things while chatting with mates. I think that’s nollie 270 to noseslide too.

You know that rule is dumb when the people that came up with it have to start making all kinds of exceptions for different cases.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2021, 01:54:59 AM »

not to take anything away from this trick, since it is pretty sick, but it does have the potential to be locked and slid in a nice medium length hubba and this looks like he just scraped the rail on a nollie bs 360

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2021, 06:02:46 AM »

not to take anything away from this trick, since it is pretty sick, but it does have the potential to be locked and slid in a nice medium length hubba and this looks like he just scraped the rail on a nollie bs 360

The rotation never stops. Be sick to see Thiago do one on ledge and slide it 20 feet.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2021, 08:10:00 AM »
Trick naming is not an exact science, and naming exceptions come up all the time based on the way something feels. That's why THPS/fingerboard nerds often try to be pedants about tricks that they nothing about doing.

Gino's nollie270 to switch back tail is so-named because he slides it like a back tail. He's looking over his shoulder in a switch backtail position, not at all what a frontside noseslide looks like

Yuto's trick is more of a gray area. He slides it in a position that could be a bs noseslide or a switch tail

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2021, 08:16:54 AM »
Trick naming is not an exact science, and naming exceptions come up all the time based on the way something feels.

THANK YOU !
Some people were trying to call fakie crooks fakie suski in some other thread.....

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2021, 08:45:45 AM »
Trick naming is not an exact science, and naming exceptions come up all the time based on the way something feels. That's why THPS/fingerboard nerds often try to be pedants about tricks that they nothing about doing.

Gino's nollie270 to switch back tail is so-named because he slides it like a back tail. He's looking over his shoulder in a switch backtail position, not at all what a frontside noseslide looks like

Yuto's trick is more of a gray area. He slides it in a position that could be a bs noseslide or a switch tail

Agreed! Good point about looking over the shoulder

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2021, 09:07:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Agreed! Good point about looking over the shoulder

Gino slides it like a switch back tail because if you subtract the first 180 degrees out of the trick you're left with a switch backtail. The same is true of Yuto's trick, only switch front tail. Unlike a front nose and a switch backtail, a photo of a locked in noseslide and switch tailslide are virtually indistinguishable.

I would say it's up to Yuto to decide as it's his trick but I would rather say my cover was a switch tail than a noseslide

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2021, 09:11:53 AM »
Always wanted to see a nollie cab front nose on a handrail, seems like it would be a beautiful looking trick. Also, that's a nollie cab tail and I will die on this fucking hill.

Since you're dying on your hill over this and people are getting very nitpicky I will add that a cab is only fakie... and he's spinning the wrong way for a cab.

So die calling it a Nollie 270 sw tail.

I don't even know why I bothered to write this, I might go die on a hill just for being so anal about things