Author Topic: Cold Call: Kader  (Read 5502 times)

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Re: Cold Call: Kader
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 09:31:16 AM »
I back Kader in spite of the fact that I cannot force myself to be interested in his footage. He's still wildly impressive, just lacks in excitement for some reason.   

KBizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 10:39:34 AM »
Style for days, this was dope.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2021, 12:42:45 PM »
those were some nice fs slappies

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 01:52:47 AM »
Am I watching the same clip as everyone else?  I mean its fine but there sure is a lot of love for what is basically average park footage.

this! I dont get why he gets all the hype. No style and only average footage. It is not like he puts hisself on the map like Joslin did.

It is like giving SOTY to Tyshawn Jones, you can, but there is no real reason. Giving Soty to Milton or Mason is a no brainer, cause they ripped hard as fuck. But I dont think this matters anymore ... sad

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 02:30:17 AM »
I enjoyed the skating alot. He's grown pretty quickly. I imaginge that can definitely be a challange on your skating, because you'd have to adjust so much to land the same tricks.

Apart from his skills on the skateboard he comes across as a regular goofy teenager. He seems like a good guy.

Good and Evil

• Rep: 3
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 09:09:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Am I watching the same clip as everyone else?  I mean its fine but there sure is a lot of love for what is basically average park footage.

this! I dont get why he gets all the hype. No style and only average footage. It is not like he puts hisself on the map like Joslin did.

It is like giving SOTY to Tyshawn Jones, you can, but there is no real reason. Giving Soty to Milton or Mason is a no brainer, cause they ripped hard as fuck. But I dont think this matters anymore ... sad

[close]

I know this isn't the thread for this... but did you see TJ's Blessed part? It's gotta be one of the best video parts ever.

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2021, 02:55:48 PM »
Can't wait to read all the replies in here about him being "Antwuan 2.0" despite coming across as very level headed and smart in this video considering his young age and fame/talent.

I wouldn't say he comes across smart, but he seems like a nice guy and his skating is very good. I wish him well.

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2021, 05:23:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tripping. Dude with dope style and tons of potential who already rips. He’s got an army of fans too.

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 239
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2021, 06:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kader is easily the most scrutinized skater on slap, i swear I've seen more people "not getting the hype" more than I've seen actual hype. Dude is 17 and a bunch of grown ass men jump at the chance to tear down this kid's skating even when the thread/subject matter has nothing to do with him. Reynolds cosign gave him impossibly big shoes to fill, I can't imagine what that kind of pressure is like for someone his age. Imagine spending your most emotionally vulnerable teenage years under the microscope of the entire skate industry, when I was 15 I was smoking weed in my friends basement and playing smash bros.

I don't mean to come after you specifically, I just see this shit on here every day and I'm getting sick of it. And again not to imply anything about your motivations, but a chunk of the kader hate is definitely racially motivated (even if a poster doesn't consciously mean it to be, there is so much culturally ingrained racism present in our lives, especially towards young black men that it's inevitable)

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2021, 08:28:39 PM »
^interesting. I'm not really prepared to to call it an issue of race yet, myself. To me it's more of a "popularity breeds contempt issue": is the said subject deserving of the attention or not? You see it happen all the time with in any activity. Some examples within skating I can think of: Leticia Bufoni at one point didn't seem well accepted by her contest peers who felt that she wasn't representing females how they should be (even though she was beating them in contests), Dylan reider for some was too pretty or had fake style, sean pablo -- not good enough to deserve the attention. Furthermore, even others like SkateMoss or Beatrice Dommond's presence in skating has been in question for a lot of people.

Skating is a notoriously hard crowd to gain acceptance in, especially if a skater is compelling for whatever reason that others don't agree with. I think most skaters just want to know whether or not the objective skill matches the resulting success and reception. In this case, it's more of "is this kid really that good? or is it that he was just the token little kid that we've grown to watch over the past few years?" Skating success more seems personality driven as an important variable, as I view Kader as someone very fortunate to have been given exposure by Reynolds as a child on par with adults. I can't really think of any other "child-star" figure thats been pushed as much as he the past few years. All in all, good on Kader to follow through in his success, cause not every little kid can yield the results he has when given the baton.

There is always something that people will pick on when someones popular. Maybe race is a part of it? But I'm not really convinced the color of his skin in in the eyes of others has anything to do with it, yet. If so, there would be more glaring examples levied to skaters of color across the board -- I'm thinking Ishod, Tiago, Zion... there's so many amazing skaters of color that haven't had there success in question (not that I'm aware of). It's always a game of whose cool or not, why, and whether or not the subsequential success is deserving or not.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2021, 11:55:26 PM »
Not gonna read all that but skatemoss is fucking moron. Nothing to with gender just a dumbass person that can barely do a popshuv. but if she does make one you know she’s beaming right into the IG live phone.

Beatrice is the complete opposite of that.

Y’all some real weirdo grown ass men. hating on a kid that smokes more in one sitting than you can afford in a week. And fuckin kills it.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2021, 01:07:56 AM »
Pete and Bread Harrity.

I think some of you guys need some Ibram X. Kendi in your lives.
The chillest1

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2021, 02:27:02 AM »
that was cool, kader is sick. he lives exactly how i wished i could live when i was his age. that ledge in the backyard court is high as fuck. wow.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2021, 08:24:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The fact you used joslin as the counter example to why you don’t like kader told me everything I need to know. Then you doubled down by bringing Tyshawn into this and discrediting him when he has nothing to do with it but I know why you did told me everything else I needed to know. Piece of shit.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2021, 09:42:53 AM »
Haha yeah, saying Kader has no style, and then comparing to Joslin was an wild move.
The chillest1

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »
Kader is fun to watch skate. He won me over at the Dime Glory Challenge with that tail drop. Lots of established dudes couldn't come close to landing that and he just kept hopping up on top of that pyramid like it was nothing.

But, the filming was not my style. The initial park footage felt like and vert video where the filmer was going back and forth with the skater.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2021, 01:59:33 PM »
To the posters saying they don’t get the hype - I was the same when he was young (shorter) because I just can’t het behind kid footage. But watching that made me a fan. The confidence on the backyard kickflips was magic.

Free Whirl

• Rep: 3
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2021, 09:36:39 PM »
kader is the truth! hyped that he's on adidas along side puig  😎

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2021, 01:25:58 AM »
literally best skater imo

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2021, 08:17:47 AM »
Kids rips and skates fast with power now.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2021, 10:33:18 AM »
Haha yeah, saying Kader has no style, and then comparing to Joslin was an wild move.

That’s what I was thinking. I’m not a kader fan but I rather watch kader skate baker boys park than a full Joslin part.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2021, 09:30:49 PM »
Honestly a really enjoyable style to watch, he has some of the best frontside flips out right now.

I cant tell if he got tall or is just lanky and short like Louie Lopez?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:47:50 PM by zozu »

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2021, 08:14:37 PM »
Honestly a really enjoyable style to watch, he has some of the best frontside flips out right now.

I cant tell if he got tall or is just lanky and short like Louie Lopez?

prob av height but im not rly sure could b cuz hes hella skinny

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2021, 03:08:19 AM »
Oi let’s do like Instagram live smoke offs for money I back myself smoking weed, the shit grows on trees
listen to cosmic psychos