Author Topic: Whats up with Jacopo?  (Read 13468 times)

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
Re: Whats up with Jacopo?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2021, 07:40:22 AM »
fuck i just remembered mike v and the rats so disregard anything i just said
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2021, 07:59:20 AM »
Y’all are fucking tripping. Or trolling. Kid is fucking dope and has the ill style tf y’all even talmbout. Dude went from flow to having a part in the Baker 4 and being pro. Tf

Free max b
FREE MAX B

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2021, 08:07:24 AM »
I always thought Dee was a poor mans Jamie Tancowny and Cyril was basically born in a Zumies. I would never buy their shit.

Jacopo is sick, in his parts you're going to see things other than blown out Cali spots. He fit's Baker like a glove and hope to see more love thrown at International skaters. I can't imagine how challenging it is to try to make it in an foreign industry that's like 10,000 KM away from where you grew up.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2021, 08:21:07 AM »
I always thought Dee was a poor mans Jamie Tancowny and Cyril was basically born in a Zumies (...)

Not a Zumies but a Cleveland

Close though!

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2021, 09:14:39 AM »
fuck i just remembered mike v and the rats so disregard anything i just said

and:

1:28-1:38 is my favorite part (Mike V with mic stand watching the guitar player)

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2021, 09:36:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Idk how anyone can compare Jacopo to Cyril, he’s better in every way imaginable and isn’t a corny rapper. Anyone saying he shouldn’t be pro is chatting shit
[close]
Cyril actually isn't horrible at rapping. Got more flow than most skate rappers.
[close]

About as backhanded as it comes haha
[close]

Tbh every pro skater that has tried music has absolutely sucked at it. I’m all for them trying and I am interested in listening because of there skating but that’s it.

I think the most talented skate musician is Tommy Guerrero and while he is pretty good any 16 year old kid at Eastman can shred his song during first listen I’ve seen it!
[close]

chuck treece is a pretty renowned session musician on several instruments. played on billy joel records and shit

mario rubacalba is a full time drummer

i liked ray barbee’s stuff w/ mattson 2

Sage put out 2 fully realised projects in 2020, I thought they were alright too, although I'm partially to that kind of hip hop.

I can only say that Cyril's stuff isn't something I'd listen to, to me it already seems dated but I guess a lot of people fuck with that kind of sound, it's pretty broad and not too offensive. I do think his rap career could potentially suffer from the same thing his skate career did (sticking to that 2013 model) although hip hop definitely has a way bigger audience so he'll find his people I guess.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2021, 10:17:49 AM »
sage is legit, i was a navy blue fan before i knew it was him

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2021, 10:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Idk how anyone can compare Jacopo to Cyril, he’s better in every way imaginable and isn’t a corny rapper. Anyone saying he shouldn’t be pro is chatting shit
[close]
Cyril actually isn't horrible at rapping. Got more flow than most skate rappers.
[close]

[close]

Tbh every pro skater that has tried music has absolutely sucked at it. I’m all for them trying and I am interested in listening because of there skating but that’s it.

I think the most talented skate musician is Tommy Guerrero and while he is pretty good any 16 year old kid at Eastman can shred his song during first listen I’ve seen it!
Hensley plays music for living right?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2021, 11:19:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Also, Caballero in the Faction, Odd Man Out, Soda, etc. In my opinion, the Faction was great

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2021, 06:44:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Also, Caballero in the Faction, Odd Man Out, Soda, etc. In my opinion, the Faction was great

Yes and I’ve got to see him play with the drop kick Murphy’s but they’re pretty much flogging mollys farm band. Not that I’m a huge floggy molly fan but they have a dedicated fan base and kinda define ska as much as ska enthusiasts would throw up at that idea.

The faction are also alright but tbh without cab being a pro skater would they really stand out from any other socal punk band of that time?

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2021, 06:46:52 PM »
Not to mention that doesn’t rank them as individual musicians just because they play music.

I’m sure there are some dumb ass kids out there who think Aaron kyro is better than ray barbee.

