Author Topic: Making New Friends / Dating during Corona  (Read 314 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Making New Friends / Dating during Corona
« on: April 08, 2021, 02:50:59 AM »
If not for skateboarding, making new friends during this would have been next to impossible. Still a little weird at the moment but I've managed to meet some new folks out skating. Aside from that I met up with a few people from reddit and other online platforms - even tried Bumble BFF but found it super awkward. Only kept like 2 friends from all the effort.

Some friends even dropped off - literally went into isolation mode and haven't seen them for around a year. I kind of got to the point of only hanging with a really small circle of friends, going to the skatepark, and kicking it with the lady over the past year-ish. Actually, I guess that's kinda generally the routine even pre-corona.

Not in the dating game, but my friends have had some pretty interesting stories on dating during Corona times. So I'd think some of you have some corona specific awkward sexual/dating experiences to share?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 03:56:15 AM by sexualhelon »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: Making New Friends / Dating during Corona
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 03:42:46 AM »
I'm 30+, neither are for me.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:13:32 AM »
i am just trying to get people on instagram every time i go to the park or new spots and meet people just cause i am really interested to see what other people are doing. cant really find any regular crew to skate with kinda sucks but i understand it doenst really make sense when i only skate for like 1 hr at a time most of the time. just try to hit people up before i go and usually can find at least 1 person.

i was not trying to meet ladies but i met this fine single mom playing pokemon GO. i met my wife online anyway but i guess people are more apprehensive to meet up for the first time, that has to be hard. i wouldnt expect things to change much :( gotta adapt
ONTARIO CANADA

sketchyrider

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 09:17:35 AM »
naw, coronavirus killed my social life for sure, or was the final straw in some cases. couple friends got kinda Trumpy, most couldn't be bothered to wear a mask or adjust their habits at all. as the numbers got worse i didn't wanna be indoors with those fools, now that i'm vaccinated idk if i really have much interest trying to revive the friendships. only girl i was interested in kept posting pics at indoor bars, that was a pass...probably too late now.

i really wasn't the mask/quarantine police either, would have totally risked it to hang with people that half-ass made an effort, and i did meet up with out of town friends that weren't total covidiots.

i try to be social at skateparks, but its mostly kids, i'm friendly with some of the older dudes but seems like not a whole lot in common other than skating.

i'm taking it as a sign to stash some money and move out with friends/family out west, i feel optimistic despite all the above.