Author Topic: Thrasher Magazine - June 2021 - Yuto  (Read 5852 times)

Ms. Tamzarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
Re: Thrasher Magazine - June 2021 - Yuto
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2021, 11:45:38 AM »
looks like a kevin romar trick.

That was my first thought!

I feel similarly about the font for his name as has been hilariously pointed out ;D But I like a few others think the photo is tops! Very animate shot, makes me imagine the trick - which to me is the ultimate category of skate pics .... even though this particular trick has proven to be an enigma!

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2021, 12:23:41 PM »
Gotta admit I’m having fun with the name bullshit. Thought I’d throw something else in here.

Maybe the main reason why it’s a nollie 270 tail is the way he gets into the slide. Think of a switch front tail. You lock into it by bringing your tail over the rail as your board turns. Any tailslide for that matter.

Then think of a noseslide. You Ollie into it and transfer your weight and feet into the rail without going over it and rotating. Completely different way to get onto the rail.

Now look at YUTO’s trick, or any can back tail. Again you’re locking into the same way you do a tailslide, except you’re adding the 180 turn before hand.

Hence it’s a FUCKING nollie 270 switch front tail

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2021, 04:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
looks like a kevin romar trick.
[close]

That was my first thought!

I feel similarly about the font for his name as has been hilariously pointed out ;D But I like a few others think the photo is tops! Very animate shot, makes me imagine the trick - which to me is the ultimate category of skate pics .... even though this particular trick has proven to be an enigma!

yea, i thought the angle of the photo was good! if photos & covers are supposed to get us thinking & spark discussion as to how some tricks were even done or where they're even coming from for some tricks, then this one did its job.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »
Gotta admit I’m having fun with the name bullshit. Thought I’d throw something else in here.

Maybe the main reason why it’s a nollie 270 tail is the way he gets into the slide. Think of a switch front tail. You lock into it by bringing your tail over the rail as your board turns. Any tailslide for that matter.

Then think of a noseslide. You Ollie into it and transfer your weight and feet into the rail without going over it and rotating. Completely different way to get onto the rail.

Now look at YUTO’s trick, or any can back tail. Again you’re locking into the same way you do a tailslide, except you’re adding the 180 turn before hand.

It's a noseslide.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2021, 06:56:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Trick naming is not an exact science, and naming exceptions come up all the time based on the way something feels.
[close]

THANK YOU !
Some people were trying to call fakie crooks fakie suski in some other thread.....

Extrapolating this: How would a fakie front blunt not look/feel like a bs noseblunt?  Or really any fakie trick not look like the nollie version?

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2021, 07:39:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Trick naming is not an exact science, and naming exceptions come up all the time based on the way something feels.
[close]

THANK YOU !
Some people were trying to call fakie crooks fakie suski in some other thread.....
[close]

Extrapolating this: How would a fakie front blunt not look/feel like a bs noseblunt?  Or really any fakie trick not look like the nollie version?

As in what Reynolds does in a line in the Emerica bonus part?

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2021, 08:03:46 PM »

Personally I just go by simplicity; if he's rolling up to it regular then any slide that is done via the nose I would consider a noseslide regardless of how he ollies into it.
Calling it a nollie 270 switch frontside tail just makes a difficult to picture trick even harder to imagine.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:11:20 PM by Logic »

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2021, 10:29:55 PM »
the reason the gino trick is 100% nollie fs 270 to ss bs tail is because of which shoulder he's looking over

if he'd done the same trick but looking over the other shoulder when sliding then sure, it's a nollie fs 270 fs ns

with the yuto trick, which goes in the other direction, there is no looking over the shoulder during the slide to create a definition as per the above

i would call it a noseslide. to me it doesn't have an ss fs ts feel to it at all, but i can see why it could technically be described as such. if he came out fakie, it'd probably feel more like a ts

conqueso

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2021, 11:38:53 PM »
Gino's trick is a nollie 270 nose slide and so is Yuto's. not that complicated.

liquid

• Rep: -11
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2021, 12:32:49 AM »

think of a nollie noseslide... he just added a 360 to it...

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2021, 01:12:35 AM »
Unless you’re fakie - if you land on the nose it’s a noseslide and tail tailslide.  That’s why it’s a 180 nose grind even though you’re then grinding on the back truck

(I obvi also love the pedantry around naming conventions)

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 421
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2021, 01:41:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

think of a nollie noseslide... he just added a 360 to it...

This guy gets it.

(Yeah, pretending there's right or wrong here is a lot of fun.)

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2021, 02:14:43 AM »
His body shape is pretty close to the DRI band logo

LittleJerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -16
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2021, 06:24:53 AM »
It took me so long to picture this trick! Like a nollie back tail but go all the way round to nose slide!
This has really pickled me
Thank you haha , i couldn't picture this trick for the first minute or two until i read your post . Got it !