I’ve never walked into a music shop or hung out with non skater musicians and they’re like “man I’ve been studying all of cabs guitar playing the guy is a genius”

Cab doesn’t even register on the map of good guitar players

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2021, 07:55:44 AM »

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2021, 08:15:17 AM »
sage is legit, i was a navy blue fan before i knew it was him

Same. Had a song play in a playlist and was enjoying it before looking at the artist. When to his page and listened to some more tracks, and was pleasantly surprised.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2021, 08:17:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yes and I’ve got to see him play with the drop kick Murphy’s but they’re pretty much flogging mollys farm band. Not that I’m a huge floggy molly fan but they have a dedicated fan base and kinda define ska as much as ska enthusiasts would throw up at that idea.

The faction are also alright but tbh without cab being a pro skater would they really stand out from any other socal punk band of that time?
you think flogging molly is ska??? how on gods green earth did make that leap?? not to be the genre police but cop punk bands like flogging molly and dropkick murphy’s share legitimately no DNA with the specials or choking victim or fucking reel big fish. also, just not for nothing, cop punk is the worst and FM and DM fucking blow

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2021, 08:35:53 AM »
I’ve genuinely enjoyed Ray Barbee’s releases. I got to see him and Mike watt together once ant that was sick as hell.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2021, 12:29:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
you think flogging molly is ska??? how on gods green earth did make that leap?? not to be the genre police but cop punk bands like flogging molly and dropkick murphy’s share legitimately no DNA with the specials or choking victim or fucking reel big fish. also, just not for nothing, cop punk is the worst and FM and DM fucking blow
Lol@ cop punk totally accurate. The missing link is the Bosstones. Same scene and considered ska somehow.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2021, 12:52:01 PM »
Cop punk? Are the Pogues cop punk too? Lotta Irish cops on the east coast, it just happens to cross over.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2021, 01:01:14 PM »
Cop punk? Are the Pogues cop punk too? Lotta Irish cops on the east coast, it just happens to cross over.

Pogues are definitely not cop punk

Dropkick Murphy’s definitely are though Lololol if you can’t tell the difference that’s on you

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2021, 01:07:20 PM »
Idk that much about what cops listen to, sorry bud, I need you to explain how much you hate your cop step dad or some shit and how that correlates to Irish twinged punk.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2021, 01:29:47 PM »
The correct answer is Dani Lebron. Dude could literally become the next Paco de Lucia years after he’s done skating.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2021, 01:33:13 AM »

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2021, 01:47:23 AM »
Im a big jacopos fan, but Baker 4 is like a year before Corona shit and a lot of euros has been productive even with pandemic.

"euros"... you do realize that Europe is not one single country and that Covid has hit different countries differently? Not much footage coming out of Northern Italy currently because of obvious reasons.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2021, 02:01:59 AM »

Dead to Me

• Rep: 75
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2021, 04:42:47 AM »
Hyped, tomorrow's going to be sick. Bs smith fs shuv out was dope

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2021, 05:29:53 AM »
Bump. Can't wait!

Some incredible frontside noseslides in that promo
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2021, 05:43:17 AM »
People havent seen dees or cyrils boards because they dont realize that baker has changed a lot since before baker 4. I even think they changed the wood (it got pricier here in europe). Slimming down down the pro team means you get to see the once still on more common.

Nobody in Europe cares for a Jacopo board. Maybe some Italian people but his name isnt big enough here in Europe to make a difference. I dont think European skaters even unite like that.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2021, 07:14:47 AM »
People havent seen dees or cyrils boards because they dont realize that baker has changed a lot since before baker 4. I even think they changed the wood (it got pricier here in europe). Slimming down down the pro team means you get to see the once still on more common.

Nobody in Europe cares for a Jacopo board. Maybe some Italian people but his name isnt big enough here in Europe to make a difference. I dont think European skaters even unite like that.

Lol why are you talking about things you have no clue about. I ll repeat myself. Every italian skater knows who Jacopo is. His board is very present. easily the one I ve seen the most in Roma (quite far away from Milan). Even with the baker beeing more expensive than other brand his board slaes well. The guy rips and he is the first and only (?) italian on a huge and historic brand like Baker. People care and support him.
check my music

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2021, 07:47:36 AM »
Y’all are fucking tripping. Or trolling. Kid is fucking dope and has the ill style tf y’all even talmbout. Dude went from flow to having a part in the Baker 4 and being pro. Tf

Free max b

this, what the fuck is this thread

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2021, 11:00:43 AM »

Announced that new part on YouTube as well.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
Ledge over grates is now too easy, I propose adding 2 more grates in length